X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    A question about US police terminology.

What is the US name for the list of crimes a person has committed?

In the UK, it's a charge sheet.
    In proper law English in the US it's a ... charge sheet.

Or...police arrest record, police record, criminal record, blotter, day book, police-blotter and charge sheet.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Fair enough, thanks FH. I just thought that it'd be called something different.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Fair enough, thanks FH. I just thought that it'd be called something different.
        I rather like the term blotter from that list.

Comment

Was flogging ever a thing in the US military?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Was flogging ever a thing in the US military?
            I know it used to be used in the US navy and army (more often in the navy). Can't tell you the extent but enough that it was abolished in 1861.

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

September 1850
              In total for the years 1846–1847, flogging had been administered a reported 5,036 times on sixty naval vessels. At the urging of New Hampshire Senator John P. Hale, the United States Congress banned flogging on all U.S. ships in September 1850, as part of a then-controversial amendment to a naval appropriations bill.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Wow! The US Navy abolished it in 1861?

That's almost thirty years (1888) before it was finally abolished in the British Army.
                sigpic

Comment

Wow! The US Navy abolished it in 1861?

That's almost thirty years (1888) before it was finally abolished in the British Army.
                  US army abolished it in 1861. The US navy abolished it in 1850.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Would Vala know anything about the Wraith?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

[QUOTE=planet_tv;n16722955]Would Vala know anything about the Wraith?[/Q]

Definitely what the rest of SG-1 knows after she joins them. If you are asking, if Vala knew before when she was still host to Qetesh, I wouldn't think so. I would think the Lanteans made sure to bring nothing back with them that would hint of the existence Pegasus to the Milky Way and leave no clues which point the way for the Wraith to come over.

Anubis during his time Ascended might know but The Others blocked him from exploiting it if he did know.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

In the same way that one would respectfully address a Roman Catholic priest as Father, or a Church of England vicar as Reverend, what would be the equivalent for a Jewish Rabbi and a Muslim Cleric?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                          Definitely what the rest of SG-1 knows after she joins them. If you are asking, if Vala knew before when she was still host to Qetesh, I wouldn't think so. I would think the Lanteans made sure to bring nothing back with them that would hint of the existence Pegasus to the Milky Way and leave no clues which point the way for the Wraith to come over.

Anubis during his time Ascended might know but The Others blocked him from exploiting it if he did know.
                          Thanks. I was asking if she knew about them after she joined SG-1 and now I know she does. I thought maybe she did, but I was hoping she didn't. I guess I'll have to come up with something else to write after the Mitchell line I wrote.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

In the same way that one would respectfully address a Roman Catholic priest as Father, or a Church of England vicar as Reverend, what would be the equivalent for a Jewish Rabbi and a Muslim Cleric?
                            Jewish faith --> Rabbi or Rabbi [last name].
                            Islam --> Imam

Comment

A question for those in the trans community.

And if you feel I'm being insulting, or intrusive, or disrespectful in anyway I apologise in advance and I'll respect your wishes if you choose not to answer.

How, if at all, do you refer to your previous self?
                              In the past tense in some way I assume?
                              sigpic

Comment

What does the word Ori mean in Ancient Language? Does the show or any of the writers tell us that? I wonder if I could use the word Ori to mean god or gods

Comment

Working...
                                X