Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the light, but there's definitely something green going on...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I agree with Falcon.
      Puddle Jumpers are Green.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I am a big fan of Stargate franchise and currently I have a fanfiction story about SGU's third season's prequel under development.

Story itself tries to find a problems concerning Destiny and it's crew:
        * Safe supply line from Mily Way to Destiny WITHOUT blowing up planets
        * Cure for Lisa Park's blindess and Tamara Johanssen's ALS (The crew actually find a cure fore it in sequel story when the find out that some people from Novus are living in next galaxy)
        * Conscunesses of dr. Perry, Ginn and dr. Franklin in Destiny's computer and how to transferred it into new bodies (crew find it's solution also in sequel story when they reach to the next galaxy)

Story is set into two parts:
        * A two weeks after ending of Stargate Universe (2010)
        * Almost three years later weeks before Destiny's crew scheduled to re-establish the contact with Homeworld Command (2013)

But reason I actually write this is about Safe supply line. Using planet's core to dial 9th chveron is clearly out of question and I want to discussion with you alternatives because I'm stuck and I want it to scientificly as realistic:
        * Using directly black hole (enter in Milky Way exit in another galaxy near Destiny)
        * Using Milky Way supergate (altough it's connected only with Ori galaxy)
        * Wormhole drive powered newest Earth ship (not Daedalus class)

I really hope you can help and your suggestions about safe supply line is very welcome.

[I KNOW MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD - IT'S NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE]

Comment

Sorry, never watched Universe so can't help you there. Hope someone else can assist you. Perhaps ask around in the tech-threads of SGU?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, the Ori managed to connect two supergates so you could say that the SGC found out how the stick people did it and since they are only connecting two regular gates it is easier and require less power.

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Or you could just handwave it by saying "McKay figured it out." and leave it at that.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

One for the Potterheads.

How far would you say Hogsmeade Station is from Hogwarts Castle?

A mile? More? Less?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I can't seem to find any precise measurements but Hogsmeade station is right beside the Black Lake. The Black Lake is supposedly half a mile in diameter to reach the Hogwarts lawn.

sigpic

Comment

Easy walking distance then? Even if you're carrying baggage?
                    sigpic

Comment

I would assume so. They have several hundred students carrying luggage arriving their at the beginning of the year and same thing leaving at the end.

sigpic

Comment

Fair enough. It'd be a piece of cake to a US Army Ranger.
                        sigpic

Comment

half a mile, sure.
                          I have walked to work and it's a bit under 2 miles. Takes me about 30 minutes (I don't exactly run)
                          So you can say, with luggage probably 10 minutes.
                          And honestly I don't think they carry their trunks. The trunks are likely delivered and they just carry what's in their hands.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm new on this thread but i've been writing a short (really short) story and I was wondering if i could get some feedback from anyone? (:
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

A question for any Londoners in the audience.

I need an address roughly 30mins or so walk away from the US embassy in Grosvenor Square, somewhere a fairly successful business person would have a place "in town".

Any suggestions?
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi

I'm looking for someone to bounce ideas around for the background of an OC *ducks in anticipation of rotten-tomato throwing*, specifically a British ex-military doctor in their late thirties. I've been researching information online, but need a bit of help with getting it realistic.

Thanks
                                My Fanfiction - http://archiveofourown.org/works/sea...icted%5D=false

Comment

Working...
                                X