Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we know what WD40 is (the WD stands for water displacement, the 40 cause it was the 40th try that worked)

It's a spray silicone lubricant that comes in a blue, red and yellow can
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      That's a kind of oil for cars, correct?
      It just occurred to me! You're thinking of 10W-40 (commonly read 10 weight 40).
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

OT note:
        NEVER use WD-40 in thinks like locks. Yes, it works to start with, but it also attracts dirt and such in the long run, you are better off using Graphite powder.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't know what WD-40 is (not American either) but it looks like something that comes in handy just about everywhere.

52 Amazing Ways to Use WD-40!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            It just occurred to me! You're thinking of 10W-40 (commonly read 10 weight 40).
            A least I was right in that it had something to do with cars!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Now then, next question.

Does anyone know of a website which will tell you what the weather was like in a city, at a certain time, on a particular day?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I tried googling but when I chose the random date 12th of April 1912 the results were more Titanic-like than weather-like.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I tried googling but when I chose the random date 12th of April 1912 the results were more Titanic-like than weather-like.
                  Ask and ye shall receive. Wunderground

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Ask and ye shall receive. Wunderground

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks, Amara.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks, Amara.
                        Happy to help!

Comment

hey... what are some of the best theories on why English is the common language in star gate?
                          I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                          My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
                          7th Fleet Lost
                          http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

It shouldn't be, it should be ancient Egyptian, but it's a Canadian show.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by L4 of the WEST View Post
                              hey... what are some of the best theories on why English is the common language in star gate?
                              Well, one fan theory is there's something in the DHD that translates for you.

Although if it were 100% accurate, it'd look like everyone was in a badly dubbed Spaghetti Western.
                              sigpic

Comment

My theories tally with all of the above.

1. It's an American/Canadian produced show.
                                2. As a 'gift'. Gate Travel enables you to understand the language of the planet you have 'Gated' to.

But I have a theory that it wouldn't just be Ancient Egyptian that would be spoken. There would be Ancient Greek, Mayan, Aztec, Norse and other old earth languages.

Star Trek 'cheated' by having the Universal Translator.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X