Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
    Creation updated the con page today. This was at the top:
    "Our survey: The STARGATE Convention: Should We Continue Events in 2015? has closed. We're still in process of making a final decision and will send out a message via our Stargate e-list and will let you know the final result!"
    I think we can figure out how the poll went. But will Creation honor our wishes to have the Stargate cons continue, and in what capacity?
    sigpic

Comment

They may be waiting to see what the attendance at this one will be. They may also be talking to the celebrities as well. You can't really do a convention if the stars are not interested in coming.

Comment

The conventions would continue depending on MGM and Warner Bros. Creation has to pay to use "Stargate". It probably had a 10 year contract, and it's due to expire.

Comment

There's also the question of logistics - Creation has to book the hotel and necessary rooms - usually these things need to be planned out way ahead of time.
          sigpic

Comment

although creation cons are not exactly my favorites, i hope it continues because i am no longer able to travel for financial and physical reasons. this con is a 15-20 minute drive for me. and it's my only chance to ever see Amanda Tapping again. so i really hope it continues. i really can't believe they didn't invite her for this one. she was surprised too.

Comment

I actually cannot believe they didn't make a serious effort to get the entire original SG-1 team if they truly believed this to be the final convention. Could you imagine how popular that group photo op would have been?

I've got a question about the actual convention center/hotel. What is the air conditioning like? With some people mentioning wearing costumes, some of which don't sound like ideal summer wear, would something like a hockey jersey and long pants (primarily for the photo ops) be considered too warm for comfortable wear?

Comment

Depends on whether the stars or their representatives would agree to do it...everyone knows that Richard Dean Anderson usually aligns himself with Convention companies that have a very strong charitable ethic so he can promote Sea Shepherd....I somehow think this is not quite what Creation do...
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I'm on the other side of the coin, so to speak. With this being the 10th anniversary of SGA I am surprised we didn't get more of the SGA cast. As far as reunions go this selection is pretty stellar, but can you imagine if they had managed to get nearly all of the cast there!
                  Still, I can't complain because the big four are going to be there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                    I actually cannot believe they didn't make a serious effort to get the entire original SG-1 team if they truly believed this to be the final convention. Could you imagine how popular that group photo op would have been?

I agree with you. I think the original SG-1 team would have been perfect. None of the other SG series would have even existed if the original had not been so successful. I think considering it was announced as the last one I'm surprised they didn't make an effort to get more of the original cast. And boy what a photo op that would have been!

Who ever mentioned RDA and him aligning himself with conventions that have more of a charitable side to them...thanks. I didn't even know that about him. I like RDA even though MS is the one I love from the cast, but it is awesome to know that would be RDA's reason to participate.

Comment

I've got a question about the actual convention center/hotel. What is the air conditioning like? With some people mentioning wearing costumes, some of which don't sound like ideal summer wear, would something like a hockey jersey and long pants (primarily for the photo ops) be considered too warm for comfortable wear?
                      A jersey and pants are fine, I usually end up wearing shorts because I find Chicago very hot compared to Calgary.
                      I have worn a Flames jersey in a picture with MS before.......
                      The AC is not bad in the big conference room, just remember there are another 500+ people in there to help heat up the room!

Comment

Originally posted by allnycole View Post
                        I agree with you. I think the original SG-1 team would have been perfect. None of the other SG series would have even existed if the original had not been so successful. I think considering it was announced as the last one I'm surprised they didn't make an effort to get more of the original cast. And boy what a photo op that would have been!

Who ever mentioned RDA and him aligning himself with conventions that have more of a charitable side to them...thanks. I didn't even know that about him. I like RDA even though MS is the one I love from the cast, but it is awesome to know that would be RDA's reason to participate.

RDA has always supported Sea Shepherd in their campaign to fight the injustice done to Whales, Dolphins & any other threatened marine life/mammals....he only started doing conventions so he could publicise this and he is best friends with Sea Shepherd's charismatic leader, Paul Watson.....most con companies that deal with RDA and his reps know that Sea Shepherd and charity is foremost in his mind when choosing them, not their own profiteering from his attendance....

We were honoured and very lucky to have had the chance of a photo op with 3 of them at Fedcon, Rick, Michael and Amanda....not sure that will happen again for quite a long time or even the four of them...
                        Last edited by discodiva; 13 July 2014, 03:41 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I've found at times the air conditioning to be on a bit high, but I am one of those people who gets cold easily (but I live in AZ). August in Chicago can be a little warm outside for some. I always recommend dressing in layers.
                          sigpic

Comment

We are coming up close to just one month away. Getting excited yet?

Comment

Originally posted by allnycole View Post
                              We are coming up close to just one month away. Getting excited yet?
                              Yes!

Comment

Can't believe how quickly we've got to being just a month away! Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X