• Show
Clear All

Nice! Excellent! Marvelous!

(Why am I surprised? )
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      From the way it was presented, the only people involved in the plot were the ones who went to Earth. If Carter has any sense, they're not leaving Earth.

I doubt that Earth would hold the Jaffa government responsible for what some rogue Senators did while they were "under attack" from an alien squad that had penetrated into their Senate building.

This could be pretense for Teal'c to wipe out his political foes, though...
      Interesting thought, that.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Interesting thought, that.
        Yes it is, T could us this as a chance to unite the Jaffa nation under his total control. Though... I'm not sure he's capable of doing it. Would we want to see our hero go evil...

Oh and S.. what an epic episode.
        Honestly you have no idea how much I look forward to coming to gateworld to look over the new episodes.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Comment

how long till the next episode approx this is my first post followed the thread since 10/6/09 when i first came accros it and it is truelly amazing with most of the ideas a question for you s09 did earth soon as it was liberated begin to produce earth ships again what happened to the der'kal shipyards and ships would tey reverse enginer the ships and technolgy.
          Last edited by shadez2; 18 June 2009, 07:07 AM.

i rule startegic games

Comment

...s09, it seems that you got an idea from Jeffalas idea...
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by shadez2 View Post
              how long till the next episode approx this is my first post followed the post since 10/6/09 when i first came accros it and it is truelly amazing with most of the ideas a question for you s09 did earth soon as it was liberated begin to produce earth ships again what happened to the der'kal shipyards and ships would tey reverse enginer the ships and technolgy.
              The fate of the Der'kal's infrastructure on Earth will be dealt with later on, but I can say that most of it was destroyed by the aliens that were stranded on the surface when Vur'naa ordered a retreat.

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
              ...s09, it seems that you got an idea from Jeffalas idea...
              No, just stating that he had an interesting thought. It's my neutral way of congratulating those who read into the episodes well enough to figure out what may be coming next since I can't simply spoil things
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by helimachoptor View Post
                Yes it is, T could us this as a chance to unite the Jaffa nation under his total control. Though... I'm not sure he's capable of doing it. Would we want to see our hero go evil....
                Evil is such a relative term...

I don't see it as evil, though. The Traditionalists have shown that they are willing to betray the Alliance and the Jaffa government and abandon any honor that they still hold in order to preserve the Jaffa Nation--and anyone who has an ounce of rational thought knows that the Der'kal wouldn't just leave them alone. After they fractured the Alliance, it would be just a matter of time until they came for the Jaffa.

There are basically two options:

1. Fall into line with the Progressives; or
                2. Leave politics.

If they want to maintain their ties to the Traditionalists "party" then they'll be branded traitors for destroying the one weapon that could wipe out entire Der'kal fleets.

There is rationale for it, the question is whether or not Teal'c has the stomach to do it.

Comment

Well, he doesn't necessarily have to physically wipe out his enemies (which is what I assume you're referring to as "evil"). Destroying them politically would be quite enough (and not evil ).
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Tremendous episode. I did not see the destruction of Pandora's Box coming. Well it looks like it is curtains for the Alliance unless Anise can come through with something.

Dr. D
                    God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                    Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

So, in honor of the fact that you all have to wait for me to get around to writing more, I'm doing a self-analysis of my work, particular the events described in the Dark Future of the Season 13 episode "The Time Traveler." As you will remember, the episode dealt with Jonas Quinn arriving from five years in the future, where the Der'kal had crushed the Alliance, conquered Earth, and nearly exterminated the Tau'ri. His mission was simple; change the timeline and ensure thatthings do not unfold as they are meant to. Did he succeed in his task? Let's take a look, in chronological order of the events Jonas came to warn us about:

Event (Primary Timeline): Second Battle of Ankgor
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Second Battle of Ankgor
                      Success or Failure?: Failure. Jonas's warnings were unable to prevent the Der'kal attack on Ankgor in "Xenocide"/"Total War" from taking place, and billions of Jaffa died when the Agent One virus was released on the planet in an attempt by the Trust to wipe out the aliens. However...

