Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    ...I'd really rather no one edit it except me. I didn't want it to be revealed that I was working on it just yet as I tried to make clear to people but it got posted anyway. The various codes for creating boxes and such aren't fully in place so it doesn't look as nice as I'd like and there's still a lot to fill in. To be honest I really just didn't want people know about it for a few months, but no helping that now...
    Sure if we all helped the it would give you more time to concentrate on the series.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
      Sure if we all helped the it would give you more time to concentrate on the series.
      Quality control mate, he doesn't trust us to do a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Quality control mate, he doesn't trust us to do a good job.
        In not-so-blunt words... yes. I've had experience with wikis before, and letting people who think they know the stuff enter information ended... badly. I just found myself spending extra hours going back and fixing the incorrect stuff people wrote, so I'd rather just do it myself this time. It's nothing personal, and believe me, I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          In not-so-blunt words... yes. I've had experience with wikis before, and letting people who think they know the stuff enter information ended... badly. I just found myself spending extra hours going back and fixing the incorrect stuff people wrote, so I'd rather just do it myself this time. It's nothing personal, and believe me, I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.
          Hey, no offense taken mate. Group work is always a drag on produciity and quality, basic fact.

Comment

wow, this is just ... wow!
            in about a week orso I read all your episodes and they are just amazing.
            The way everything turned out (stargate program made public, earth destroyed ...), isn't exactly the way I would have liked it to have seen, but that doesn't take away it's very good.

As you stated in your very first episodes, you would grow and grow you did.
            The first season I didn't really like the fact that there were constantly heavy fights going on and that everytime SG1 would somehow defeat tons of enemies on their own. But as "your show" progressed, you started writing like a true showwriter and started making several more relaxing episodes.

I however do have some regards concerning your Stargate universe and that of the tvshow. I don't know if you did it on purpose or not, it doesn't really matter anyway, but they kinda bother me:
            -Afaik Mitchell was given command over SG1, not Carter. They also couldn't pull ranks on eachother as they both were the same rank.
            -I find your twist to the personalities rather weird and unfortunately I prefer their "real" presonalities. You made for instance all the characters cry more than they ever did on the real show and now they all look like emotional wrecks who can't handle a single thing.
            -What also bothers me is the sudden knowledge all the SG1-members have. All of them (even Vala) suddenly seem like scientist and know way too much about any kind of technology. Vala suddenly turned into a Daniel-clone and knows a lot of ethical and political dillema's, is the mother of comfort, and agree's with almost immeadiatly if someone says she can't do something (like eating in the control room), while Daniel himself turned into a fullgrown marine.
            -Ok, again the personalities, this the last time: where did cam's "this is gonna be cool"-attitude gone to? where did Vala's "Hiya muscles" and "oeh, what's this button for?"-attitude go? she only has one moment where you briefly mention "muscles". And why isn't carter no longer giving explanations nobody understands and that have to be dumbed down?
            -One of the things I really miss the most: Where's Jack's humor and coolness? Not once you have let hem be the Jack we no.
            -I got the impression you aren't really a fan of Stargate Atlantis, as you make McKay look like an even bigger coward than he is! (He would have jumped out of that window as he wouldn't like being captured either).
            -Tok'ra-symbiots aren't inplanted in the back of your neck, but through the mounth.
            -You are clearly also a Battlestar Galactica fan, as you refer to "Jumps". Wich also causes you to something make a Hyperspace jump seem as far as FTL jumps. (e.g. a tactic used by earth vessels is to "jump" away and then "jump" back. wich gives the impression that a jump of a few seconds is a whole distance at once).
            -While being in hyperspace, you can't do scans like Janus did. You are in hyperspace and so you can't interact with normal space untill you drop out of hyperspace.

And I've also got some questions of things that aren't really clear:
            -Beforehand, you stated Carter didn't command Atlantis, but in some episode (forgot wich one) you clearly hint that at some point, she in fact did command Atlantis.
            -Afaik symbiots can spread poison in their hosts body, wich also mean, they couldn't have forced the Tok'ra on her as she simply would have spread a poison killing both of them.
            -If carter had full control of the furlings' fleet, then why didn't she simply order them to all jump to hyperspace and head back?
            -I don't see why the Der'kal could attack earth sooner? It is clear they don't have to recharge like the Wraith do, so why can't they just travel in hyperspace to earth without taking surrounding systems, as many systemlords already did that? This seems to be a mixup between SG and BSG (Hyperspace travel <-> FTL Jumps).
            -And you made Carter actually look stupid by saying Jason was the one behind all of her great ideas, not carter herself...

These may be a lot of points, but I DO like your writing (eventhough it's a little bit too negative to my liking).

