X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
    No...no you don't

Creative side of Brain: Oh, oh, maybe to make the combat more interesting we could have the character jump over the chasm and take out the canon fodder action movie style!

Realistic side of Brain: But how could they jump that distance without landing and shattering something vital like, oh their legs!?! And they'll have to land in a place without cover, which means they'll get shot up easily.

Creative Side of Brain: .... .... .... i hate you man.
    Spoiler:
    After they got into a fist fight, they decided on a pretty good idea for my vampire comic.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

This explains why don't get anything done, some days. The two halves of my brain are too busy duking it out and can't agree on anything.

Those are the days I should just go make cupcakes or something...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Anybody know where I can find information on the average age, or better still realistic age range, of the different ranks in the British armed forces? Army is a priority with Royal Marines next, but all services would be useful.

Also, somebody mentioned cupcakes?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

For the ages at certain ranks, you can probably figure that out the same way I did for the USAF: by looking at the average age at which people enlist or are commissioned, and the number of years it takes on average to get from one rank to the next. A little bit of math, some messing about with giving different characters slightly different ages at which they entered service, and presto! There's your answer.

I'll have to work on the cupcakes.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

the symbiote alters a host's immune system so the host body doesn't attack and kill it. Fetus' also alter a woman's immune system, basically in the same way, telling hte body 'hey, these cells are just fine and welcome, leave them alone'

One alteration isn't compatible with another.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*wanders in. raises one eyebrow. wanders out again*

sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

No...no you don't

Creative side of Brain: Oh, oh, maybe to make the combat more interesting we could have the character jump over the chasm and take out the canon fodder action movie style!

Realistic side of Brain: But how could they jump that distance without landing and shattering something vital like, oh their legs!?! And they'll have to land in a place without cover, which means they'll get shot up easily.

Creative Side of Brain: .... .... .... i hate you man.
                ROFL!

Ana, we must be sharing a brain. I didn't even check in yesterday, but I made and frosted a cake.

Loving all the scientific "what if" & glad my brain is back to where it's had enough rest to understand it.
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  After they got into a fist fight, they decided on a pretty good idea for my vampire comic.
                  Spoiler:
                  And thats properly what started Twilight off!!!

HAH! Took me eighteen hours, but finally came up with a good come back!
                  [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    And thats properly what started Twilight off!!!

HAH! Took me eighteen hours, but finally came up with a good come back!
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh come on. We all know Twilight has less scientific credibility than Land of the Lost.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Just seen the Bioshock Infinite demo from E3 and now i'm pondering how i can "rollarcoaster" (like) gun play into fan fiction.

Sorry, that's: rollar coaster combat in a city in the sky.

PLAYABLE rollar coaster combat in a city in the sky!!

*sigh* Cricket, cricket (or any sport) i can get into Stargate easily... *grumble grumble* stupid realism and plausibility ...
                      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Just seen the Bioshock Infinite demo from E3 and now i'm pondering how i can "rollarcoaster" (like) gun play into fan fiction.

Sorry, that's: rollar coaster combat in a city in the sky.

PLAYABLE rollar coaster combat in a city in the sky!!

*sigh* Cricket, cricket (or any sport) i can get into Stargate easily... *grumble grumble* stupid realism and plausibility ...
                        At the risk of confusing you, might I suggest reading The Dark Knight Returns?

Comment

At the risk of confusing you, might I suggest reading The Dark Knight Returns?
                          Read it. About ten years ago (Libary has a pretty good stock of graphic novels ) so, my dear WraithRichard, what part are you refering too?

sigpic

Comment

Read it. About ten years ago (Libary has a pretty good stock of graphic novels ) so, my dear WraithRichard, what part are you refering too?
                            The fight on the rollercoaster.

Or did I completely misinterpret what you want?

Comment

Being unconscious means things get a bit tricky, actually. People in light comas still notice stimuli, they just have little to no way of reacting to it.
                              I'm going to go over the episode before the pregnancy arc itself to determine things, but my fiance says that Amaunet was aware of what was happening to Sha're while she was pregnant, but gaining dominance over it would kill the child.
                              Hibernation could mean anything from being brain-dead to merely being in a deep sleep.
                              This sounds like a 'locked in syndrome' for the symbiote? If that is plausible and works for your story, I won't charge for the idea

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                              For the ages at certain ranks, you can probably figure that out the same way I did for the USAF: by looking at the average age at which people enlist or are commissioned, and the number of years it takes on average to get from one rank to the next. A little bit of math, some messing about with giving different characters slightly different ages at which they entered service, and presto! There's your answer.
                              I'll have to work on the cupcakes.
                              SF's method was quite helpful to me in putting together a timeline for Sam Carter (thanks SF).

...and I would like chocolate cupcakes, pls.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Does anyone know the weapons on the Hammond?
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X