No announcement yet.

GATECON & LEGENDS : THE HOMECOMING with RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god I hope that's not for the whole thing, I remember last time in 2008 I was able to buy a ticket on the day....and I hope you've got a good server or there will be a lot of panic buying and people being disappointed.....with UK travel costs I want to make sure I get a good chance of getting these and not be away when they go on sale....

Can there not be reserves at least for those that miss the first wave?

You have really got me worried now

I hasten to add that Michael Shanks is the BIG draw for me, not everyone is going just because it's RDA....and I want to make sure I get as fair a chance to see my favourite as everyone else
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecon View Post
      I guess after we launch ticket sales. If we sell out in 20 minutes like we did last time we had RDA then things would be looking very good for a repeat performance.
      oh my god you sold out in 20 minutes?? Jesus. That terrifies me (I am shockingly that one person for whom the big draw is Vancouver itself, Amanda Tapping, and possibly Michael Shanks so I hope things don't sell out in 20 minutes if you do a repeat con). But it would also be good if tickets sell that fast because I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 2017 con.
      Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

It also occurs to me that maybe we should put together some kind of fund to help people who otherwise might have trouble affording the whole thing attend - just throwing that idea out there because of how many people mentioned winning the lottery.
        Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

Comment

Wow! 20 minutes. This is scary!!!

Does anyone have an old schedule or information from a Gatecon? I have no idea if I can even make a trip like this, but due to RDA, AT, and MS all being there, if I got so lucky as to be able to afford to go to Vancouver for the week that would be awesome. I've wanted to take a week long vacation for a long time but things never quite work out. However, 2016 will be a whole new year and just maybe things will be going better for me.

Just curious on how con works at this point and trying to figure what the cost is as well as the time frame for this. Any info from past cons would be awesome, just as a general idea.

Comment

Hi allnycole, if you head over to the forum at gatecon.com/forum there is a section there called Blast from the Past that has some old photos and such from previous Gatecons. There isn't an old itinerary there but the usual format is Thursday is registration day with an optional extra daytime activity, Meet and Greet in the evening, Friday and Saturday panels and photo sessions with things like evening banquet and charity auction. Sunday is panels in the morning and autos for the rest of the day. We are adding on the Monday after this time with another optional extra activity (optional extras mean there is a ticket purchase necessary).
            Hope that helps a little!

Comment

Meanwhile, a new teaser has just been released.
              who'snext.jpg

Comment

Hi ComtessedeBussy I noticed your question about location tours on the Creation thread but didn't want to spam their thread with Gatecon replies, so...

Yes we have been doing Stargate filming location tours since our first event in 2000 and they are always very popular. Normally a full eight hour day with packed lunch in Stanley Park.

Gatecon was also the first convention company given access to the studio to do set tours and those were such fun, watching people's faces as they walk into the Gate Room for the first time. Such a shame those can't be done anymore.
                Last edited by Gatecon; 15 September 2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

It's Once Upon A Time there now isn't it?....

I was lucky to do three with the "other company", who incidentally have changed their dates to now just two weeks after Gatecon.....as I said on the FB page, it's a bit like buses eh?...you wait AGES for one to come along and suddenly you get two along at the same time!!!...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecon View Post
                    Hi ComtessedeBussy I noticed your question about location tours on the Creation thread but didn't want to spam their thread with Gatecon replies, so...

Yes we have been doing Stargate filming location tours since our first event in 2000 and they are always very popular. Normally a full eight hour day with packed lunch in Stanley Park.

Gatecon was also the first convention company given access to the studio to do set tours and those were such fun, watching people's faces as they walk into the Gate Room for the first time. Such a shame those can't be done anymore.
                    Fantastic! In that case definitely holding out hope for 2017 because I wouldn't be able to stay until Monday it 2016 because of school. Really hope you do another one, I would love to do a tour with a bunch of stargate fans. And it is a shame you can't do studio tours anymore - it's one of thsoe heartbreaking things that I still think about sometimes, that I joined the fandom only after all the shows were cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      It's Once Upon A Time there now isn't it?....

I was lucky to do three with the "other company", who incidentally have changed their dates to now just two weeks after Gatecon.....as I said on the FB page, it's a bit like buses eh?...you wait AGES for one to come along and suddenly you get two along at the same time!!!...

Deeds xx
                      hahaha the 'other company.' I've only ever been to creation stargate cons so that's all I know but with their change of dates any loyalty i had to them (which is very little) is kind of gone. I'm looking forward to becoming a Gatecon fangirl- granted, my first stargate creation con left me with wonderful and amazing memories, but I think gatecon can live up to them, or at least I hope so. It is a bit like two buses, yeah, but I don't mind..the more stargate cons in this world the better!! Especially if Creation's con is actually the last one.

Comment

I'm gonna jump in with a tiny friendly note.....let's show each con company the respect of not talking about one in the other's thread and vice versa.

No one has done anything wrong, per se, but let's aim for friendly co-existence please.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          Indeed, it just didn't seem right that there were no Stargate conventions going on in Vancouver! I had to go to Chicago last year to get my Stargate con fix, a shock for the poor bank balance with the added costs of air fare and hotel for me. I've been spoiled for too long having Stargate conventions on my door step.
                          Me too, Krisz, and I'm looking forward to it!!!

Donamac

Comment

Gatecon 2016? In Vancouver? Best news ever! I booked my hotel reservations! I like the idea of a tour of filming locations. I would like to go to the studio even if the Stargate sets are gone. Looking forward to seeing GW friends that I made in 2008.

Oh, let's not forget, it's gonna be a Sam and Jack reunion for me!!! (Die-hard shipper here!)
                            sigpic

Comment

I hear that the Hotel is over half fully booked at the Con Rate already!!

Going to be a good one...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

A little research and GPS can find you many of the shooting locations. After going on the tour a few times they can be relatively easy to find. I think the trickiest is Jack's cabin, which is a real residence by a very tiny little pond. My friends and I found and 'stalked' it the last time we were in vancouver.

As to the studio....well standing outside the fence is all that's really needed there. THe buildings may be the same but I'm sure the insides are totally changed.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X