FanFiction.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FanFiction.net

Anyone else having trouble posting on there today or is it just me? .
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

It appears to be having more of its frequent (or should that be constant?) troubles.

If your problem is that the document uploader isn't working, the quick way around the problem is to go to your list of stories and export a chapter that you've already posted (this puts it back into the document manager so you can edit it). You can then edit the document and cut and paste the new chapter you want to upload over the content of the doc, save changes and add it as a new chapter in the normal way.
    Last edited by Alipeeps; 11 April 2007, 03:07 PM. Reason: Rogue apostrophe attack...
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, I've been having trouble too. It won't let me upload my document. grrrrrrrrr
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        It appears to be having more of its frequent (or should that be constant?) troubles.

If your problem is that the document uploader isn't working, the quick way around the problem is to go to your list of stories and export a chapter that you've already posted (this puts it back into the document manager so you can edit it). You can then edit the document and cut and paste the new chapter you want to upload over the content of the doc, save changes and add it as a new chapter in the normal way.
        Thanks it worked a treat .
        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I'll try that too! thanks
          sigpic

Comment

and it worked!!! yay!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Does this work for adding a new story or just a new chapter, sorry a bit confused here

ETA: Thanks, I got it
              Last edited by Mandysg1; 12 April 2007, 04:22 PM.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Does this work for adding a new story or just a new chapter, sorry a bit confused here

ETA: Thanks, I got it
                Either. It's just a way of getting around the fact that the document uploader is not working and not letting you add new documents.
                sigpic

Comment

Either. It's just a way of getting around the fact that the document uploader is not working and not letting you add new documents.
                  Thanks so much for your help. A friend directed me to your post and of course it worked like a charm!

Comment

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread rather than starting a new one...

Does anyone know why ff.net has been down for over 48 hrs now? Will it ever come back online? I've only been going on there since last July so has this ever happened before?

Whenever I try to log in it says
                    Login/submission area is currently inaccessible due to a technical glitch. We apologize for the brief inconvenience. Please come back in a few minutes.
                    Although I've been able to log in a few times, it won't let you do anything and a couple of clicks later, the message appears again
                    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

I've been having that same problem today, too, Varda. I can't log in or even review anything.
                      sigpic
                      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                      I'm a 60%er!
                      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Same issue here. I haven't been able to log in since last night. It's not an uncommon problem for ff.net, but it is unusual that it has persisted for so long now. I had to laugh when I tried again not too long ago and actaully read the message - "brief inconvenience."

I'm sure they'll be back up... eventually.

Comment

It is working intermittently - if you're patient and keep hitting the refresh button. And occasionally people seem to able to add new story alerts or favourite things given I'm still getting one or two alerts through.

Having said that I still haven't managed to get a document loaded without it falling over with the 'login/submission...' error message.

*sighs*

They usually fix this stuff quite quickly but it has been over 48 hours now.
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

i've been trying to login since Sunday and it's still bust
                            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                            sigpic

Comment

Still down! since 6am Sunday (UK time)...

That's over 2 days maybe the admin guys are on holiday and haven't noticed yet
                              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Working...
                              X