Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maj. Eaton finds herself "Left Behind"
    A routine mission to survey an uninhabited planet for a potential new mining operation goes exactly according to plan, and SG-1 packs up their gear and dials up the gate, fully ready to head home. The sudden arrival of a Der'kal fleet in orbit, however, prompts a harried and chaotic rush to escape, and Maj. Eaton lags behind the others in getting through the event horizon, ending up stranded when she is cut off from the portal itself. Faced with the prospect of a rapidly-descending alien task force, she has little choice but to disappear into the wild and untamed world for cover.

Armed with only the most-basic of weapons and utilities, she's forced to play a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse with her enemy pursuers, well-aware of her presence, while also attempting to discern what they're doing here and where they're headed. And when Rebbecca uncovers the truth, it'll be a race to the finish line to see if she can return she and it home safely to Earth before the Der'kal end her life.

"Left Behind" will not feature any notable guest stars.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      Except for when it doesn't. There was an episode of Law & Order several years ago and right at the very end of the episode, when everything was over and done with, BAM! The assistant DA was found dead in the trunk--as retribution for whatever case they were working.

I tend to prefer sudden, unexpected character deaths since most realistically, they are sudden, unexpected deaths "in universe".

This is why I'm not always a fan of spoilers. You can't have an unexpected death if it's plastered all across the Internet a week in advance (SGA:"Sunday").
      To be fair, she didn't die... she was inducted into the Witness Protection Program, as was revealed to Benson and Stabler soon after her "death." But I see your point.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I kinda want to read this, but at the same time it's just not my cuppa to see Earth get destroyed (it just doesn't feel like Stargate to me)

also it's quite a lot of episodes... i don't suppose someone has a word file with everything up till now so i can read it without having to go page by page link by link?

Comment

actually, check that. Just read half of season 11 synopses and while the beginning was interesting, it waned as soon as the Nox got involved.

sorry s09119, i can see you put alot of effort into this but alas, just not my taste.

EDIT: Okay.. i gave it teh benefit of teh doubt and read the full season 11 synopses... yeah, not my cuppa. too much space battle for my taste and the ending with teh Ascended Ancients actually helping out? Nah. Again, sorry.

Not to say it's not good, it's just not to my liking
          Last edited by Guest; 25 August 2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
            actually, check that. Just read half of season 11 synopses and while the beginning was interesting, it waned as soon as the Nox got involved.

sorry s09119, i can see you put alot of effort into this but alas, just not my taste.

EDIT: Okay.. i gave it teh benefit of teh doubt and read the full season 11 synopses... yeah, not my cuppa. too much space battle for my taste and the ending with teh Ascended Ancients actually helping out? Nah. Again, sorry.

Not to say it's not good, it's just not to my liking
            Season 11 wasn't meant to be the start of this project, as it says in the original post that kicked off the thread. It was just one of a handful of ideas in the "Theoretical Season 11" thread that existed a while back. But when I wanted to write a fan-fiction, I wanted a jumping-off point to start from, so I used the episode summaries I had from before.

But if you don't think it's your thing, that's okay. Everyone has their tastes, and I know there are a lot of fan fictions I just can't stand, myself haha. Thanks for at least giving it a try (although, to be fair, Season 11 is way below the standards of the other seasons).

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Season 11 wasn't meant to be the start of this project, as it says in the original post that kicked off the thread. It was just one of a handful of ideas in the "Theoretical Season 11" thread that existed a while back. But when I wanted to write a fan-fiction, I wanted a jumping-off point to start from, so I used the episode summaries I had from before.

But if you don't think it's your thing, that's okay. Everyone has their tastes, and I know there are a lot of fan fictions I just can't stand, myself haha. Thanks for at least giving it a try (although, to be fair, Season 11 is way below the standards of the other seasons).
              well i'll give it one last shot then. not tonight, but i'll give season 12 a go tomorrow.

Comment

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR "The Parting of Ways" TWO-PARTER; READER BEWARE!

Spoiler:

Comment

To be fair, she didn't die... she was inducted into the Witness Protection Program, as was revealed to Benson and Stabler soon after her "death." But I see your point.
                  I think that the ADA that I'm thinking of was blond (edit: not blond, Alexandra Borgia), and there weren't any Benson or Stabler present. This was during the Brisco/Curtis era, I think.

I've never really watched any of the other L&W series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    I think that the ADA that I'm thinking of was blond (edit: not blond, Alexandra Borgia), and there weren't any Benson or Stabler present. This was during the Brisco/Curtis era, I think.

I've never really watched any of the other L&W series.
                    Oh, you mean Law and Order. Sorry, I assumed you meant SVU since I was watching a marathon of it earlier... xD My mistake.

Comment

lol, both or them are great

Me and my buddies here in Iraq are making our little Law&Order series and its funny as hell.

Comment

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR "The Parting of Ways" TWO-PARTER; READER BEWARE!
                        *GASP* What are we going to do then for season 16!!!
                        This isn't Atlantis?
                        I don't think so.
                        If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

so i've read into season 12... and it's interesting and definitely better than most fic i've read. It's just that the story doesn't intrigue me... i dunno... just doesn't capture my attention.

I know why, i'm less of the epic story reader than i am more specific situations. also i prefer longer narrative that delves deeper into individual characters and individual interactions instead of the wide spread ramifications over a long period of time. (hell i'm writing my own Atlantis Apoca!fic but i'm focusing on the characters and not the big picture. whole thing takes 6 months.)

Your fic is good. I recommend it to anyone who wants a well thought out darker continuation of Stargate. Not my cuppa, but i know quality when i see it.

A few odd moments here and there had me going "I dunno." (Especially the Nox joining the fight) but for the most part it seems pretty believable.

Comment

so when will we know the original homeworld of the Der'kal?
                            Continuing Stargate
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

I tend to prefer sudden, unexpected character deaths since most realistically, they are sudden, unexpected deaths "in universe".
                              Then you might like my continuation. I'm planning a sudden, unexpecting death of a major character in one of the later seasons.

This is why I'm not always a fan of spoilers. You can't have an unexpected death if it's plastered all across the Internet a week in advance (SGA:"Sunday").
                              I was fortunate. I didn't join GateWorld until some time later, so to me Carson's death came totally unexpected.

The sudden arrival of a Der'kal fleet in orbit
                              Looks like Axl was a bit premature.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                                Looks like Axl was a bit premature.
                                One can only have so many not-arc-related stories in a row before you begin to wonder if there's really a war going on... xD

Comment

Working...
                                X