Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive got a question, i was thinking about starting a stargate campfire story (one person starts, the next continues and people just keep adding a line or two) and i was wondering if fan fic would be a good place for it (since it soes concern a story)
    sigpic

Comment

we've written some pretty good round robins here in the past
      Start a new thread for it
      but set out rules right from the start so everyone knows what is what (but not too many)

also we have found it useful to have a thread where people post the fic, and then a separate thread for the discussion that comes with it

good luch!
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Hey there. I'm in the middle of writing a story about Daniel, and I would like to post it here. You said to put it into the archives. How do I do that?
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

well, our archives have been broken for quite a while. what i would suggest is to check out www.fanfiction.net , get an account (it's free) and post your story there...then post a link back here either in the promote your fic thread or you can make a thread for it to post announcements of updates
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fugazi View Post
            What a snazzy bureaucratic, "not my department" reply. Beautifully passive-aggressive, yet also completely noninformative.

I don't know who Darren is, and I don't particularly care if you can't be bothered to enlighten me. Seeing I'm in no mood to deal with hostile mods, I'll just assume this isn't something I'm suppose to ask about and go. Thanks, I guess.
            I would like to say for the record that Darren does a very good job, he started this website from stratch and maintains it very well considering the number of poeple registered and the amount of information that comes through this site.

You (Fugazi) are inconsiderate! I would like to thank Darren for maintaining this site, he does a damn good job, not everything in this world is perfect but I am sure that the fanfic loader will get there with time.

Message to Darren- Please keep up the good and appreciated work
            Last edited by John's PuddleJumper; 09 April 2008, 01:40 AM. Reason: I am sorry if this is off topic- but I had to rant at this person
            sigpic
            JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
            Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
            Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
              I would like to say for the record that Darren does a very good job, he started this website from stratch and maintains it very well considering the number of poeple registered and the amount of information that comes through this site.

You (Fugazi) are inconsiderate! I would like to thank Darren for maintaining this site, he does a damn good job, not everything in this world is perfect but I am sure that the fanfic loader will get there with time.

Message to Darren- Please keep up the good and appreciated work
              That comment was posted in 2006.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                That comment was posted in 2006.

Comment

I have a sga fic I would like sga fnas to read and the fanfic uploader is off right now they are working on it can I make a thread for it on here just posting a link to where they can read it?

Harper and Ronon fics
                  The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

that could be against the "fanfic rules"
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

there is, however ,a thread called 'promote your own fic', so that'd be a perfect place for a link to a fic that's archived elsewhere

sigpic

Comment

I wish to add my stories here, but they include minor slash... more like hurt/comfort than romance and such... no R-rated stuff in it... am I allowed to post that here or shouldn't I? The stories are uploaded on Fanfiction.net, so I only need to post a link and I can put up a 'slash warning' or something so that people who don't wish to read it will stay away from it...
                        Great thanks to Luciana for making this really cool banner!!

Spoiler:

Comment

One of the mods will be better able to answer but if you have them up on FF.net it would probably be better to link to your profile rather than the stories, as well as putting up a warning. That way people have to actually look for your stories instead of saying they may have clicked on the link by mistake.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah, that's a rather good advise, thanks

Spoiler:

Comment

i would post the link to the profile, however you can post links to slash, as long as you warn for the pairing just like the het shippers have to warn for the pairing. If it's on ff.net your work should be relatively 'safe' to read in the ratings dept since they don't allow adult fic. And if you have adult stuff there, you're breaking the rules

sigpic

Comment

fanfiction.net not allowing adult stuff? wow, then I have read a LOT of rule breaking fanfic's there O_O;; for as far as I know, they are allowed... jumperbay does not approve that kind of stuff, Wraithbait does, but those two are both moderated and Fanfiction.net isn't for as far as I know ^_^
                                But anyway, it's not really like they're... doing anything... they're just two men having a relationship and trying to fit that in to their daily life on Atlantis.
                                So if that's not a problem, I think I'll post it here ^_^

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X