This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have more questions.

Is there a place where I can read Carter's entire backstory without having to watch every episode (no time)?

also, are there any schematics, so to speak, for SGC? in other words, do the doors open with key cards or keys? do the cells have windowed doors (I thought they did in season 1 but can't remember now).

that's it for now. thanks for any help.

Comment

They usually use those cells from the ep with Ba'al and Ka'lek now, they have a sliding metal thick door and are pretty large, about 10x10m with a table and 1 chair in the middle, one view windows on top. They're kinda like those medical isolation rooms.

For backstories check the omnipedia top of the page

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
        They usually use those cells from the ep with Ba'al and Ka'lek now, they have a sliding metal thick door and are pretty large, about 10x10m with a table and 1 chair in the middle, one view windows on top. They're kinda like those medical isolation rooms.

For backstories check the omnipedia top of the page
        thank you. And I used skydiver's link (is it the omnipedia? maybe?) Anyway, that helped with Carter's backstory.

I've gotten up to 93 pages but the thing is a mess, plus I have someone escaping a cell who really shouldn't be able to...

Comment

just hang a lantern on it and it'll be fine

my compendium is different from darren's omnipedia, but i think both are decent sources of info. darren and david go into a bit more detail than i do. my compendium started more as a tool for me to keep track of stuff when i wrote fic
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
            I have more questions.

Is there a place where I can read Carter's entire backstory without having to watch every episode (no time)?

also, are there any schematics, so to speak, for SGC? in other words, do the doors open with key cards or keys? do the cells have windowed doors (I thought they did in season 1 but can't remember now).

that's it for now. thanks for any help.
            there is no real blue print beyond what's on what level. doors opening wiht keycard vs real keys is often a prop thing that is sometimes inconsistent

there are open frame cells...cage in a room, detention cells that have one tiny window in the door adn the larger observation room type.

the inconsistency is likely tracable to the director's mood at the time

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              just hang a lantern on it and it'll be fine

my compendium is different from darren's omnipedia, but i think both are decent sources of info. darren and david go into a bit more detail than i do. my compendium started more as a tool for me to keep track of stuff when i wrote fic
              I think it was your site that I used to discover that Carter had wanted to be an astronaut. I had no idea, but it came up in the scene with Crichton's dad--then I checked and thought--cool, that sort of fell into place.

If you're ok with it, I may send you some pieces? Or post them at my LJ for you to read.

I don't know.

Oh, about the hanging the lantern thing? Yeah, that definitely came to mind (and I think I did it).
              Last edited by esoap524; 09 December 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

send away.

I'd love to read it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  send away.

I'd love to read it
                  It's coming your way in its regular form, which means it started out as a Farscape story that was finished, morphed into a crossover and the "prologue" will either end up gone or a dream (maybe) or something in that area.

I haven't decided yet.

and it's not finished but I'd appreciate your opinion from the SG POV. and I'm not sure where it's going, either, but that's the way I write. No plan, just vague notions.

Comment

Working...
                  X