2014 Stargate Chicago Creation Convention Aug 15-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Last year in Amanda's line, they were trying to rush at the end. Her handler was there whipping the pictures away from Amanda as soon as she signed them. She was still personalizing but it was a very rushed process.

Deeds, have fun in NYC. Great city and you will love seeing a play on Broadway.

Can't wait...we chose "Chicago" at The Ambassador on the Sunday afternoon Matinee performance.....really looking forward to it...done many trips to the West End of London for all sorts of plays & musicals but this is pure "Bucket List" stuff....hoping to cram in a Helicopter Trip too...

I'm sure Michael will try and do some personalising.....he doesn't like to let fans down....

I've had experience of Creation Cons being rushed in signings...not pleasant...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hey fellow con attendees, I'm just putting something out there. I'm looking for anyone with Gold or Silver who might not care about getting an autograph from Jason Momoa to trade with me for ANY of the other complimentary autographs included in the Gold ticket. I'm looking to have a few things signed by Jason since I've never seen him before or may never again, but rather than just buying them, I thought if someone doesn't want theirs but wants extras for other guest we could just do a swap and get something signed for the other person instead. Anyways, let me know if your interested (comment or pm), or let me know if this is confusing and makes no sense and I can clarify what I mean! (my brain is not working a full strength!)
      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
      GateCon Vancouver 2011
      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

One of my complaints about Creation is they'll claim the guests will say they're not personalizing, when most of the guests will actually be fine with it - it's Creation that has a problem. I don't mind no personalization, if it's coming directly from the guest.

My big argument for personalization would be to prevent people from re-selling autographs on eBay and the like (although people are free to do so).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist
          1My big argument for personalization would be to prevent people from re-selling autographs on eBay and the like (although people are free to do so).
          Yeah, and when it's personalized it actually feels more special and is something you could show somebody and not have them say you just bought a pre-signed picture. When I got books signed by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, there was no personalization whatsoever, whereas Nichelle Nichols and George Takei didn't even think twice about personalizing a message.

In the example I gave above with Joe Flanigan, I know he doesn't have a problem with personalizing as he did so at the 2011 con, but he must have been told to keep the line moving and the person marking off the lanyards was even taking away any sticky notes with names on them to prevent personalizing. Thanks to a meet and greet earlier in the day, Paul McGillion already knew my name so he had no problems personalizing, it just makes Joe's autograph stick out for that con as the only one with just his signature and nothing else.

For the price they charge, unless the guest really has a deadline to meet, they should let it really be up to whether people want their autographs personalized or not. It's not like another convention is nipping at their heels to take over the space that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
            In the example I gave above with Joe Flanigan, I know he doesn't have a problem with personalizing as he did so at the 2011 con, but he must have been told to keep the line moving and the person marking off the lanyards was even taking away any sticky notes with names on them to prevent personalizing. Thanks to a meet and greet earlier in the day, Paul McGillion already knew my name so he had no problems personalizing, it just makes Joe's autograph stick out for that con as the only one with just his signature and nothing else.
            I was at that con and tell you that was all Creation - and not Joe - a couple of us actually complained to Gary at the time about the Creation employee handling his autographs.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
              I'm looking for anyone with Gold or Silver who might not care about getting an autograph from Jason Momoa to trade with me for ANY of the other complimentary autographs included in the Gold ticket.
              I can say 'maybe'. I saw him last month and a few times before, so I don't think there's anything else I need signed. Come find me in D28/29.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              I've had experience of Creation Cons being rushed in signings...not pleasant...
              Has anyone else had the Creation experience of them lining attendees up against the wall, having them hold out their picture and then having the actor go down the line with their suitcase while signing pictures on the way to the airport?

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
              In the example I gave above with Joe Flanigan, I know he doesn't have a problem with personalizing as he did so at the 2011 con
              Was 2011 the year he had a hand injury or surgery? I seem to recall him not personalizing for that reason once.

And to quote myself:
              Originally posted by jo2y View Post
              This is happening the same weekend as the Stargate convention and is about a 15m walk from the Westin. http://hollywoodshow.com/mainchicago.php

I've never been to the Chicago one, but the Los Angeles one sometimes has interesting people. The format is different from Creation. I don't believe there are any panels. Instead the guests are at tables most of the weekend for autographs. There are also photo ops, sometimes at the table, and sometimes with a professional photographer.

There's only one person on their guest list currently. I plan to keep watching their site to see who else is going to be there and make a decision if I want to walk over for a hour or two when I see the schedule from Creation.
              So, I've decided I'm not going to go over to the other event. Two reasons, I barely know any of the people on their guest list, and I need to save money for a wedding. So, it's not worth going for me. Anyone else who was thinking about going should still consider it.

Comment

Has anyone else had the Creation experience of them lining attendees up against the wall, having them hold out their picture and then having the actor go down the line with their suitcase while signing pictures on the way to the airport?

Heard about that happening somewhere once yeah...

Was in Vancouver one year when Joe Flanigan was standing at the doorway of the signings hall as we lined up to go past him as he signed.....and no personalisation of course as he had to get away....

