2014 Stargate Chicago Creation Convention Aug 15-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckappler View Post
    Mark your calendars now people. The 2015 Chicago Con will be August 14-16.
    I seen that too. How soon will they say who the guests are?

Comment

Originally posted by allnycole View Post
      I'm slightly scared what that might be.
      Do not fear the unknown Allnycole

Let me try to make this short and concise.

Amanda and Teryl would become 'peeved' when a new (read attractive) female would grace the SG1 set. The peevishness resulted because MS and CJ would fawn all over her. They would offer to fetch things for her, 'preen' in the new female's presence and such. AT and TR called this the "Puff and Ruffle" because MS and CJ never did that for them. MS and CJ would act lovesick in order to the curry the new females 'favor'.

To counter this MS and CJ would accuse AT and TR of playing the 'wounded lamb' to counter MS's and CJ's maneuvering around the new female. The "Wounded Lamb" act was purported to be acting just as it says in attempt to divert attention from the new female and back to themselves.

Depends upon who's on stage at the time and how this all turned out.

We've heard it so many times that it became a little tedious.

Hope that helps.
      sigpic
      Vancouver 2010
      Chicago 2010
      Chicago 2011
      Jack's CSM

Comment

I looked it up and it's not as horrifying as it seems at first glance. It turns out it's how Amanda Tapping and the rest of the women involved with the production of Stargate would refer to the male cast members flirting with women guest stars.

Still, it's not really something I'd like to see a Q&A wasted on.

Comment

Did Creation have an official convention poster printed for purchase? I always liked those to get everyone's autographs.

Comment

I seen that too. How soon will they say who the guests are?

A month after last year's con they announced Shanks, Hewlett, McGillion, Zahara, and Payne for 2014. By the end of October they had 10 guests listed. If they follow the same pattern they should announce the first round of 2015 guests in a month or two.

Comment

No. Apparently, after 2010 they had to stop doing lithographs because of licensing issues, if I recall correctly. The last such lithograph I personally saw was at the 2010 Star Trek convention in Vancouver. The closest they get are the convention banners, but it's just not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                I've "upgraded" for next year (just shifted literally a few seats over.)
                Was that your wife sitting next to you in E30? If so I upgraded one row and will be taking over that seat next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ckappler View Post
                  Was that your wife sitting next to you in E30? If so I upgraded one row and will be taking over that seat next year.
                  Nope, I'm not married. If it was who I think you're referring to, it wasn't even her seat. The girl who was sitting next to me was starting grad school so she decided to take in a con while she could. My new seat will be E24. Right after it was confirmed, I realized I could have gone up to D24, but it's not so much about being a row closer, rather closer to the middle and the only way to get to the middle would have been to go back a row into F that I thought E24 was good enough.

My guest wishlist is pretty simple at the moment, naturally being the heart and soul of the convention, Alex and Dan are a must to return and I don't think it's much of a stretch to expect any combination of Joe, David and Paul to return, but I'd really like to see Amanda Tapping, Rachel Luttrell and Torri Higgenson. It would be nice to get a bit more of a Universe presence as well, so Louis Ferreira, Patrick Gilmore and Peter Kelamis would be great. There are, of course, any number of others I'd love to see, but with such a finite number of spots available, we'll be lucky with what we get.

Comment

It would be nice to get a bit more of a Universe presence as well, so Louis Ferreira, Patrick Gilmore and Peter Kelamis would be great.
                    YES!!! Adding Alaina Huffman and Julia Benson to the panel would be perfect.
                    Last edited by ckappler; 19 August 2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I think I need to save my mom so that when/if MS returns I can buy a meet and greet. Don't get me wrong, watching how the Q & A unfolded was hilarious and MS clearly handles improvisation very well, but I still would like to hear some actually information and the M&G might be the only way to do that.
                      I did the meet and greet this year (and would happily do it again). A lot of what he talked about there he also talked about on stage. When he referenced having been talking to people about it earlier during his panel, that's what he was talking about.
                      Julia
                      --------------------
                      http://www.seshatplace.com/

Comment

Creation had a few SGU-heavy days in past conventions - one in Vancouver (2010 I think) and one in LA (also 2010 I think). I would say a decent portion of the con audience left and did other things at that time, but there was also a lot of tension over the show at that time. I don't know what the reaction would be now.

I will say it was nice having Lou Diamond Phillips (one of my teen idols) and Mike Dopud (really nice guy and in so much stuff) at cons and wouldn't mind seeing either of them again.

I'll also add Suanne Braun (Hathor) was a hoot and I would love to see her again.
                        sigpic

Comment

It seems whether or not there is a Stargate background depends on which photographer it taking the photos.
                          If I remember correctly, they sold the Stargate backdrops last year in the auction. Chris, the photographer this weekend, usually does the photoops. Last year he didn't because creation had two conventions the same weekend and he worked the other one.

Does anybody here know what went on during that "Future of Stargate" panel? Apparently some people stayed for it (why, I have no idea when it was scheduled opposite the Michael Shanks photo op) and were then surprised at how long the line was.
                          I was there for part of it. It was scheduled opposite the photoop because it was mostly time filler. They had 9 attendees go up on stage and suggest a story line for what happens after Enemy at the Gate. I'm guessing that Doug picked winner and they got $250 store credit. I didn't see the end because I had to catch a flight.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation on the "Puff and Ruffle". That's almost too funny. I guess I wouldn't have minded MS sharing that only because I'm sure from him it would have been hilarious and since I had never heard it, it would be new to me.

I will definitely check the site in a month or so, but I am signed up for the emails so hopefully as soon as they post anything for 2015 I'll get a notification. Maybe I can buy some of my things early and throughout the year so it isn't all at once I'm paying for everything like this year.....although I can't complain because most of it, I didn't even pay for because I used various CC reward points for tickets and the hotel. LOL

I wouldn't mind seeing JR Bourne (not sure I spelled that correctly).

Work calls. First day back since the convention and I have a nasty headache at the moment. Ugh!

Comment

We had a great time! I like that there were quite a few different guests then last year, and we enjoyed them all. I agree that MS panel went a bit off the rails and it seemed like we didn't get a lot of good Q&A, but I still enjoyed him. Dan and Alex are just great, my son and I went to one of their breakfasts and it was the highlight of the trip.

This was our second trip to Chicago and I was so surprised at how many faces I recognized from last year. I actually had people come up and say hi that recognized us, such a nice group of people. Sad we most likely won't get back, but so many good memories.

Comment

Yeah my wife and I had a great time too - our first convention and it was a real treat. I'm the one who won the convention banner (the unsigned one that was originally hanging from the registration table). We are going to hang it up in our media room on the back wall that is going to become a Stargate themed wall. I'll post pictures once I have it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X