This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    How many troops in full battle rattle could get in the back of a Puddle Jumper?

Ten? Twelve?
    10 to 12 sounds about right.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

hmm hay i have an interesting problem what do you do when you have a race of aliens in one franchise that almost a ripe off of a race from another franchise but your in fact came first but there was more well know?
      I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
      7th Fleet Lost
      http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

Make them somehow related? You'd need some good reasons for the differences in evolution, but hell, even StarTrek did that with the Klingons when Enterprise retconned the forehead ridges...
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

yeah that works when your crossing over those to franchises but maybe i should explain
          before the starship troopers mini game died in 2007 several new races were in the works the first was the forth kinda like the asgard so i due sorta make them related in my story same planet of origin just different universe. the second was the Coven a blue skinned female only race with psychic powers that would make the jedi look like wimps. a year later mass effect came out and it had the Asari a blue skin female only race with psychic powers. i'm afraid people just going to assume i'm ripping the video game off when i really am not.
          7th Fleet Lost

Comment

I completely don't understand the issue. You're writing fan fiction. The race in SST "fourth kind" is similar to the Asgard in SG. Then there are the Coven in SST who are similar to someone from Star Wars (doesn't matter - SST exists in the universe of your story even if Star Wars doesn't). Lastly there are the Asari who are from Mass Effect (who I assume made it in to this conversation because they have blue skin like the Coven). But again, they don't matter because the Coven exist in your chosen universe.

Comment

ahhh... i didn't say star wars here... the problem is my own i guess just don't want some one saying i took from something when i really didn't again.

On a side not they are similar to a race from star wars know as the chis i think just with out the female only thing.
              7th Fleet Lost

Comment

Sorry, you mentioned Jedi and I went all Star Wars.

Well, here's the thing: if you have the races available in the franchises you're working with, I, personally, don't see any problem with you working with them. If you start taking traits from other franchises that don't belong to the races within your chosen franchises then you might expect to be called on it by a reader.

The cool thing about science fiction is that, while there are infinite possibilities, we generally come back around to similar tech, races, issues, etc. You can hand wave just about anything if you try hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Groovy.

It's a couple of individual words, and a few phrases that I need.
                  She said she doesn't remember much, but if you want to PM me, I can shoot it over and see if she can help. It usually takes her many days to get back, either on FB or by phone, so don't expect quick turn-around.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                    She said she doesn't remember much, but if you want to PM me, I can shoot it over and see if she can help. It usually takes her many days to get back, either on FB or by phone, so don't expect quick turn-around.

NVM. She just told me that she wouldn't be much help and you should use Google Translator. Sorry!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I'm a having a twin sister and a best friend tease a guy about a girl he likes. What should I have them say?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Does someone repress or suppress an urge to do/say something?
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Does someone repress or suppress an urge to do/say something?
                          Repress, I'd say, based solely on slight differences in definitions of the words. They're technically synonyms with slightly different connotations.

But around here we say "repress the urge to...".

Comment

Thanks, Amara!

You were so quick I didn't have time to edit my post, so I'll just post my next question here: would you say a person looks 'concerned for' or 'worried about' someone and their health (when they're lying in the infirmary)?
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Again, it depends. I'm concerned about the person if I'm thinking about how they're going to deal with or handle the situation. I'm worried about them if I think their health may take a turn for the worse.

I'm sure that's an individual sort of thing, though.

(And yeah, I'm vacillating between writing and hanging out online. It's very quiet at the office today. All the guys are out in the field which means I've been able to tie up all my loose ends relatively quickly today. I'll take that! )

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                                Again, it depends. I'm concerned about the person if I'm thinking about how they're going to deal with or handle the situation. I'm worried about them if I think their health may take a turn for the worse.

I'm sure that's an individual sort of thing, though.

(And yeah, I'm vacillating between writing and hanging out online. It's very quiet at the office today. All the guys are out in the field which means I've been able to tie up all my loose ends relatively quickly today. I'll take that! )
                                I guess, technically, it's both! ö Hum, what to use then...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X