I do have one request for future episodes: please don't turn it into a BSG-copy.
            You clearly are a fan of that too and unfortunately the fall of earth resembles rather much the fall of New Dakara. The last 2 episodes already look a lot like how BSG went:
            Ships forced to abandon the planet, Fleet commander saying they will return and to never give up hope, attemps on the lifes of the leaders, rough voice of their military leader (Carter & Adama), a high ranked pilot who survived the exodus and is forced to find a way back to his people (Cameron <-> Helo) etc.
            I too am a fan of BSG, but going down this path with your storyline would really ruin it.

Comment

Aha! That's it, I knew something was buging me about the personalities. It's like somebody sudenly gave the cast an emo injection.

Jumps on the other hand aren't references to BSG, as I'm pretty sure thay've been refered to as such in the actual show.

Comment

well, i didn't really mean the word "jump", but the way it's used. Something about it makes me think more of BSG than of stargate. Can't really explain it...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCainer View Post
                  well, i didn't really mean the word "jump", but the way it's used. Something about it makes me think more of BSG than of stargate. Can't really explain it...
                  ... Not sure whatyou mean, most of the SG community has been using jump to refer to hyperspace transitions for quite some time.

Comment

"-Beforehand, you stated Carter didn't command Atlantis, but in some episode (forgot wich one) you clearly hint that at some point, she in fact did command Atlantis."
                    "Samantha Carter is not commander of Atlantis in Season 12; it is assumed that someone else takes command."
                    This was written before we all knew that Woolesy (spelling) became commanded of Atlantis in S5 (which would be S12 in SG1). It was never said that Carter didnt command Atlantis.

Afaik Mitchell was given command over SG1, not Carter. They also couldn't pull ranks on eachother as they both were the same rank.
                    Plus the whole rank thing. Yes in SGA S9/S10 they were the same rank, but as shown in SGA S4 Carter was promoted to Colonel (once again spelling?), would have happened approximately S11 SG1, so yes Carter is now the ranking officer, and not equal with Mitchel.

-While being in hyperspace, you can't do scans like Janus did. You are in hyperspace and so you can't interact with normal space untill you drop out of hyperspace.
                    He is an Ancient, how had massively upgraded. We only know that you can't that. They might? Plus this is a fandom. The author has already said that he altered some stuff to fit his/her contiunation of SG1, so no matter how much we like it, it won't be perfect.

Comment

Aha! That's it, I knew something was buging me about the personalities. It's like somebody sudenly gave the cast an emo injection.
                      All out war has that effect on people.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Sounds really good!

Be sure to check out Stargate: Amphitrite also:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63593

Comment

Why does that wiki remind me of something? I can't put my finger on it...
                          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

-I don't see why the Der'kal could attack earth sooner? It is clear they don't have to recharge like the Wraith do, so why can't they just travel in hyperspace to earth without taking surrounding systems, as many systemlords already did that? This seems to be a mixup between SG and BSG (Hyperspace travel <-> FTL Jumps).
                            Starting a two-front war is one of the gravest of military mistakes. Who knows how many fronts they would have created if they had jumped back and forwards like the Ori did? The Ori could afford it because their ships were indestructable (at least until we got the new Asgard plasma-beams). The Der'kal ships are not indestructable. Despite their numbers, they would have been overwhelmed. Planets already conquered would have been quickly retaken by the Alliance as the bulk of their forces would have moved on, and they would have been forced to return to those planets. Safe to say, they would have suffered a slow death.

EDIT: I've corrected the typo in my post.
                            Last edited by Aewon; 26 January 2009, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                              Starting a two-front war is one of the gravest of military mistakes. Who knows how many fronts they would have created if they had jumped back and forwards like the Ori did? The Ori could afford it because their ships were indestructable (at least until we got the new Asgard plasma-beams). The Der'kal ships are not indestructable. Despite their numbers, they would have been overwhelmed. Planets already concured would have been quickly retaken by the Alliance as the bulk of their forces would have moved on, and they would have been forced to return to those planets. Safe to say, they would have suffered a slow death.
                              I dissagree, the der'Kal could have overwhelmed and destroyed Earth's infrastructure compeatly, thus elimination one of the most populated and industrialy caable planets in the MW, then reatreated to their battle lines.

Comment

I dissagree, the der'Kal could have overwhelmed and destroyed Earth's infrastructure compeatly, thus elimination one of the most populated and industrialy caable planets in the MW, then reatreated to their battle lines.
                                I agree with Tom. The derkal could have simply taken even half their fleet and overwhelmed earth, laid waste to the actual planet, and went back to their other war front, eliminating their most powerful opponent and turning the tide of the war completely in their favor.
                                sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Working...
                                X