Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was just a big can of awesome

Comment

s09 it would be nice for a ship update and map update thanks.

i rule startegic games

Comment

Think of it this way: the semester is over in about a month so we'll almost definitely have an update then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          Think of it this way: the semester is over in about a month so we'll almost definitely have an update then.
          lol, as long as it isn't like that 5 week wait during the summer...

On the subject of Time-

This episode was one giant can of AWESOME. Seeing Chloe die, but then have her around to die again, and have her living again so she can die YET AGAIN, is awesome.

Haha, but on a serious note- they did this time travel episode great. I'm still not understanding the whole time travel stuff, but the stuff that I do understand is great.

I'm glad they didn't have an Eli 'last man standing' part, and they had Scott do it instead. Eli probably would've quoted movies... not that I've minded it so far, but at that point of the episode, I probably would've killed him for doing it lol.

Loved the Rush- "to be, or not to be" skull moment.

I'm thinking that this episode was a large window into Rush's real reason for being.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

On a side note, I'd really like to compliment the average IQ on these boards. I'm a member on a sports board, and let me tell you. Sometimes I wonder if they have brains. Today there was a topic on zombies- I think it had to do with some video game. Naturally, I pulled out the Martin Lloyd joke (Zombies have been done to death ). A few posts go by with no response to it, and then finally someone quotes it and says "actually, zombies haven't been done enough imo".

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              i'm not sure if double face palm covers that.
              have you got a triple? that might...

Comment

face stairs is much better

Comment

In my opinion zombies only really belong in fantasy. At least then they can be somewhat believable. I mean, even assuming they have enough strength to dig themselves out of a grave, they are still limited by human physiology, and human teeth are just not meant to bite into flesh. In fantasy it can at least be explained by magic, and they're usually downplayed. In the PC game series Age of Wonders, for example, they are the weakest units you can get if you control any Undead cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                    In my opinion zombies only really belong in fantasy. At least then they can be somewhat believable. I mean, even assuming they have enough strength to dig themselves out of a grave, they are still limited by human physiology, and human teeth are just not meant to bite into flesh. In fantasy it can at least be explained by magic, and they're usually downplayed. In the PC game series Age of Wonders, for example, they are the weakest units you can get if you control any Undead cities.
                    Through sheer curiosity i decided to look in this thread, and i've got to disagree that Zombies are a thing of fantasy only in the sense of strength. granted yes they are weak in defensive, but offensively is a different story.

Musculature is a curious thing, the average human only uses 15-30% of their actual potential 'strength" as far as musculature is concerned. The human body (or rather the Central Nervous System) will limit the amount of force you can output in order to save itself unneeded pain or injury. (Such as sprained tendons or muscles, or godforbid, spinal injuries)

Here's an example. people who start lifting weights in a strength training program will notice they pcak on 10 pounds of muscle within the first 2 months, and their average lift weight will go up quite a bit. Buuut... they won't actually "grow" in size very much if at all. (Depends on physiology)

Strength training does more than work a muscle, it trains your CNS to allow more muscle cells to activate (forget the technical term, something like muscle or motor units) Once your muscle reaches a certain point of motor units activated, it'll start to grow in order to have more to lift more weight. but until then, you're just training the muscle to lift more with what it has rather than grow.

Now a Zombie isn't a normal human, it's conceivable that their CNS has been mutated to such a point that the body just naturally uses all it's motor units. It does this because the Zombie has no sense of self-preservation like a normal human would. A zombie the size of a young Rick Astley could conceivably punch with Muhammed Ali's strength.

Ever hear of those stories of a mother lifting a car to save her baby? That's the kind of stuff i'm talking about.
                    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

^That argument only makes sense if your definition of a zombie is like the people in Resident Evil 4 and 5. Traditional zombies are slow moving, rotting and seems to me to only be able to use, like, half the strength a normal can.

I haven't seen many zombie movies, so forgive me if I'm completely wrong. But them being able to use a lot more strength seems to me like a complete contradiction of the way they walk.

Comment

^That argument only makes sense if your definition of a zombie is like the people in Resident Evil 4 and 5. Traditional zombies are slow moving, rotting and seems to me to only be able to use, like, half the strength a normal can.

I haven't seen many zombie movies, so forgive me if I'm completely wrong. But them being able to use a lot more strength seems to me like a complete contradiction of the way they walk.
                        You're not wrong, old zombie movies protrayed them as sow moving and the same if not weaker strength than humans., though i do wonder what exactly makes a zombie so threatening in the first place.

I mean... the first zombies were as you say, slow moving, easily dismemberable. but they came at you in the HUNDREDS and you just ran out of ammo.

Whereas these newer zombies are stronger, faster, yet still easily dismemberable. I find the newer zombies to be more dangerous and more fitting with "science" in a fictional sense A human with no CNS limitation is incredibly strong, and with no pain receptors, you have to destroy the brain to prevent the undead neural activity or tear them literally apart.

See, this is what the internet is famous for, scientific explanations of zombies
                        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

if a zombie is just reincarnated dead, then they would not be very smart, they would be fast and would continue fighting even if they lost half their body.

traditional zombies were dangerous because people would become zombies too if bitten.

today's zombies often feature some virus-gone-wrong, and the only survivors are immune

Comment

I like the ReDeads from the Zelda series. They jump on your back and "hump" you!

Comment

I like the ReDeads from the Zelda series. They jump on your back and "hump" you!
                              O.o

W...T...F
                              sigpic

Comment

o.0

Okay.....you should be proud. You've now turned what was once an innocent game into a game of undead sexual deviants.
                                Is everything okay?!
                                I got 5 and Teyla got-
                                I got 8.
                                I got 10 and she got 8
                                (rolls her eyes)

Comment

Working...
                                X