X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    Okay, here's a question:

Does anyone have any idea how many planets Ra may have directly controlled before Jack killed him in the first movie?
    I assume most of those that were later controlled by others (though I doubt an of those were given specific numbers).
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

That isn't much help. What I'm looking for here is a number, a reasonable number. Like, say, maybe a dozen? Two dozen? I don't need specific worlds here, necessarily, unless someone has a list like that to offer. I'm just at a point in my fic where I need someone to be able to talk about some old history of Ra's domain and that he had X number of planets, more or less, and then that person will talk about something that may have happened on one of them.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I would say at least a dozen.
        Maybe a few more.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

We only know Abydos, Earth and Pangar for sure, I think. But considering he was supposed to be the Supreme System Lord, I'd say he has more than a dozen.

We know Apophis had six, Amaunet had one, Anubis had five (although I'm not sure if he counts since he only resurfaced after Ra was dead), Ares has one, Ba'al has nine, Camulus one, Cronus six, Hathor five, Heru'ur five, Nirrti five, Sokar four.

That's the minimum number of planets they have (that have been confirmed) and considering the size of the galaxy and how important they all (think they) are, I'd say you can multiply those numbers by at least ten to make it credible. Probably even more, if you think back to the size of Apophis' fleet for example.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well, I'm thinking direct control. The model seems to be that the major System Lords had smaller, client or vassal lords who controlled worlds that were considered to be part of the major Lord's sphere of influence, right? My thinking was possibly that he had 12 to 20 under direct control, and probably that same number or more under the control of client lords, thus placing them under Ra's indirect control?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm stumped on how to research this.

John's leg is crushed and thus everything below the knee is amputated. I'm not sure what the process or time for recovery would be. Or what SGC would have as a job for him, if they do have one.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Recovery time for that is up to a year, especially if we're talking learning to walk with a prosthesis, etc. And something like that gets you discharged from the military as disabled.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I have no idea who John is or what his job at the SGC was before crushing his leg, but if you need him to be there perhaps he could be given an advisory role after his (medical?) discharge. Or hire him for something he can still do as a civilian.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Recovery time for that is up to a year, especially if we're talking learning to walk with a prosthesis, etc. And something like that gets you discharged from the military as disabled.
                    Thanks. And I figured he's be discharge,d though possibly given a civilian job, if there was one possible. He'd probably move in with his brother.

Do you have anything on the procedures involved in recovery?

Comment

The Amputee's Guide
                      To The Amputation And Recovery Processes

I googled it, hope it's helpful Richard.

My own problem: My muse is avoiding me today (the only day of the week I have free to write). Drat!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        The Amputee's Guide
                        To The Amputation And Recovery Processes

I googled it, hope it's helpful Richard.

My own problem: My muse is avoiding me today (the only day of the week I have free to write). Drat!
                        Looks like it's time for... relaxation!

Comment

I don't think it's an auto discharge anymore. I remember hearing stories about gulf war folks going back to iraq after losing their legs. It's all in your fitness and can you do your job.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            Ornery critters, those muses!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

WR, I found this article quite interesting!

Spoiler:
                              On a personal note, that's the same hospital my oldest boy was born in!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                I don't think it's an auto discharge anymore. I remember hearing stories about gulf war folks going back to iraq after losing their legs. It's all in your fitness and can you do your job.
                                I'm inclined to agree - a quick Google for 'soldier prosthetic active duty' throws up a few articles from both sides of the pond suggesting that soldiers are allowed to continue serving on active duty (perhaps not necessarily front line service) with prosthetic limbs. The impression I got was that as long as the soldier can still carry out the tasks required of them, they can still serve, and with the way prosthetics are advancing now this less of a struggle than it used to be.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X