Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate chicago 2012 creation convention

hi all:
    as usual cant wait for next years stargate con. gold passes went on sale today september 7th,2011. who does everyone wanna see?? i vote for michael shanks, joe and david, jason momoa, rachel luttrell for starters. i allready have my gold pass and will be seated again in D10. james from chicago.

Am I allowed to say I officially dislike Creation? I wished they would have waited with the tickets. I'm running out of money...

But, since this year Chicago was the best con I've ever attended, I want to come back. Even with no guest announcements so far.

And I like to have a seat in one of the front rows. So, waiting wasn't really an option. If my order goes through (there were some troubles the first time), I'm in row A.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
      Am I allowed to say I officially dislike Creation? I wished they would have waited with the tickets. I'm running out of money...

But, since this year Chicago was the best con I've ever attended, I want to come back. Even with no guest announcements so far.

And I like to have a seat in one of the front rows. So, waiting wasn't really an option. If my order goes through (there were some troubles the first time), I'm in row A.
      Hey great! My order went through, although they put the charge through twice and bunged up my credit card. Lucky for me, both charges didn't go through. I did receive my PDF the other day, so hopefully you'll get yours soon. Do you remember what seat you got? I'm in A8.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
        Hey great! My order went through, although they put the charge through twice and bunged up my credit card. Lucky for me, both charges didn't go through. I did receive my PDF the other day, so hopefully you'll get yours soon. Do you remember what seat you got? I'm in A8.
        Oh, so you didn't buy your ticket at the con already?

And yes, the second time worked. Got my order confirmation. The seat I picked the first time was still available: A27, the same side like this year.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
          Oh, so you didn't buy your ticket at the con already?

And yes, the second time worked. Got my order confirmation. The seat I picked the first time was still available: A27, the same side like this year.
          Oh, I did buy my ticket at the con. I was just waiting for them to charge my card, and found they'd tried to charge my card twice.
          sigpic

Comment

So happy! Booked my ticket for Chicago for 2012. Even moved up a row and over a few seats! yeah!! Had such a blast the last 2 years, just have to go again!
            Purple's Biggest Fan
            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Ha James, I was wondering when you would start this thread. Can't wait for the guest list to come out. I had just as much fun being with my friends as I did with the guests at this year's con.
              One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

hiya~~ I can't believe it's actually happening... Just got my Golden Package Ticket <3 Coming to Chicago straight from UK!! Finally I could afford a bloody trip to USA *tears of happiness* got a seat in a row D *^^* I've heard the Chocago con is absolutely awesome and it was my dream to go one day... it's finally coming true <3 I just really *really* hope Hewlett is gonna be there!! And don't even get me started on others I wanna see haha! Looking forward to meeting other fans as well!!
                sigpic

Comment

Hey. Booked my gold ticket today. Seat E20.
                  I'll be flying Copenhagen-Chicago, i expect.
                  Can't wait to see all of it.
                  Hope to make a few friends in here before the convention, so I'll have a few contacts and maybe familiar faces when I arrive from tiny Denmark.

Comment

Hi James!! Patricia speaking here!
                    Things are changing for the best for me & as soon as I get enough money, I'll buy my Gold Ticket too!!! I'm gonna work hard to attend ChiCon
                    I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Comment

Hurry then. One third of the tickets are already gone :-)
                      I'm so excited as well. Got the eticket yesterday, and i haven't been able to focus on anything but going weeeeee all day. You wouldn't believe I'm past 30y by the way I'm acting these days!

A question: can't probees have pictures on their profile?

Claire

Comment

Hey everybody.

I'm an old Stargate fan (from way back starting with the original movie), and I'm going to my first convention in Chicago 2012. I got my Gold ticket yesterday :-)

Fill me in, please:
                        - Do you bring your own things to get signed or do you get a picture at the stand, which the actors signs? Any really good ideas to what to get signed.

- Do you team up before a convention with people in here, and then meet up at the convention.

- Anything I should know or prep before going? Good ideas. What to get, what not to at the con.

I know about etiquette, so i'm not looking for that kind of advice, thank you.;-)

Hope you experienced SG fans will help me out here.

Thanks
                        Claire

Comment

Originally posted by clairesvendsen View Post
                          Hurry then. One third of the tickets are already gone :-)
                          I'm so excited as well. Got the eticket yesterday, and i haven't been able to focus on anything but going weeeeee all day. You wouldn't believe I'm past 30y by the way I'm acting these days!

A question: can't probees have pictures on their profile?

Claire
                          I'll do as fast as I can! But if I'm not Gold, I won't die but I'll be mad! As long as I can attend, I'll be more than happy!!!

Yes, probie can have picture on their personal profile, but if you mean an avatar on the forum profile, you can only use those that are proposed. You can download your own avatar only when you reach 2000 messages.

Comment

Welcome!

I hope you have a great time, I wish I could afford to check out the Chicago con but I don't have that much disposable funds to play with.

Originally posted by clairesvendsen View Post
                            - Do you bring your own things to get signed or do you get a picture at the stand, which the actors signs? Any really good ideas to what to get signed.
                            You can bring an item to get signed or you can buy photos in the vendors' area, which usually go for $6 for an 8x10. If you want a hard plastic sleeve to protect it, they're generally $1 per sleeve. Personally, I wouldn't go for the sleeve as they can be a pain to get the photos in and an even bigger pain to get them out should you have the need to do so. Personally, I would invest in these for any 8x10 storage needs.

- Anything I should know or prep before going? Good ideas. What to get, what not to at the con.
                            Keep an eye on Creation's page for the con. If you're interested in photo ops, there are often ones which are popular and could sell out before the convention, most commonly these involve group shots. What I like to do is get everything I need as soon as possibles (photos, autograph/photo op tickets) so I don't have to scramble at the last minute, especially with photo ops as the lines can get quite long and a late arrival could translate into a lengthy wait.

I'm not sure how the set-up generally goes in the States, but payment for cons in Vancouver have been limited to either cash or credit cards, as their system hasn't particularly liked debit cards, so having a supply of cash on hand is always a plus. You never know what kind of deals you can score in the auctions. You may see an autographed photo you want in the vendors' area which you might win (among others, usually) for a great deal in an auction. For example, at the Vancouver Star Trek con in July, I managed to win a Stargate set of signed photos for $40 and the approximate retail value was $400. They'll never go above retail, though, so if you really want a set which is popular with other bidders you can bid retail and take it without any hassle.

Comment

Here is the Creation Chicago 2012 thread. You can connect with other people going

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ion-convention

If you are going to a Creation convention, unless you want to pay a $7.75 extra fee for each item you pre-order on-line, I would wait until the convention to get the photo ops and extra autographs not covered by the Gold Ticket.

Creations photo op lines actually go pretty well and as long as you show up in time, you will get your photo op. I've never seen a Creation photo op get sold out. I've only once experienced an autograph getting sold out and that was due to the actor having to be gone by a certain time and even then the actor was gracious enough to sign more autographs and cut his travel arrangements close.

There are cash machines available to get Cash but you can also do alot with a credit/debit card. Creation does accept those for payment and so do most of the vendors at the convention and the resturants in the area.

Also, watch for your thread to get merged into the Chicago 2012 thread!
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                              X