Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent suggestions to Cort (above). Also consider when in the series it occurs...is it while Sam is @ Area 51? On Atlantis? Stationed on the Hammond? This will affect the choices.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Bad link. Try http://www.afhso.af.mil/ instead.
      Thanks Sealurk and SF. That's dry stuff to wade through, but informative.
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        honestly? for a quick wedding, as in we decide on monday to get married this weekend
        Actually it's more of them deciding on the weekend to get married on Monday - hehe

As for everything else: Thanks!!!
        sigpic
        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
          I have heard that in military weddings the cake is cut with a sword, but that might only be the navy or marines (or non-speed weddings).
          Wonder what would happen if you Zat-ed a Cake ... ... ... *ponders*
          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

You could make it disappear without anyone's having to worry about calories.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

You could make it disappear without anyone's having to worry about calories.
              sssssshhhhhh. We don't talk about the third setting!
              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                sssssshhhhhh. We don't talk about the third setting!
                Don't forget the fourth shot that brings it back...
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Dude, you owe me a fresh glass of cranberry juice!

(And a less-sticky keyboard.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    Don't forget the fourth shot that brings it back...
                    .... .... touche .... *claps*

btw: "what happens if you zat them four times?" is SO going into Hallowed Turf!!
                    Last edited by Choo1701; 20 June 2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: dunno.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      *blushes* so I'm just a bad speller in 3 countries? *sigh*
                      trying again: neighbour? anyone...anyone?
                      Don't feel bad, I've seen plenty of people spell potato "potatoe". In fact, I did it myself until my girlfriend point out that it was wrong.

And yes, neighbour is the correct British spelling. Just like colour or flavour
                      My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

If Sam's at Area 51, they could just drop into a wedding chapel in vegas and get it done

aslo, if not, they're military and can grab 'hops'...hitch a ride on a flight (especially if Jack's a general) and go about anywhere...it's just not usually cushy flights, but the price is right
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          aslo, if not, they're military and can grab 'hops'...hitch a ride on a flight (especially if Jack's a general) and go about anywhere...it's just not usually cushy flights, but the price is right
                          Having flown with Ryanair (the European version of Southwestern) a lot, I think flying for free on a military flight would be an improvement!
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

*pokes head around corner*

*waves* Hi! Um, I'm looking for a beta--I haven't published anything for a while, and the person who used to beta for me doesn't seem to be in the business much anymore. Is there a thread somewhere? Or does anyone in here do that sort of thing?
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                              *pokes head around corner*

*waves* Hi! Um, I'm looking for a beta--I haven't published anything for a while, and the person who used to beta for me doesn't seem to be in the business much anymore. Is there a thread somewhere? Or does anyone in here do that sort of thing?
                              What are you writing? SG-1, SGA, SGU? What season(s) are you working with? Sometimes a person who would be a good beta for one thing might not be for others (for example I'd be a bad choice for SGU, SGA or late seasons of SG-1, unless all you needed was mechanical editing for grammar, spelling and word flow, due to my being unfamiliar or less familiar with those than with the first 6 seasons of SG-1). If you give a little bit of information to let us know what you're working with, I'm sure someone will be willing and able to help you.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

What are you writing? SG-1, SGA, SGU? What season(s) are you working with? Sometimes a person who would be a good beta for one thing might not be for others (for example I'd be a bad choice for SGU, SGA or late seasons of SG-1, unless all you needed was mechanical editing for grammar, spelling and word flow, due to my being unfamiliar or less familiar with those than with the first 6 seasons of SG-1). If you give a little bit of information to let us know what you're working with, I'm sure someone will be willing and able to help you.
                                SGA, season 5. Characters: Team, with Woolsey and two OCs. I mainly need the beta because of the OCs--I need to make sure the fic holds interest.

I like to think I'm a pretty easy writer to beta, since I re-read and check for proper spelling, grammar, and flow. I'd just like somebody to check for stupid mistakes and give me a light plot-beta. =) The first few chapters are available though the link in my sig--I published them beta-free, so you can get a good idea of what you'd be signing up for. The name is "Family Ties."
                                Last edited by WingedPegasus; 21 June 2011, 08:57 PM.
                                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                                X