Event (Primary Timeline): Death of Walter Harriman
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): N/A
                      Success or Failure?: Neutral. It is unlikely that Jonas had anything to do with this event, but either way, "chevron guy" Walter is shot by Cameron Mitchell while aiding the Trust escape a compromised ISGC, and not killed when the facility is destroyed, as he did in the alternate timeline's version of the Fall of Earth.

Event (Primary Timeline): N/A
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Death of Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell and destruction of the DSC-304 Aurora
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Thanks to Jonas's information, Mitchell did not rush off to Ankgor to fight off the Der'kal attack in a futile gesture of nobility, and thus he did not perish about the Aurora in its skies as he did in the alternate timeline. Likewise, the Jaffa Admiral Kitel and his flagship, the Hak'tyl, ended up surviving the battle, though they were not meant to.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Removal of Danielle Talbot from command of the ISGC
                      Success or Failure?: Success. After Jonas explains how Dr. Talbot was forced out of her position in his timeline, she was successfully able to avoid the same fate in her own. Whether or not she would have been replaced even with the different events that ended up taking place is unknown.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Vala Mal Doran leaves SG-1 to rally the galaxy's underground against the Der'kal
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Vala does not abandon the team, as it is not broken by Mitchell's death at Ankgor. Instead, she remains a part of SG-1 until its dissolution following the Fall of Earth in "Star By Star." She proves as valuable as ever in the continuing struggle against the alien menace, though she does, eventually, end up rallying smugglers and dissidents into a new, updated version of the Lucian Alliance.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Jonas Quinn rejoins SG-1
                      Success or Failure?: Success. As above, changed events result in no need for SG-1 to gain another member, and the Prime timeline's Jonas never leaves Langara to rejoin his old friends. Instead, he ends up being recruited to Alliance Intelligence, where he assists the human refugees in recovering lost personnel after they lose Earth.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Death of Daniel Jackson
                      Success or Failure?: Success. With no need to take likely-suicidal missions against the Der'kal, SG-1 never travels to the planet where Daniel Jackson is overwhelmed and killed by alien warriors in the alternate timeline.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Fall of Dakara
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Due to the continued existence of all of SG-1's members and Admiral Kitel, the Alliance war machine is able to successfully repel the Der'kal time and again from Dakara, and the Jaffa stronghold is never conquered as it is meant to be.

Event (Primary Timeline): Search for Pandora's Box
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Search for Pandora's Box
                      Success or Failure?: Neutral. Jonas provided no information that greatly aided the search for the mythical Lantean superweapon, though Earth was eventually able to locate and secure the device, unlike the alternate ISGC, which never managed to find it.

Event (Primary Timeline): Aschen Confederation joins the war on the side of the Der'kal
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Aschen Confederation joins the war on the side of the Der'kal
                      Success or Failure?: Failure. Even though Jonas warned the team that the Aschen would eventually begin fighting the Alliance and capturing undefended human worlds, they were unable to stop the Confederation's actions, and they ended up joining the Der'kal Empire sometime after the Fall of Earth.

Event (Primary Timeline): Return of Vala Mal Doran and her new allies
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Return of Vala Mal Doran and her new allies
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Again, Jonas doesn't seem to have impacted this at all, but he likely gave the Prime timeline's Vala the idea of reorganizing what remained of the Lucian Alliance into an effective fighting force that could continue to assist in the battle against the Der'kal.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Death of Vala Mal Doran
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Because she did not leave SG-1 as early as she did in the alternate timeline, she was not present at the battle that killed her counterpart in Jonas's version of the galaxy.

Event (Primary Timeline): Der'kal introduction of interdiction technology
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Der'kal introduction of interdiction technology
                      Success or Failure?: Failure. Although he warned Earth about this experimental and highly-effective technology, the Alliance was surprised and helpless against it when it was finally put into play by the Der'kal, and many Milky Way fleets were decimated by its effects, allowing the aliens to yank ships out of hyperspace whenever they came near.

