No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black holes with an accretion disk are visible: this one wouldn't have one.

And "right next to" is a relative term. My point was that it obviously wouldn't affect the ships coming through, otherwise having a Supergate would be pointless.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      Black holes with an accretion disk are visible: this one wouldn't have one.

And "right next to" is a relative term. My point was that it obviously wouldn't affect the ships coming through, otherwise having a Supergate would be pointless.
      Every black hole we've ever seen in the show has an accretion disk... why wouldn't this one?
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Every black hole we've ever seen in the show has an accretion disk... why wouldn't this one?
        The episode was $25.34 over budget and they couldn't afford one.

Comment

The state of the galaxy as of the episode "Desperate Times":
          wow the Heliopolis is really in trouble and so is Langara. Also the maps are getting really complicated now

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

It's a micro-singularity, that means it's much smaller than a normal black hole.
            sigpic

Comment

and an acretion disk forms when matter is sucked in. even on a scale of a solar system, it might very well take years before it forms one

Comment

Yup.
                And check out my new thread "attak of the ori"!
                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  and an acretion disk forms when matter is sucked in. even on a scale of a solar system, it might very well take years before it forms one
                  The one seen in "New Order, Part 2" (or was it Part 1?) had an accretion disk, and Thor had just collapsed that star into a black hole a short time before.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Again, micro-singularity. The singularity (or black hole) powering the supergate used to be a planet, not a star like a normal black hole.
                    sigpic

Comment

I would like it noted that the episode list on the first post has been updated with a new title After the posting of each episode from "Pride Before the Fall" to "The Ragged Edge," one of the final titles of Season 15 will be added, as well.

Comment

Great! [ATTACH]8565[/ATTACH]
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, great!
                          And s09, could you check out my thread "Attack of the ori"?
                          Link on my sig.
                          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Great!
                            I wonder what their about. Apocalypto sound pretty cool.

Comment

sounds great
                              sigpic

Comment

Also, when the time comes to post a preview for "Pyrrhus," there won't be one; the preview for "Pride Before the Fall" is sort of the first-look at the two-parter in general, so that's all the information you're going to get on both episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X