This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    While I'm sure alcohol is officially forbidden, I'm also sure there's more than one bottle of scotch in a lower desk drawer.
    I would be very surprised at this. Strangely enough, I think the generals would follow the actual laws.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

i need a way to come up with names that sound like they come from descendent's or related in some way to Carthage
      I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
      7th Fleet Lost
      http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

Hi all,
        Can any one help me with a little problem? Does anyone know the correct form of address for the First Lady of the United States when speaking to her or responding to a question asked by her?
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
          Hi all,
          Can any one help me with a little problem? Does anyone know the correct form of address for the First Lady of the United States when speaking to her or responding to a question asked by her?
          For written forms go to http://www.formsofaddress.info/Spouse_President.html

For verbal communication, I guess Ma'am is how she is addressed. (This going of what I remember from watching The West Wing.)
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thank you.

I did think that Ma'am was the correct form of address. But I wasn't exactly sure.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

That always sounds so wrong to me, in Ireland we call our mothers mam, pronounced pretty much the same as ma'am. And you are right , that is how she was addressed in west wing

Comment

Abby Bartlett was an MD, wasn't she?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

She was.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by L4 of the WEST View Post
                    i need a way to come up with names that sound like they come from descendent's or related in some way to Carthage
                    Here you go! -- You need to scroll passed his political history explanation cause he does have a list of names too.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks!
                      I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                      My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
                      7th Fleet Lost
                      http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

Seems there might be a rethink on the new US military hair grooming regulations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27626509
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Stellar drift. How long would it take before our familiar constellations would become almost, but not quite, recognisable?

Quite a while I would think.
                          sigpic

Comment

A few million years according to Neil Degrasse Tyson.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

More like about 50 thousand

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I've got a Jack O'Neill voice question...

Would Jack say "snazzy" in reference to a word. Context...

“Boring.”

“I’m sorry, what?”

“That’s a boring name, Carter.”

“Well, what would you rather I called it?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” he cast about, “something snazzy. Like…
                                "
                                If not snazzy, what might he use?
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X