Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should all get together for a Stargate Friday night to see if we can stand each other first, lol. Before committing to 3 hour car rides

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
      There is an official Stargate convention in vancouver April 15-17th. Go check out http://www.creationent.com/ for all the details! I don't know if it conflicts with Sakuracon...thats something my hubby would know, he's the anime fan...
      $600!!!

This is one con I will be sure to skip. You can't even take pictures while touring! What kind of crap is that

Anyways, Sakuracon dates do not conflict, and is a LOT more affordable, but is at the other end of the entertainment spectrum, heh.

It's sad that only gold package is available for tickets. Why make a color coded phase system if there is only the most tricked out and expensive phase available? Kind of wierd if you ask me. As well, RDA isn't there, and I would really like to talk to him again and follow-up about my questions I asked him last time I spoke with him.

Comment

RDA hasn't ever done a convention, and if he did, I think he'd do one where all the profits went to charity, like Gatecon which used to do set tours including picture taking, before MGM sold the idea to the highest bidder...

You might want to check out Gatecon... sounds like it might suit you better.
        My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

I completely agree with Teshka about how we should do a little meet and greet of our own before heading up to Vancouver together. That is, if everyone is willing and able, I think it would be fun. The hardest thing would be finding a suitable place to host a little Sci-Fi Friday fun, any volunteers? I would but I am living with a friend and it's her house, not mine.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
          Photobucket

Comment

I'd love to meet up with other Seattle area fans, but I can tell you now, I probably won't be able to. But I'd be looking forward to seeing any of you in Vancouver, since I will be there in April.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Okay now you have made me curious...care to share why you wouldn't be able to meet up with any of us before Vancouver? Just wondering..I am like a cat, way too damn curious for my own good.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
                Okay now you have made me curious...care to share why you wouldn't be able to meet up with any of us before Vancouver? Just wondering..I am like a cat, way too damn curious for my own good.
                Well, if you meet on a Friday, I can't. I take the kids to Karate and have to record the show and watch it later in the evening.

sigpic

Comment

See, this is why I'm looking forward to the convention - I'm eager to meet some other folks who enjoy the show as much as I do. Although I haven't done a public search or anything, as far as I know, there aren't any here where I live (home of the Oregon State Beavers!). You guys in Seattle - have fun connecting!! I'll see you in Vancouver!

Blessings,
                  OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Ahh I see, kids do have a habit of needing run places and stuff. But hey karate is a good thing. I have been practicing in a karate system for 7 years and it's something that I enjoy and I cherish the friends that I made and the lessons that I have learned. It is something that I think every kid should try, it does increase self esteem and confidence. What system do your kids practice in and where?

The Universe is Mad
                    Photobucket

Comment

Wow, karate... my comp picked a bad time to crash, lol. Now I'm not even in the right topic anymore. But hey, I'm on my dad's comp right now, so all worries wash away ...

I'd love to do a meet and greet with all you other Seattle folks, but unless the other ticket prices are waaay lower than the Gold, then I seriously doubt I can make it to Vancouver.

I have a friend in Oregon, and I might go over and visit sometime during the summer. If you don't mind me asking, Jen, where in Oregon do you live?
                      DANIEL: "What're you doing?"
                      JACK: "Thinking, Daniel. Don't worry about it too much."

Comment

Hey, Hatshepsut - welcome! I hope you can get together with the folks in Seattle, and maybe make it to Vancouver too - they say there will be tickets at other prices besides the Gold pkg, but so far I haven't seen any.

I live in Corvallis - it's about 80 or so miles south of Portland (and about 5 hours south of Seattle, I think).
                        OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

My friend lives in Beaverton ... somewhere over by Portland ...
                          Too bad you don't live closer, we could all meet somewhere.

Right now I'm on one of the kiddie's computers at the library ... I'm surprised I can log into anything ... they don't even allow you go to to google or yahoo!
                          DANIEL: "What're you doing?"
                          JACK: "Thinking, Daniel. Don't worry about it too much."

Comment

well...I know we had another thread in here about this but I and two others are flying into Seatle and kidnapping DJF to drive us all to Vancouver

So we have a group of four that are planning to have some fun come April

WOO HOO !!
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              well...I know we had another thread in here about this but I and two others are flying into Seatle and kidnapping DJF to drive us all to Vancouver

So we have a group of four that are planning to have some fun come April

WOO HOO !!
                              Ya well, kidnapping huh????

I should find that other thread because Ship Mum was getting a list of those going in April to have an informal GW get together sometime over the weekend.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                                Ya well, kidnapping huh????

I should find that other thread because Ship Mum was getting a list of those going in April to have an informal GW get together sometime over the weekend.
                                well...I thought THAT could be your excuse when we are late because we can't get to stop talking to Micheal
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X