Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Hi Grace!! I do just because I am THAT addicted to this thread. I'm okay. Up earlier than normal so I'm GWing and doing dishes to stay awake. How are you?
    Lol!! Good morning then.
    I'm doing well, a bit tired. We had a thunderstorm last night, which was awesome. It just interrupted my sleep.
    I've got about 1.5 hrs till my next class.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    I'm good. Enjoying the quiet while watching at SGA and working on banners. I started Ch 4 of ATAP but felt like I'd lost Carson's voice. So I'm watching a series of Carson-heavy episodes to get his voice back.
    Quiet is good.
    Hopefully that helps. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hey, have you guys heard of Lifelight?

Comment

I have resubscribed. I went to each of the threads I'm on, unsubscribed, and resubscribed.

Maybe we need to email the mods and see if they know what to do?
      Maybe it's a glitch they're already working on?? I don't know.

I'm good. Enjoying the quiet while watching at SGA and working on banners. I started Ch 4 of ATAP but felt like I'd lost Carson's voice. So I'm watching a series of Carson-heavy episodes to get his voice back.
      That's a good idea. I need to start working on chapter 10 again.

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Have not heard of Lifelight.

And, FYI, I just posted the question about the posts on the "Ask the Mods" thread. Hopefully I'll have an answer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
          Lol!! Good morning then.
          I'm doing well, a bit tired. We had a thunderstorm last night, which was awesome. It just interrupted my sleep.
          I've got about 1.5 hrs till my next class.

Quiet is good.
          Hopefully that helps. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hey, have you guys heard of Lifelight?
          I haven't. I've heard of Medflight but since that's a business here I'm highly doubting that's what you're talking about.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Maybe it's a glitch they're already working on?? I don't know.

That's a good idea. I need to start working on chapter 10 again.
            Would you like a teaser for Ch 4?

Comment

And, FYI, I just posted the question about the posts on the "Ask the Mods" thread. Hopefully I'll have an answer soon.
              Can you give me a link to that thread? I have a question for them.

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Can you give me a link to that thread? I have a question for them.
                Yep. Here's the thread's first page.

Comment

I haven't. I've heard of Medflight but since that's a business here I'm highly doubting that's what you're talking about.
                  Oh, its a gathering of a bunch of Christian bands (Reliant K, Jeremy Camp ect...) for a free concert in South Dakota. And I'm going!!!! I'm soooo excited!!

Comment

Oh, its a gathering of a bunch of Christian bands (Reliant K, Jeremy Camp ect...) for a free concert in South Dakota. And I'm going!!!! I'm soooo excited!!
                    Nice! I'd be excited, too! I wanna go!!!!!

Comment

Nice! I'd be excited, too! I wanna go!!!!!
                      Oh, its going to be awesome!!! *happydance*

Comment

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree, Grace.

Okay, since you don't do email notices, how do you stay up on new posts? Just refresh the page?

Comment

Would you like a teaser for Ch 4?
                          I would I would I would.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

I would I would I would.

Okay, here it is, unedited and rough, but. . . . .
                            Spoiler:
                            Josahlyn felt her wrist twist painfully toward the back of her head and bit her lip to keep from crying out. The stranger in their home stank of sweat and ale, and his black clothing had seen better days. Carson stood in the barred rear door of the house with her mother behind him. Diedre cowered against the door and whimpered, but she'd calmed from the way she'd been shrieking. Carson stared at the intruder, his hands at his side and his jaw clenched. For a man who generally had a sparkle in his eyes, it looked quite deadly.

“Let her go.” Even the tone of his voice had dropped along with his chin.

The intruder laughed. “Or what?” He twisted Josahlyn's wrist again, and something gave. She couldn't keep the cry of pain from escaping.

When it did, Carson's chin dipped slightly so that he stared out of the tops of his eyes. “Let. Her. Go,” he ordered, taking time to enunciate each word.

“No.” The intruder sounded as if he were discussing the weather. “Now, you're gonna get me all your food stores, some warm clothing, and I might take this pretty thing. . . .” He turned toward Josahlyn because she smelled his breath get stronger. “. . .off your hands.”

“You'll do no such thing.”

“And who's gonna stop me? You?” Clearly despising Carson, the intruder turned Josahlyn toward the bedroom. “Come on in here and show me which clothes you want me to take.”

Several things happened next. Josahlyn felt tears spring to her eyes when her injured wrist was turned. The intruder began forcing her toward Diedre's room, who began screaming again. And Carson moved. The intruder's head bounced forward and into Josahlyn's, but he pushed her away from him. She impacted the corner of the door with her face, but, by the time she turned, the intruder had shaken off the blow. Carson stood in the kitchen, staring at the fire poker as if he'd never seen it in his life. That gave the intruder a chance to charge him. The two went down in the kitchen, bounced off of Diedre's chair, and rolled on the floor. Carson exchanged blows as best as he could, but he wasn't a fighter. Before long, the intruder had Carson flat on his back in a strangle-hold.

Ironically, Diedre ended the fight. She shuffled over to the fireplace, picked up the shovel that Josahlyn used to clean ashes from the fireplace, and brought it down flat-side first into the intruder's head. Much like Josahlyn imagined Carson having just done. Carson saw the danger and kicked the intruder, resulting in the hands around his neck loosening enough that he could roll out of the way. But the distraction gave Diedre the chance to hit the guy a second time. He flopped onto the floor, unconscious, and Carson moved quickly to prevent Diedre from hitting him a third time.

Diedre blinked at Carson. “Stranger?”

“Aye,” Carson said with a rueful grin and rough voice. “Stranger.”

He glanced at Josahlyn, who was still frozen in place next to her mother's door. She wanted to move but couldn't. Not yet. Diedre showed signs of becoming agitated again, but she just could not break the pose she'd taken. Carson saw the signs, however, and pushed to his feet. He gently took the shovel from Diedre's hands and guided the woman back to her chair. Diedre still eyed him suspiciously, but she accepted her yarn and began working on the afghan she'd started earlier that day. Then, Carson went and dragged the intruder from the home.

Josahlyn watched all of this almost uncaringly while her mind whirled. A stranger had come into her home, tried to take their winter stores—and her—and she had not a clue how it had happened. If Carson had not been there. . . .

Comment

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree, Grace.

Okay, since you don't do email notices, how do you stay up on new posts? Just refresh the page?
                              I use My Controls. It lists all your subscriptions there, and then I don't have a bunch of notices in my inbox.

Comment

I use My Controls. It lists all your subscriptions there, and then I don't have a bunch of notices in my inbox.
                                Yeah, the problem is I'm having to physically refresh the page every few moments.

Comment

Working...
                                X