Event (Primary Timeline): Construction of the X-305 Jupiter
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Development and construction of the X-305 Jupiter
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Five years in the future, Earth has poured all its resources and advancements into one ultimate warship; the Jupiter, a vessel with capabilities far beyond those of the BC-303 or DSC-304 classes. It is capable of holding out against multiple Der'kal cruisers by itself, and although it is destroyed in the alternate timeline's Battle of Earth, it survives in the Prime timeline to become Samantha Carter's flagship and an instrumental part in the effort to retake humanity's homeworld. It should be noted that it is thanks to Jonas's schematics from the future that the ship is conceived of in the Prime reality at all.

Event (Primary Timeline): Fall of Earth
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Fall of Earth
                      Success or Failure?: Failure. Of course, Earth inevitably falls to a massive Der'kal war fleet consisting of hundreds of vessels when it sets out. In both cases, important and necessary human officials are evacuated to the Nueva colony before the attack begins, though the small refuge is conquered as well regardless. One of the differences in the two battles, however, is when they take place; the alternate one is set five years before the Prime one, allowing for the development of the X-305 Jupiter.

Event (Alternate Timeline): Deaths of Col. Samantha Carter and Jaffa Chancellor Teal'c
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Though Teal'c would be gravely wounded on Dakara while the Battle of Earth was taking place, he does not die aboard the Jupiter with Samantha Carter, and both of them, as well as the ship, live to see another day.

Event (Primary Timeline): Der'kal attempts to conquer Dar Eshkalon
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Conquest of Dar Eshkalon
                      Success or Failure?: Success. With the Tau'ri continuing to fight the Der'kal and the Alliance significantly stronger than it was meant to be, the alien armada is incapable of conquering Dar Eshkalon, and the core of the interstellar federation is never breached. Instead, the Allies are able to counterattack into Aschen and Der'kal space, scoring victories where they never should have been able to.

Event (Primary Timeline): Relocation of the Tau'ri refugees to the Beta Site
                      Event (Alternate Timeline): Relocation of the Tau'ri refugees to the Alpha Site
                      Success or Failure?: Success. After Earth was conquered by the Der'kal, the refugees of the alternate timeline fled to the close-to-the-enemy Alpha Site, and were subsequently overrun and destroyed as Jonas attempted to travel to the past. In the Prime timeline, they instead moved to the safety of the Beta Site, established a government-in-exile known as the "Free People of Earth," and fought a guerrilla war against the aliens for a year and a half until they finally retook their homeworld.

Event (Alternate Timeline): "Project Timeline"
                      Success or Failure?: Success. Samantha Carter and Jonas Quinn's alternate reality project to rewrite history was a success, and many of the events that led to the extermination of the Tau'ri and the fall of the Alliance have been averted, though its victory in the war is not entirely guaranteed, as many new challenges have arisen to fill in the gaps.
                      Last edited by s09119; 16 June 2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Interesting. I had forgotten that you had killed off Walter. Sad I know, but true.

It appears that we have the upper hand now thanks to the alternate timeline with Jonas and such. I must wonder how much of this you did in fact planned out.
                        Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                        sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

One thing I like about you is that not only you do the stories but you expand on it. Like That timeline and the tech advancement and galaxey maps. Oh and about the story great eisode, it was time for the box to be destroyed it clamed the life of the best person ever
                          This isn't Atlantis?
                          I don't think so.
                          If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Nice post S09

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
                              Interesting. I had forgotten that you had killed off Walter. Sad I know, but true.

It appears that we have the upper hand now thanks to the alternate timeline with Jonas and such. I must wonder how much of this you did in fact planned out.
                              Most of it was all planned out from the get-go. I make very little of it up on the spot, to be honest.

Comment

Good post s09!
                                And shouldn't we begin building new ships?
                                If we melt a few 303s and 304s, we could build another 305.
                                But that is not very smart now, is it?
                                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working...
                                X