This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    But that isn't the same as the military going out and selling those things for a profit.
    Actually, (at least for a while) opium was confiscated and sold through the military in Afghanistan.

Remember Kinsey. If the Stargate Program had been self-supporting, he wouldn't have been complaining about the budget and trying to shut it down. Hammond had to fight him on this.
    Kinsey also made no sense and became the stereotypical republican after about three episodes. Sometimes he was in it for profit, sometimes just worked with the NID for protection, sometimes did things out of spite.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      I think that's the answer. Business ties, grants, donations from politicians and companies, and give-and-take (yes, just like Henry Wallace's company) would certainly make sense.

I had a vague idea and Wytchy his the nail on the head for me.

You're just on a roll today, aren't you?

PS: Congrats.
      Thanks! Setting up the modem was easier than I thought & the call center guy who helped me when I ran into a small snag was very patient with my use of technical terms like "putting the thingy in the little whatchacallit hole".

I guess I am on a roll. Since we're writing fiction and not exposés, that sort of thing could work. The government doesn't need to own the companies, although holding 51% interest as a silent partner would make them virtually own them. It scares me how much my mind can think in such illegal ways! I really am an honest citizen, I swear. Honest!

Oh, and WR, I tried to PM you back, but it wouldn't send for some reason. Like your new idea for Jesse & friend.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
        Oh, and WR, I tried to PM you back, but it wouldn't send for some reason. Like your new idea for Jesse & friend.
        Cool. Let's see how far I get before needing more info (or screwing it up without noticing).

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Cool. Let's see how far I get before needing more info (or screwing it up without noticing).
          Sometimes, it just takes bouncing it around with someone else. I was totally stuck on the direction of ITB until I asked my beta to throw me some ideas. Some I will use, some I will not, but at least I've got a direction.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Sometimes, it just takes bouncing it around with someone else. I was totally stuck on the direction of ITB until I asked my beta to throw me some ideas. Some I will use, some I will not, but at least I've got a direction.
            Indeed. I'm hoping later people will throw a few more ideas at me for WTF.

I should start reading your fic soon.

Comment

Indeed. I'm hoping later people will throw a few more ideas at me for WTF.

I should start reading your fic soon.
              If you want to--don't feel like you have to. I just enjoy writing it. It's only just starting to heat up in the later teen chapters (13, 14, etc). I believe in romance before hot, nasty HT.
              Spoiler:
              Mind, I have other fics that are completely PWP, one that's slash with a part Wraith, part vampire, part human creature (DNA pushed around by the Ancients). It's not at all about love.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Dad's hip replacement went well; Mom's Alzheimer's is definite, no matter what any doctors say. She's asked me how old her grandsons are about 10 times in the last day and a half that we've been here. In a span of an hour and a half yesterday, she took her morning medicine and forgot twice that she had. Etc.
                Spoiler:
                *grim look* Sorry to hear that, Whytewytch. I think we all worry about how we would cope if we were placed in that position. Sending hugs your way.

Spoiler:
                Ack! My dad is just going home to the nursing home from the hospital today, after another UTI. Blargh.
                Spoiler:
                *hugs SF also*

That's why I love visiting with ya'll! You keep me moving and remind me to WRITE. Even if it's not working as a whole passage, most of the time you will find things in the middle that are worth saving...and having the outside persepective of someone else is extremely helpful.

*nods thanks to SF for helps with R&D*
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*hugs for all*

Comment

Thanks, Sara.
                    Spoiler:
                    It's been a long day with Dad's surgery and all the worry that entails; throwing away garbage without arousing Mom's suspicions that I'm throwing away her precious coupons that expired in 1997, to do lists from 2003 and empty envelopes from bills sent in 2008; trying to manage my business from 1200 miles away; cooking a decent, light dinner and washing the dishes. I'm going to write (possibly some smut--it relaxes me) and go to bed.
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs for all*
                      Thanks, WR. **accepts hugs** Like I said to Sara, I think it's time for some therapeutic HT and/or violence writing (maybe it's time for another PWP?).
                      sigpic

Comment

*points at Whytewytch*

You. Go relax already!

(BTW, has anyone heard from Brooke lately? Feast of the Muse?)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

*points at Whytewytch*

You. Go relax already!

(BTW, has anyone heard from Brooke lately? Feast of the Muse?)
                          Can't recall off hand. I used to see her a lot on the Sanctuary threads, but have missed the last couple eps so I haven't been there.

**raises hand in concession, hugs everyone g'night, considers if she wants to write or just collapse**
                          sigpic

Comment

Good night!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I believe in romance before hot, nasty HT.
                              Excuse me, but my fan fic is neither hot, nor nasty! (well not yet!)

Of course if your implying something else, well, um. Ew?
                              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                                Excuse me, but my fan fic is neither hot, nor nasty! (well not yet!)

Of course if your implying something else, well, um. Ew?
                                Choo! How ironic, that your fic's initials are HT. I was referring to the Horizontal Tango. I mostly read and write romances of various kinds. My preference is for there to be a bit of romance before the lead characters jump into bed. Mind, from that point on, all bets are off.

What is "ew"? Don't get what you mean by "something else". Possibly a blonde moment, possibly not enough coffee yet. Explain, please--by PM is fine if it's above the rating for the forum--I'm all growed up. Ish.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X