Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.
    that was amazing.
    so the great loss was the Nox. and the Nox aren't human form? are they energy a bit like ascended beings?
    i was kind of expecting the fleet to go there and get pummelled by the Nox superships, but not the Nox just blow up the sun and kill them all.
    Better ending for the Nox then the Ancients had, or the Asgard really, they only took out one? ship.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not entirely happy with how the episode turned out, but I'm glad that it's being well-received anyway. The final showdown could have been explained a little better, but my brain just wouldn't give me the right words to make it sound right... Oh well.

As for the Nox question, I have no idea what they really are. All I know is what Lya told Lor'al; that they're not human.

By the way, the war isn't over. The Der'kal just lost a massive amount of their fleet to Anise's manipulations and the Nox's great deception, but they're still out there and still have a Hell of a lot of ships. The only difference now is that all those fancy advanced cruisers the Der'kal have been churning out since the war began just went up in smoke, and what they're left with are their thousand-year-old ships, no warmaster, and a situation spreading them even more thin than they ever imagined. As I said, this is the climax of the war, not the conclusion. But that'll be here soon enough
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I was expecting the Nox ships to enter hyperspace after discovering a way around the, I know im spelling it wrong, Indricator devices that pull them out
        This isn't Atlantis?
        I don't think so.
        If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

You can make the Nox anything.
          For all we know the Nox might be able to survive as they are some form of weird don't know what.
          Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
          I was expecting the Nox ships to enter hyperspace after discovering a way around the, I know im spelling it wrong, Indricator devices that pull them out
          he has a good point, if the Nox ships and all Nox left and the Der'kal still got destroyed that'd be even better, as we'd still have their amazing ships.
          Or are there still some Nox ships left at Heliopolis?

Comment

I think that they acended...
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Great eppy

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
                You can make the Nox anything.
                For all we know the Nox might be able to survive as they are some form of weird don't know what.

he has a good point, if the Nox ships and all Nox left and the Der'kal still got destroyed that'd be even better, as we'd still have their amazing ships.
                Or are there still some Nox ships left at Heliopolis?
                As Lya explained, the entire Nox population had to be present to keep up the illusion of a warfleet long enough for the entirety of Lor'al's armada to emerge from hyperspace. Their own superhuman abilities (for lack of a better term) have been diminishing for a while now ("Blue Zone"), so they had to mass what was left of them together in order to do much of anything. And remember, there really was no fleet in orbit, just a few Nox ships and a ton of half-burned-out Der'kal wrecks. So really there wasn't any way to win.

Besides, they couldn't just leave. They'd been discussing this whole plan at the start of the episode, and Lya made clear that they were the last of the races of the old Alliance, as each of the others sacrificed themselves for the greater good. In light of that, they wouldn't have ran even if they had the chance, because they felt like it was their time to lay down their lives for the galaxy, just as all their allies once did so very long before.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

still, its great.

Comment

Inga he IS a god. and looking at my last post i notice some spelling mistakes.

anyway w/e.

s09 if that was the climax i cannot possibly fathom the conclusion for i believe it to be far better than this episode. and is it just me or does Phyrus vict5ory imply major loss? meaning that both of us lost something major. mainly our most advanced ally in the new alliance. but i have a point to make

Asgard core > asgard legacy > we have
                    Ancient database in Atlantis > Ancient legacy > we have
                    Furling warship (lost and found) which was stated to have all info of furlings and MW > Furling legacy > we have as last stated in an ep
                    Nox ???? > destroyed

we nearly had the legacies for all four of the great races.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post

anyway w/e.

s09 if that was the climax i cannot possibly fathom the conclusion for i believe it to be far better than this episode. and is it just me or does Phyrus vict5ory imply major loss? meaning that both of us lost something major. mainly our most advanced ally in the new alliance. but i have a point to make

Furling warship (lost and found) which was stated to have all info of furlings and MW > Furling legacy > we have as last stated in an ep
                      Nox ???? > destroyed

Nox legacy will be on Heliopolis probably? They must have put something there about their history or something.
                      and anyway the galaxy and the alliance is their legacy. Us surviving (and defeating the Der'kal) is their legacy.

Comment

I think the Nox legacy is completely different from others', just as the Nox are greatly different from the other races. The Nox have left a legacy of the reborn Great Alliance (of which the Nox and Lya were instrumental in the creation) and the possibility of victory over the Der'kal, both of which will most likely prove to be more significant than the other three legacies in the extreme long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post

anyway w/e.

Nox ???? > destroyed

The Furling warship we captured didn't have a database on it, it was just the flagship of that evacuation fleet. The only information of value on it would be basic historical data from the First Alliance era and about where the Furlings were planning on going before they ran into the Der'kal in the galactic void.

If the Furlings left a legacy at all, it would be that their sacrifice kept the Der'kal from discovering the location of the Milky Way for thousands of years more, and it gave them pause before invading, having already seen the power of one of its members.

Comment

Fantastic episode. With this loss the Der'kal will be forced to pull back to defend their major ship building worlds. When that happens they and the Aschen will be very vunerable. My guess is that
                            Spoiler:
                            the Aschen will get their behinds whipped while the Exarch appoints Vur'naa to be the new warmaster.

Dr. D
                            God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                            Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

In what episode was the Daedalus destroyed?
                              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Ah, good epi, had a very welcome B5 feel to it. Especially the last part, reminded me of the Kosh 2.0 showdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X