No announcement yet.

FanFiction.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any experience with reporting signed reviews to get them deleted/edited? I want one of my own reviews on someone's else her fic deleted 'cause it has my official e-mail address in it. I could slap myself for the stupidity of leaving that e-mail address there at the time, but it gets even worse now 'cause I nor the author of the story seem to be able to remove or edit it.

I tried reporting it (the review) several times. I tried e-mailing them. I tried reporting it again. E-mailed support and abuse again. No response or any action being taken...

We've tried deleting the chapter (not replacing it, actually deleting the second chapter, out of the total four) and then adding a new chapter and moving it to the same/second spot. That didn't work. The reviews stayed intact. Strange I know.

I think we've tried anything sort of deleting the fic entirely...

I could really use some suggestions/help.
    Thanks!!

- Jasper

P.S. If anyone would think that they need multiple reports for the same review before they go look at it? Do they need that? Then would anyone willing to help me, and report it, PM me? Then I could PM you the link. For obvious reasons I won't go posting the link here to something I want to disappear.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I reported one really flame-y, language filled review on one of my fics. Nothing happened. So I reported it a few more times. Then a reader and I were talking, and she mentioned it, and I told her about the lack of action and asked her to report it, too. I thought maybe that would help. I'm fairly certain she did, but whether that had any effect I don't know. The review was eventually removed, but I don't recall how long it took.

I think the volume of email and correspondence ff.net gets must be huge, and I have no idea how many people administer the site. Surely not enough, though. They never seem to respond to anything, but in my experience do eventually get around to stuff.

Good luck.

Oh, and if you think other people reporting will help, tell me the fic and which chapter the review's on and I'll lend the weight of my reporting might. EDIT: Do'h.. off to PM; I didn't see your PS.

Comment

if it bugs you that much, do you still have the document in the folder? saved on the site? if so, just save your reviews for what you have, delete it and start over. that's probably the fastest way to get rid of the comment
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          Does anyone have any experience with reporting signed reviews to get them deleted/edited? I want one of my own reviews on someone's else her fic deleted 'cause it has my official e-mail address in it. I could slap myself for the stupidity of leaving that e-mail address there at the time, but it gets even worse now 'cause I nor the author of the story seem to be able to remove or edit it.

I tried reporting it (the review) several times. I tried e-mailing them. I tried reporting it again. E-mailed support and abuse again. No response or any action being taken...

We've tried deleting the chapter (not replacing it, actually deleting the second chapter, out of the total four) and then adding a new chapter and moving it to the same/second spot. That didn't work. The reviews stayed intact. Strange I know.

I think we've tried anything sort of deleting the fic entirely...

I could really use some suggestions/help.
          Thanks!!

- Jasper

P.S. If anyone would think that they need multiple reports for the same review before they go look at it? Do they need that? Then would anyone willing to help me, and report it, PM me? Then I could PM you the link. For obvious reasons I won't go posting the link here to something I want to disappear.
          there is a way to do this, Far as i've seen at least, go to your control panel whilest looged into ff.net, there is an area under reviews, mostly reviews you've submitted, there should be a remove review button or something there. Unless it is something being worked on.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

That's for unsigned reviews. Reviews left by anonymous users.

Anyways, problem has been solved. The author removed the story for me. She said she was going to re-work it anyways. Review is gone.

Thanks for the help, though.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Working...
            X