No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I gather Earth isn't even remotely close to the most powerful force in the galaxy. We've just been lucky, for the most part. This isn't like the Ori invasion. An ordinary Ha'tak can destroy a Der'kal Cruiser. Of course, it usually takes more than one, but that's beside the point. And they'd most likely would have lost in an all-out battle against the entire Alliance fleet.

An early attack on Earth would have been a huge gamble with small chances of success in the long run. At best, it would have been another Pearl Harbour (the Japanese ships that were sunk at Midway were sunk by fighters from the same ships that were out at sea when the Japanese attacked and therefore escaped destruction that day).

Comment

I know carter was a colonel in the end of SGA and if my memory is not faulty so do Mitchel in the end of SG-1 or was he a Lt. Colonel?
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Sorry for the obscene delay/silence... I came home Friday night to find my comptuer dead, and I still don't have one (I'm on a friend's laptop right now). So until I get my PC fixed so I can access the stuff I've written, just hold tight...

Now, onto fun stuff like questions and the like:

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
        From what I gather Earth isn't even remotely close to the most powerful force in the galaxy. We've just been lucky, for the most part. This isn't like the Ori invasion. An ordinary Ha'tak can destroy a Der'kal Cruiser. Of course, it usually takes more than one, but that's beside the point. And they'd most likely would have lost in an all-out battle against the entire Alliance fleet.
        That's actually incorrect. A standard ha'tak cannot go one-on-one with a Der'kal cruiser and win, not without some insane luck. A Hak'tyl-class mothership like the one Admiral Kitel uses as a flagship... now that could do it, sure. But not a regular pyramid ship, not by a long-shot.

An early attack on Earth would have been a huge gamble with small chances of success in the long run. At best, it would have been another Pearl Harbour (the Japanese ships that were sunk at Midway were sunk by fighters from the same ships that were out at sea when the Japanese attacked and therefore escaped destruction that day).
        Regardless, the Der'kal waited as long as they did simply to make things easier; with the sheer number of ships at their disposal, losing a few here or there to Earth wasn't really a big deal. Watching the opertune moment to strike, when the Alliance and Tau'ri alike were divided and a portion of Earth's fleet had just been destroyed... to the Der'kal, that was worth waiting for.

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
        I know carter was a colonel in the end of SGA and if my memory is not faulty so do Mitchel in the end of SG-1 or was he a Lt. Colonel?
        Mitchell's rank has always been that of Lt. Colonel. He never made it to Colonel, as far as I'm aware.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

That sucks about you pc i hate it when this sort of stuff happens. I love your SG1 Continuation and i look forward to the next part thanks for filling the gap between Atlantis and Universe
          keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            Sorry for the obscene delay/silence... I came home Friday night to find my comptuer dead, and I still don't have one (I'm on a friend's laptop right now). So until I get my PC fixed so I can access the stuff I've written, just hold tight...
            Ow, I feel your pain. I hate it when computers do stuff like that to me. Hopefully it is a minor problem and can be fixed quickly. Holding tight until further orders.

Dr. Daedalus
            God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
            Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

That's actually incorrect. A standard ha'tak cannot go one-on-one with a Der'kal cruiser and win, not without some insane luck. A Hak'tyl-class mothership like the one Admiral Kitel uses as a flagship... now that could do it, sure. But not a regular pyramid ship, not by a long-shot.
              Well, I did say that it usually takes more than one, didn't I? My point was that with the Ori Cruisers you wouldn't be able to destroy them even if you had all the Ha'tak in the galaxy, while with a Der'kal Cruiser you can take it down with ordinary Ha'tak (though you'll need a lot).

Comment

Oh man. Computer problems. Call Geek Squad!!! lol

That is why I use a Macbook man. Doesn't crap out on me at all.
                Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Not all of us can afford that glorious brand.
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                    Not all of us can afford that glorious brand.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Haha. okay true. But I saved my ass off for one, haven't had to bother with it getting fixed.

Also, don't wanna turn this into a Mac vs. PC debate!

lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                      sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

McCay has spoken---->http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dwjZhn06o1w
                        This isn't Atlantis?
                        I don't think so.
                        If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

See, the great McKay has spoken!

sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Good news! My computer will be fixed by Monday at the latest!
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Hallelujah!!!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Excellent News. Glad to hear it.

sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X