This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    Well that might be an issue then eh...Well I think we just have to look when Myrth is done and then switch a bit now and then on who writes... Maybe from now on it might be good that everyone is ready to write whenever... So everyone is on deck

so we know who still has to write:

*Myrth

*L.A.Doyle & Samcarterrules

*Chelle db & RepliCartertje

*Poz

*Mini

Sounds tha good to everyone? I think for LAD and Samcarterrules that is ok right... I don't think Chelle having issues writing with me but I mailed her about it and if she does have issues with it...I am willing to write with everyone who wants me to write with them
    Sounds like you guys have it all under control. It would be ashame for not everyone to get to participate, so the buddy system Eve listed might be just the way to go.

I totally understand Mini's weekend issues, since she will have a house full of Samandans. Speaking of which, you do plan to give us an update after TVM, right? Many of us will be waiting on line for you and the motley crew at your house to give us a report.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      I don't know if that's a good idea Sky. I think we need some organization and unless one of 'us' steps in and does it, we may have a problem. It's not a matter of responsible, I think it's a matter of direction. Realize you don't want to stick in, but I think it'd be helpful if ya did.
      i don't want to tell anyone what to do. Nor do i want to say 'too bad, so sad, took too long and you can't write'

I'm very happy to crack the whip but i was just thinking that while fokls are working it out, you don't need an extra cook in the kitchen.

I'll give you guys a couple of days to make the decisions you need to make, then we'll need the answers and then i'll get back to noodling the deliquent.

I don't thin we've had enough time for all the involved parties to be online and weigh in yet
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OK well - I can go next (after Myrth) if necessary, if LAD wants. If that helps.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I don't understand why this particular deadline is so important that writers are being asked to completely rearrange how they write (ie, collaborate) or curtail what they write (word count)to meet it. Isn't it a rather arbitrary date? I know the goal was to have it done by Easter, but wasn't that date picked because it seemed to be a memorable?

In other words, why is the deadline more important than the writers?

(Somehow, I doubt that's what Amanda would suggest.)

I'm glad my part is written. I wish the rest of you luck.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just got caught up with the with the story, its fantastic some great writers in Samanda eh I hope I can do as good as everyone else LAD I hope your ready for a challenge LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              I don't understand why this particular deadline is so important that writers are being asked to completely rearrange how they write (ie, collaborate) or curtail what they write (word count)to meet it. Isn't it a rather arbitrary date? I know the goal was to have it done by Easter, but wasn't that date picked because it seemed to be a memorable?

In other words, why is the deadline more important than the writers?

(Somehow, I doubt that's what Amanda would suggest.)

I'm glad my part is written. I wish the rest of you luck.
              Thank you!! I was thinking the same.. Most have had days and the last two Julia and Kamil, will have weeks to write. I hate to sound childish but it doesn't seem fair to push and rush the last few folks. I also busy this weekend, working overtime Saturday and I have a Shore Leave meeting on Sunday so my time would be limited too..not to mention I've never written a serious fic in my life. It doesn't mean I wouldn't like a stab at it though.
              Can't the timeline be pushed up a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                Thank you!! I was thinking the same.. Most have had days and the last two Julia and Kamil, will have weeks to write. I hate to sound childish but it doesn't seem fair to push and rush the last few folks. I also busy this weekend, working overtime Saturday and I have a Shore Leave meeting on Sunday so my time would be limited too..not to mention I've never written a serious fic in my life. It doesn't mean I wouldn't like a stab at it though.

When Kamil and I first discussed setting up a story which Amanda's fans could contribute to as a gift to her, back in November, we set a deadline in our heads of getting it to Amanda for Easter. This might seem "arbitrary" to some, but nevertheless it is the time we chose. We did not know how many people would contribute. In fact we thought we might have to write more than one part of the story to keep it flowing. It's wonderful that so many authors want to have a stab at it and it's moved along nicely.

I do not think it is fair to say that Kamil and I will have weeks in which to write the two final parts. In fact, given the deadline we have set, I will have one to two days maximum to write my part and Kamil will have the same. I will then have to completely betaread the story from start to finish, looking for plot holes and inconsistencies, enlisting a kind Samandan (who has already offered) to help to check simply for European/USA grammatical inconsistencies. I will then have to get it printed into a book format, have the cover sent to me (the artwork for which is being sent by 15th March by the two lovely Samandans doing it) have that made up into a cover format and then get it bound. I then have to get it across the pond to Amanda. All before Easter. The deadline set at the outset.

We are not at the 1st of March yet. The deadline for the last few story parts is 8th March give or take a day. That's 9 to 10 days time.

I too have commitments, work from 7 am to 7pm every day and often attend evening meetings, and then work all evening at home, and I am away for a few weekends over the coming weeks. I do understand and empathise with everyone who feel pressurised. It was kind of inevitable, but we had to set a final date. If you write for a publisher they set an end date and you have to stick to it. We have to stick to it or it will just drift on and on and on.

Whether people think "Easter" is an arbitrary date or not, it is the one which has been chosen and it will be Amanda's Easter gift from her fans.

