Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, pleasce recommend me some good McKay whumping ffs No slash, no one shots - I prefer longer stories. I also would like to read some good stories featuring strong freidnship between McKay and Shep / Carson. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, this thread is for helping people write fics. I saw you found the correct thread for your question elsewhere.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

What would be a good nickname/codename for a forensic accountant?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Foray (for Forensic Accounting) or some variation thereof. Math Digger (or just Digger).

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Digger! I like that. Digger it is.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Digger was the first thing that popped into my head.

Seaboe

Comment

It's been something I've been toying with for a while.

"She's one of the best forensic accountants in the business. They call her..." [pause for dramatic effect] "The Digger..."
                sigpic

Comment

[cue gasp from the audience]

"Uh oh, they're in trouble now."

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Are adults who, as babies, were born prematurely, more prone to colds and flu etc?
                    sigpic

Comment

Take this with a huge mountain of salt, unless there are congenital diseases, genetic predispositions or additional neo-natal complications (apart from the premature birth), I don't think so.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know an adult who was born at 6 months, and I can assure you the answer is no.
                          If they indeed do not suffer from genetic faults they are as healthy as a normal born person; therefore moderately susceptible to flu and cold, depending on the environment they keep (i.e. sick colleagues or children).

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Are adults who, as babies, were born prematurely, more prone to colds and flu etc?
                            As someone who was born six weeks prematurely, I can at least speak for one person who isn't more prone to flus and colds than anyone else. Although I did suffer from a lot of throat and ear infections as a child, these practically disappeared after I'd removed my tonsils (adenoidectomy?) at the age of 6.
                            "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
                            Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
                              Although I did suffer from a lot of throat and ear infections as a child, these practically disappeared after I'd removed my tonsils (adenoidectomy?) at the age of 6.
                              Which is common in small children born early, late or right on time.
                              My cousins were right on time and late, and they both had throat and ear infections every other week, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                it depends I guess how much too early, but all I have heard is that some have sensetive skin due to it not really had been able to develop or that, often, children that are born early tend to be worrying or being scared more as adults. That is all I can say
                                Last edited by DarkenLycht; 21 July 2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X