Deeds xx
                Last edited by discodiva; 10 August 2014, 03:46 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

*is delighted to find out she's a Whale Shark*.....big and teethful I'm sure....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

I'm sure Michael will try and do some personalising.....he doesn't like to let fans down....

Deeds xx
                    This is nice to know. I don't plan to ask for something to be personalized, but it is nice to know the MS likes to help make the experience meaningful for the fans. The autograph I plan to get and the photo op are really just for me. They likely won't even be shown to anyone else. It is more about capturing the moment in time and remembering every time I plan that DVD of being there and meeting MS in person. I would actually feel extremely weird to try and tell or ask him to write something personal on there. Don't get me wrong.....it would be nice for it to be personal, but I'm not sure I see how dictating what I want MS to write is really anymore personal to me....that's just me though. One of my greatest gifts I still have 20 years later. It was a frog a friend of mine folder out of a piece of scrap paper that was thrown away. It cost nothing but is always a reminder of that friend and that day I left Omaha. It capture the moment in time forever as I'm sure just having MS sign my DVD with my favorite episode will also be a reminder of meeting him. What can I say.....I'm pretty simple.

Comment

Yes....Vancouver and LA

Comment

Was 2011 the year he had a hand injury or surgery? I seem to recall him not personalizing for that reason once.
                        I've checked my photos and, yes, he had a hand injury of some sort (his traffic finger was wrapped up) at the 2011 con, though he was doing personalizations anyway.

Originally posted by allnycole View Post
                        What can I say.....I'm pretty simple.
                        Well, there's nothing wrong with that at all. The experience is supposed to be special to you, so if something seems extravagant or uncomfortable, there's no reason you need to change your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                          Hey fellow con attendees, I'm just putting something out there. I'm looking for anyone with Gold or Silver who might not care about getting an autograph from Jason Momoa to trade with me for ANY of the other complimentary autographs included in the Gold ticket. I'm looking to have a few things signed by Jason since I've never seen him before or may never again, but rather than just buying them, I thought if someone doesn't want theirs but wants extras for other guest we could just do a swap and get something signed for the other person instead. Anyways, let me know if your interested (comment or pm), or let me know if this is confusing and makes no sense and I can clarify what I mean! (my brain is not working a full strength!)
                          I've got his autograph already so you're welcome to the complimentary one. The only thing is that there are no other complimentary ones on the gold ticket that I need an extra of. I was after David Nykl's as I wanted to get the photo op I had taken with him on the Atlantis set signed by him. He is not doing complimentary autographs and it costs $20 to buy a ticket for it. Jason's would be $35 to buy. So, if you're happy to buy me a David Nykl autograph ticket you can have Jason's autograph for $15 less if you find you need to buy an extra autograph ticket for him.

I may still pop over to the Hollywood Show to see Louise Fletcher. Being a DS9 fan it would be great to get a photo with Kai Winn!

Comment

I can say 'maybe'. I saw him last month and a few times before, so I don't think there's anything else I need signed. Come find me in D28/29.
                            Well I'm in D25 so just a couple seats over! Thanks, I'll definitely come find you and if you do decide not to use Jason's your welcome to any of the other ones except Paul McGillion (its spoken for by another trader already). Thanks for getting back to me.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            I've got his autograph already so you're welcome to the complimentary one. The only thing is that there are no other complimentary ones on the gold ticket that I need an extra of. I was after David Nykl's as I wanted to get the photo op I had taken with him on the Atlantis set signed by him. He is not doing complimentary autographs and it costs $20 to buy a ticket for it. Jason's would be $35 to buy. So, if you're happy to buy me a David Nykl autograph ticket you can have Jason's autograph for $15 less if you find you need to buy an extra autograph ticket for him.
                            Thanks so much...If I can't find enough traders to cover all the autographs I want I would definitely take you up on this offer and buy your David Nykl is exchange. I plan to get Nykl's also as I also have a photo op on the set of Atlantis from a few years back to get signed I'm in D25 so hopefully we can find a way to find each other at the con. Thanks again!
                            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                            GateCon Vancouver 2011
                            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Hey all. I need to replace my SG1 hat; the puppy ate mine.

If you're able to pick up a hat for me at the, I'll pay for it and shipping (to California). Can you PM me or email me at polrobin-at-hotmail-dot-com if you can help out? I'll send a pic of the cap to you so you know what to look for.

Thanks in advance, I REALLY appreciate it.

I know this is a bother, but I really love this hat and am ticked about losing it to a teething pup.

Pol
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

can someone tell me where you buy the extra items you want at the convention? Due to the extra charge to buy online I'm planning to wait until the convention to pick up my Saturday ticket as well as my autograph from MS. I've been told they normally don't run out so I'm taking my chances, but not sure where you go to buy those. Also, will I need cash to buy them at the convention or can I still pay by credit card? I normally don't carry much cash so I need to come prepared if that's what I need for those two things. I do realize the other items not from creation like merchandise will require cash and I'm not planning to buy other autographs or picture, just those two things.

Comment

Working...
                                X