Julia
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

I think it should be... I just feel really bad that five days were kinda wasted just trying to get my story uploaded. Sorry about that. Yeah, if the date is just one that was picked out of thin air, I think it'd be fair if it was pushed back.

ETA: I just saw your post, Julia. I totally understand where you're coming from.
                  Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 27 February 2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Honestly I don't mind the date...We know from the start that we had a deadline...so now we see it comes closer we can all work on it so everyone can write... I think that is the strenght of it...That we work on it together to make sure everyone can write a part if that means colaborating with someone then we just do that...If that means less sleep...I just do that

I think Julia and Kamil have done a great deal with organizing this and making it into a bookform...you both Rock!!!

So the only thing we can do is try...and really try to do or best to have it finished by the 8th of March...Cause Julia and Kamil will both have still a lot to do...So the more time the have the better. And the more it can be beta'ed the better...

So I think the idea behind this project is that we work together. and that is what we are doing...work together to give something to Amanda... I think we succeeded great...And if that now means that the last writers have to hurry a bit. I honestly don't mind. as long as we are all able to write...that is why it is good we discuss it now so everyone can write!!!

And yeah RL can come in the way but that is why everyone is now on deck so that we can see how we can have this done the fastest. And we still have a week for 5 people to write (with Myrth already writing) so if everyone takes a day or 2 we can make this work!!!

And spazzy that isn't your fault...you worked on it as fast as you could...and true we had some issues to get it to Kamil...so that has given us some issues...but I am confident that we still will make it!!!

Comment

Well we can skip my part then, so that someone else can have a chance to write. I can help beta or something, for anyone who wants it. That way there'll be more time.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Well we can skip my part then, so that someone else can have a chance to write. I can help beta or something, for anyone who wants it. That way there'll be more time.
                        Just a thought eh...but maybe you can work together with Poz?? then the both of you can write...Cause I would feel bad if not everyone could write in the end especially if we all signed up...that is of course if poz wouldn't mind...

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                          When Kamil and I first discussed setting up a story which Amanda's fans could contribute to as a gift to her, back in November, we set a deadline in our heads of getting it to Amanda for Easter. This might seem "arbitrary" to some, but nevertheless it is the time we chose. We did not know how many people would contribute. In fact we thought we might have to write more than one part of the story to keep it flowing. It's wonderful that so many authors want to have a stab at it and it's moved along nicely.

I do not think it is fair to say that Kamil and I will have weeks in which to write the two final parts. In fact, given the deadline we have set, I will have one to two days maximum to write my part and Kamil will have the same. I will then have to completely betaread the story from start to finish, looking for plot holes and inconsistencies, enlisting a kind Samandan (who has already offered) to help to check simply for European/USA grammatical inconsistencies. I will then have to get it printed into a book format, have the cover sent to me (the artwork for which is being sent by 15th March by the two lovely Samandans doing it) have that made up into a cover format and then get it bound. I then have to get it across the pond to Amanda. All before Easter. The deadline set at the outset.

We are not at the 1st of March yet. The deadline for the last few story parts is 8th March give or take a day. That's 9 to 10 days time.

I too have commitments, work from 7 am to 7pm every day and often attend evening meetings, and then work all evening at home, and I am away for a few weekends over the coming weeks. I do understand and empathise with everyone who feel pressurised. It was kind of inevitable, but we had to set a final date. If you write for a publisher they set an end date and you have to stick to it. We have to stick to it or it will just drift on and on and on.

Whether people think "Easter" is an arbitrary date or not, it is the one which has been chosen and it will be Amanda's Easter gift from her fans.

Julia
                          Point taken and I completely understand now. Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

I'm awaiting word from Deejay to see if she is still up to helping me with my part, as was planned. If not, I'll be withdrawing to make room for the experienced and more important, faster writers out there.

Comment

I'm awaiting word from Deejay to see if she is still up to helping me with my part, as was planned. If not, I'll be withdrawing to make room for the experienced and more important, faster writers out there.
                              Ok, I just heard from Deej. As we all know she's a bit tired so it's a no go but I'm holding you to your promise Deejay that we'll write one together in the future!!

....and so... I sadly withdrawl my spot to help meet that timeline.

Comment

Before folks go withdrawing, let's see how things go. We've had folks write thier parts in a day and i seem to recall a couple of times when folks got thier stuff done in half that.

I know that it seems daunting, yet it is just 1000 words, and can even be less than that. We DO have until the 8th, or close to it since March 8th lasts about 2 days once you take all those pesky time zones into consideration.

I will say, however, that the deadline has been on the first post of this thread since this project began. I knew from the get go that Julia and Kamil wanted it for Easter. I set the original deadline of Valentine's because i also know people. Without a near and impending deadline, people procrastinate. If i had left it as March 8th from the beginning, we would likely be less than half done. I set the original Valentine's Day deadline knowing that it would be moved to March.

But we also explained that Julia and Kamil - who is also a fic virgin by the way - would have less than a month to write thier parts, beta it, do any/coordinate any graphics, design the web page and all that for an Easter unveiling.

A month may sound like a long time, but once you factor in real life, jobs, commitments, etc, it's really not all that long.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X