No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode, I thoroughly liked it. Although I did flinch when I read that Carter couldn't find a reason NOT to show the Panbora Box. That thing is the only thing in the galaxy capable of holding of the Der'kal, and you're just showing that **** to everyone (yes, a few Jaffa senators that just happen to come by on a whim with no pre-arranged things is _everyone_ when it comes to the security of the most valuable thing we have).

So, I did understand it needed to be destroyed, but I don't think that was a particularly convincing way.

That said, we can now guilt trip the Jaffa into giving us a few boatloads of trinium and other raw materials to indeed make more 304's or even one or two 305's.

Comment

Yes, sector!
      We guilt the FJN into giving us that stuff!
      Green for you!
      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

well i thought it was stupid to allow them to carry weapons inside

Comment

Yeah.
          But I'd say that it's stupid to let them in there.
          It should be desided about 2 days before if someone wants to take a look.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
            That said, we can now guilt trip the Jaffa into giving us a few boatloads of trinium and other raw materials to indeed make more 304's or even one or two 305's.
            to right if s09 puts that in he could put that the bata site to make ship yards for 304s and 305s

i rule startegic games

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              well i thought it was stupid to allow them to carry weapons inside
              1. They're our number one allies and the people doing most of the fighting.
              2. It's been established that carrying weaponry is an honor thing with the Jaffa. Not letting them do it would cause some sort of incident, and Sam's aware of that. Besides, they're the best friends we've got; what reason would she have not to let them see the device?
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

To risky...?
                But, as I said, they should have a visiting time, and such...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                  To risky...?
                  But, as I said, they should have a visiting time, and such...
                  I don't think the concept of "visiting hours" applies to thousands-of-years-old superweapons...
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well they should.
                    Cause like, Mona Lisa.
                    I just say that I need to scan it, don't I need an apoinment...?
                    sigpic

Comment

You're kind of right, but we wouldn't want to cause an interstellar incident by appearing to withhold information about a super-weapon from our allies, now would we?
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Yeah, but they still need to set a date, on when they're set to arive.
                        And if earth's pop get's the hold of this news, then they'ld rise up agains the FJN..
                        sigpic

Comment

I think its fine. considering how powerful the device was, it could have become a plot hole like a lot of SG canon does.

s09 knows this and had to eliminate that as a threat. if this was accomplished in a less convincing way than the rest of the stuff he has done, I am okay with that b/c he has done a magnificent job otherwise.

I also thought it was interesting that it was stored aboard the Jupiter. It makes sense, but its kinda odd..., but makes sense.

also, it is true it should have been under more scrutiny. like maybe a shield around it that immediately raises when plasma charges or is detected. we know the goa'uld could raise their personal shields real quick, like as fast as a bullet kinda thing. so we should have had something like that.
                          Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                          sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

I think s09 wanted the Jaffa to be the ones to destroy Pandora's Box so the remifications of that action can be used later in some way. Some times you just have to ignore real life common sense in order to allow all your ducks, so to speak to line up the way you need them to in order to steer the story in the desired direction. As long as it's not done to frequntly, it's a fairly necessary writing tool.

Comment

well i only have problems with the plasma weapons. seeing as it was already said to be fragile, all he needed to do is to knock it off its pedestal, and then earth could even invest billions into trying to repair that thing.

suspension of trying to repair it: +1
                              no sillyness of allowing weapons +1

Comment

I don't think money exists any more, thekillman...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X