Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Hmmm, so after a little thought, I'm reworking part of the plot of the next episode. It'll be delayed a little but, but I think it will work better in the long run.
    Take your time work it out we will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
      I hope that means that you are adding in some stuff about the Earth intelligence agencies so9!?
      Haha interesting as the idea is, that wasn't what I wanted to tweak. Although you have to remember that Alliance Intelligence is like the FBI and agencies like the CIA and Mossad are your city police departments. They exist for different purposes and to serve different entities.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well, I hate to put a damper on this but I have to say Labyrinth was... pretty bad.

Super thick nebula? Explosive gas in space?

I have to say that the moment to science in SF stars to degrade, is closely followed by the moment to plot does the same. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just giving a heads up here.

PS. Cold plasma is possible, and has been demonstrated under laboratory conditions, in fact, it makes good shielding against charged particle radiation and has been considered as such by NASA.

PPS. s09, I just noticed the superficial similarities between our sigs, sorry about that.:O

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Well, I hate to put a damper on this but I have to say Labyrinth was... pretty bad.

Super thick nebula? Explosive gas in space?

I have to say that the moment to science in SF stars to degrade, is closely followed by the moment to plot does the same. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just giving a heads up here.

PS. Cold plasma is possible, and has been demonstrated under laboratory conditions, in fact, it makes good shielding against charged particle radiation and has been considered as such by NASA.

PPS. s09, I just noticed the superficial similarities between our sigs, sorry about that.:O
          It was super-thick? And I'm confused... ionized gas + a plasma beam = combustion, does it not?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well, aside from the inherent problems with plasma beams in the first place, I suppose it might work -- but I make no promises.
            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              Well, aside from the inherent problems with plasma beams in the first place, I suppose it might work -- but I make no promises.
              Eh, I suppose that's the problem with my not being a scientist. Either way, I blame TPTB... they started the plasma beam nonsense!

Comment

No blame is cast on you.
                sigpic

Comment

I blame the Furlings, with there giant magnets!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

It was super-thick? And I'm confused... ionized gas + a plasma beam = combustion, does it not?
                    A nebula in real life is nowhere near thick enough to do what's described in Labyrinth, it wouldn't be thick enough to impede sensor readings except for the most long ranged navigational telescopes. So any explosive effects would be about as dangerous as a summer breeze for a shielded craft.
                    Nebulae are also very big, and while I acknowledge the technological savvy of the people who built it, it would still take an obscene amounts of resources to intersect a nebula with energy beams thick enough to keep out ships, from what's described of the platforms.

Through densities like what you have are possible, they don't happen in nebulae, maybe a proto star system, or a gas giant would be more appropriate.

Comment

A nebula in real life is nowhere near thick enough to do what's described in Labyrinth, it wouldn't be thick enough to impede sensor readings except for the most long ranged navigational telescopes. So any explosive effects would be about as dangerous as a summer breeze for a shielded craft.
                      Nebulae are also very big, and while I acknowledge the technological savvy of the people who built it, it would still take an obscene amounts of resources to intersect a nebula with energy beams thick enough to keep out ships, from what's described of the platforms.

Through densities like what you have are possible, they don't happen in nebulae, maybe a proto star system, or a gas giant would be more appropriate.
                      Hmmm, I'll take that into consideration. I hadn't thought about the possibility of it being a protostar system, but now that you mention it, that would work quite well.

Comment

That's a better setup in my opinion as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I'll take that into consideration. I hadn't thought about the possibility of it being a protostar system, but now that you mention it, that would work quite well.
                          There you go, the storyline and scientific accuracy aren't necessarily incompatible.

Comment

There you go, the storyline and scientific accuracy aren't necessarily incompatible.
                            True dat!

(Side note: still writing, apologies.)

Comment

True dat!

(Side note: still writing, apologies.)
                              Don't worry, its your story so take as long as needed.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Just a quick question; did we ever find out what happened to Zanous Garrin after he was left on Hebridan, or indeed what happened to Hebridan?
                                SG Vennix
                                (Executive Producer/Creator)
                                - Coming Soon -
                                http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier
                                (Executive Producer/Creator)

Comment

Working...
                                X