Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do tanks and other heavily armoured vehicles have horns?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

You mean like, beep, beep, get out of my way horns?

What would they need them for?

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        To honk at pretty lady-tanks...?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          You mean like, beep, beep, get out of my way horns?
          Yeah, exactly.

Seaboe
          I dunno. I'm just asking.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          To honk at pretty lady-tanks...?
          Which begs the question, what does a lady-tank look like - exactly?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Which begs the question, what does a lady-tank look like - exactly?

Spoiler:

Comment

I had to ask...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Not technically a tank. Looks like one but is not.

It is an FV433 Abbot Self-Propelled Gun. The giveaway for me is the travel lock, the framework supporting the barrel if the 105 mm howitzer.

The lady is sitting on the barrel of the howitzer.

The vehicle is one the privately owned samples as detailed by the pink color and civilian license plate. Abbots are extremely popular with private owners who wish to be own a "tank". It looks enough like one and is far cheaper to acquire, maintain and operate than a genuine tank.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Err... that was not to be taken seriously... obviously...

Comment

The reason I'm asking, is this - I saw Brad Pitt's new movie "Fury" yesterday afternoon. It's the story of the crew of a Sherman tank during the last months of WWII, and how they have to defend a vital crossroads from a seemingly unstoppable force of veteran SS Panzer Grenadiers.

Now, one scene has a column of Shermans slowly making their way through a mass of German refugees coming in the opposite direction.

I just had a mental image of the driver honking the tank's horn a couple of times to chivvy the refugees out of the way a bit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just need a confirmation on something for creating the background of my character. According to my research, top two medical schools in the world are often considered to be Harvard of the US and Oxford of England. Can anyone confirm?

sigpic
                      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Most of my reading have doctors in the UK going to Scotland for their schooling, particularly in Edinburgh.

No doubt that Harvard Medical turns out some highly skilled doctors but part of it is that is the Harvard name that provides the edge. Harvard Law has the same reputation.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                          Just need a confirmation on something for creating the background of my character. According to my research, top two medical schools in the world are often considered to be Harvard of the US and Oxford of England. Can anyone confirm?
                          Johns Hopkins University is probably the first

Comment

I asked a colleague at work who was in the Army about Tanks having horns.
                            They do in the British Army...
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                              I asked a colleague at work who was in the Army about Tanks having horns.
                              They do in the British Army...
                              Excellent!
                              sigpic

Comment

What colour would you guys say a Puddle Jumper is?

A dark olive green?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X