No announcement yet.

stargate chicago 2012 creation convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael starts filming his new series "Saving Hope" in March - he will be commuting from Vancouver to Toronto weekly (as far as we are aware or supposing atm)...I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to spend his weekends when he is not working/filming and his "free time/holiday" away from TO, with his family....Dusseldorf is a long way off and there is always time to cancel which fans have to factor in around work commitments....IF, and only if of course, "Saving Hope" does take off he might not be around to do ANY Stargate cons for a while, so I advise you not to get your hopes up...

The same goes for Amanda, she is very committed to Sanctuary and her other projects now, she, too may not have the time or the inclination to attend any Creation cons atm...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Chuck Campbell has been added. He's appearing on the Friday.
      "What Would Sheppard Do?"
      LJ | Twitter

Comment

7 months to going and we have 10 guests! It should become a great con

Comment

Originally posted by wwsd View Post
          Chuck Campbell has been added. He's appearing on the Friday.
          Chuck is sooooooooo awesome and really funny!

I 'd love to see David Blue, Tori Higgenson and Patrick Gilmore!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Chuck and Joe on stage together could be hysterical if it were possible.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clairesvendsen View Post
              I just really hope they get more SG-1 stars. Like Michael Shanks or Amanda Tapping. Maybe one or two from SGU as well. :-)
              Wasn't it '09 when AT appeared? I bought a Gold pass for that event and it was great. With Creation claiming that Chicago is the last official Stargate con in the world (according to their site) I'd hope more actors would try to make an appearance if possible. Would be fantastic.

That being said, I'm hoping to come up on the Saturday for the day. Ryro, Jewel, Rachel, Torri.. all scheduled that day so pretty excited.

Comment

Excited that Torri will be there, but wish she'd be on Sunday with Joe. Still, it will be a good 'women of Atlantis'
                sigpic

Comment

We are two people short of perfection. Jason and David. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Wasn't it '09 when AT appeared? I bought a Gold pass for that event and it was great. With Creation claiming that Chicago is the last official Stargate con in the world (according to their site) I'd hope more actors would try to make an appearance if possible. Would be fantastic.

That being said, I'm hoping to come up on the Saturday for the day. Ryro, Jewel, Rachel, Torri.. all scheduled that day so pretty excited.

Yep it was 09 - a very good Con...Michael was there too....it was also the last time it was held at the Wyndham I think....I had a room that was on the 12th floor, with a faulty door lock which meant that I had to go back to the reception to change it about a dozen times, and had a window directly under the flight path at O'Hare which was cracked and held together with silver duct tape........I felt very "MacGyver-ish" I can tell you!...

In spite of that I had a blast!...and fell in love with Chicago at the same time......I haven't been back but would love to return one day....

Of course it's not just the actors that have to try and make the appearances, the right amount of money has to be there for them too.....as much as they love the fans, they don't do these things for free or "cut price" bargains......I guess Creation has to weigh up the budget when deciding who is, or isn't, going to come....

That being said, I'd love to come, but budgets this year are tight and there are other places in the world/UK/Europe I want to travel to.....but I'm lucky that I saw Michael in Paris last year and it's only about 5-6 weeks until I see Amanda in England...

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                      Excited that Torri will be there, but wish she'd be on Sunday with Joe. Still, it will be a good 'women of Atlantis'
                      Wait a minute. Is she confirmed? Cause this might change my vacation plans if I can see her and Joe on the same weekend.

Comment

Yeah! Torri's coming!

Now if we can get David Blue!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I must also express my EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT that Creation failed to book Torri and Joe on the same day. The two original leaders of Atlantis reunited on stage? This should've been a no-brainer. I have been waiting to get a photo op with Joe, Torri, and the "Before I Sleep" pot ever since I won it during the Propworx live auctions, but without having to go overseas to do it (I hate flying), and I'm seriously irked that I've now been thwarted in my quest for the third year in a row. Grr.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I must also express my EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT that Creation failed to book Torri and Joe on the same day. The two original leaders of Atlantis reunited on stage? This should've been a no-brainer. I have been waiting to get a photo op with Joe, Torri, and the "Before I Sleep" pot ever since I won it during the Propworx live auctions, but without having to go overseas to do it (I hate flying), and I'm seriously irked that I've now been thwarted in my quest for the third year in a row. Grr.
                            After the success of the Joe and Torri appearance at HalfCon, I would have thought it would be an easy decision to capitalize on that success. We want them together, not a day apart. Please Creation, do their fans a favor and reschedule one of them.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              After the success of the Joe and Torri appearance at HalfCon, I would have thought it would be an easy decision to capitalize on that success. We want them together, not a day apart. Please Creation, do their fans a favor and reschedule one of them.
                              Agreed. Saturday's schedule looks pretty full with five guests on the list, while Sunday currently only has Joe, Paul and David Nykl. Moving Torri to Sunday might relieve some pressure on Saturday. Plus, hello, they can make more money on an "Original Leaders of Atlantis" dual photo op.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I hope they offer a Torri, Jewel, Rachel goup photo op on Saturday and a Joe, David, Paul one on Sunday!

They have a really fun line-up this year!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X