Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it seem logical that Gen. Hammond and/or Gen. Landry would be driven to Cheyenne Mountain in a USAF staff car, rather than drive himself in his own personal vehicle?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

either way i would think. i'm not up on protocol for generals but i dont' know if either of them strikes me as the 'drive me' type
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        either way i would think. i'm not up on protocol for generals but i dont' know if either of them strikes me as the 'drive me' type
        Hmmm - what kind of car would Hammond/Landry drive?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
          Hmmm - what kind of car would Hammond/Landry drive?
          Hammond probably has one of those huge family-tank things with room for his granddaughters' entire bedrooms in the back; either an SUV or a station wagon.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'm thinking about making a fanfic but I'm unsure of how to do one exactly. Do you just post installments to them or do you post them all at once?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
              I'm thinking about making a fanfic but I'm unsure of how to do one exactly. Do you just post installments to them or do you post them all at once?
              That depends on how long it is and where you want to post it. If it's only a couple of pages long, post it all at once. On FanFiction.net, you can post a very long story in chapters – just make sure you save each chapter as a separate document. On GateWorld, you should post it all at once, because the archive doesn't have a chaptering feature, and it's a pain to go hunting down chapters (unless it's a series of shorter stand-alones – those can be posted separately).

Good luck!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Speaking personally, I have an on going SG-1 and Team SG-999 fic running on the SG-999 website - www.sg-999.org.uk - I tend to write a chapter at a time and then send it off to the webmaster.
                sigpic

Comment

When I'm writing, the precise plot of the story undergoes so many changes during the process that I could never post chapters. I get one finished, however long it takes, then send it to the beta.

Comment

What would the word of command be to bring a briefing room of mixed military personnel (Army, Navy Air Force, Marines) to attention when a senior officer enters?
                    sigpic

Comment

What would the word of command be to bring a briefing room of mixed military personnel (Army, Navy Air Force, Marines) to attention when a senior officer enters?
                      Probably depends where they are; you'd use whatever was appropriate for the setting. Actually, people being people you'd probably use whatever the first person to see the CO was used to, so if it were a Naval officer or Marine, probably '...on deck'. Not sure what the Army and AF equivalents are though.

Comment

isn't 'ten-hut' pretty universal?

which is attention kinda warped

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          isn't 'ten-hut' pretty universal?

which is attention kinda warped
                          Well, marching bands had to get it from somewhere... *shrugs*

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

for a clue to what the AF uses, check out chain reaction.

when bauer is coming in to 'meet' the whole command, jack goes 'ten hut' to bring everyone to attention

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm - pretty much what I had in mind, but it's nice to get a second opinion.

I'm writing a new fic, and it's basically following on from "Dsclosure" and "The Fourth Horseman" in that representatives from the armed forces of the UK, France, Russia, China and Israel (cos they're sneaky and are into everything anyway) are granted clearance for Project Stargate.
                              Plus of course I'm including cameos by US military charatcers from a couple of my fave authors.

Working title is "Full Disclosure", and I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out.

Oh, almost forgot - any queries about any kind of modern weapon at all, visit www.world.guns.ru
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi, I am new to your thread, in fact I am new to any thread at this point. I have never written a fanfic before but have been enjoying the S/J fics through e-mail subscription for quite some time now. I have been conjouring up so many senarios in my mind about S/J's first REAL kiss over the last couple of years that I knew I would have to put it down in words eventually.

I finally got brave enough to do that and now and have about a 7 page J/S fanfic written. I am wondering if anyone can recommend how I can find what I understand to be a "beta reader"? I have absolutely NO IDEA what all this involves and I'm afraid I have NO CLUE of what the accepted or non accepted "protocol" of the process is.

I still have to weed through it and determine the Seasons involved, I think, and I'm not even sure how far to go with that. I could really use some good advise.

Am I at the right place? Thanks!
                                Daydreamer

Comment

Working...
                                X