• Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a SGA S2 marathon on right now. YAY
    "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Hi all.

I haven't logged on to this site for MONTHS, but I just popped in to say that this is a fabulous idea! I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to participate since work is crazy-busy, but I'll definitely consider it. I did my own marathon last year & would love to do another one. Although, I wouldn't be joining in the SGU leg of the re-watch, since I'm not really a fan & don't have any of the episodes. My SG-1 & SGA box sets are sitting there looking at me, though....

Feel the love.
      dolfyn.
      Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Welcome to Gateworld. The Stargate re-watch begins on August 1st. You can find the schedule here http://www.gateworld.net/news/stargate-rewatch/
        Thanks!

Entertaining, community building, and educational!
        There's no better way... Watching a favorite soap and learning english ^^.

Comment

I cant wait!

Comment

I'm on the Stargate team at the fitness online community of SparkPeople.com, and I'm organizing folks there to join in the rewatch with a fitness twist: For every minute of rewatch we do, we have to have that many minutes of some sort of fitness activity. For those folks doing the complete rewatch, it'll be quite a challenge with season 1 of SG-1 being 882 minutes! Some people are going to get on a treadmill or elliptical while they watch, while others are just going to match their minutes. We'll be discussing which shows we watch there, and I've been encouraging everyone to check out Gateworld.

Please feel free to check us out and send me any questions you have through the SparkPeople.com web site. I have the same user name there as here: Leydhawk.

Join us in the fitness fun!

-Liane

Comment

Great idea, Liane! I love it.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Im really worried about the stargate rewatch at the moment Darren. It seems to me for this to be successful you are going to have to be able to have the podcast out every week.

If if gets delays the rewatch will lose momentum and will eventually just end.

I hope this doesnt happen!
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

The Rewatch is not meant to be at all tied to the podcast. In theory, there could be no podcast at all. The Rewatch is a community event that should focus on the interaction that takes place via the forum, Facebook, Twitter, et al.

On the main site, we'll be doing feature stories and polls specific to each season. The podcasts and episode commentaries are just one piece of the overall project.

Comment

Are the commentries the official ones off the DVD's - done by the actors, directors etc or will they be done by the gateworld team?

Comment

Oh right, I thought you were going to be talking about the episodes in the podcast, like 3-4 a week or something.
                      Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                      Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Good idea, I'm going to try to keep up with this event, I haven't done a chronological rewatch of SG-1 ever, just my original run and then reruns in no particular order.
                        sigpic

Comment

The commentaries will be brand new "fan commentaries" on one or two select episodes each month / season. Mainly me and David. But we also have some special guests (actors) lined up to join us from time to time!

Otherwise, for the normal podcast I actually don't anticipate that we'll talk a whole lot about the current season of the Rewatch -- maybe as one segment, prior to the main discussion topic for that show. Instead, we'll be pointing listeners to the podcasts we've already done devoted to that season of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Leydhawk View Post
                            I'm on the Stargate team at the fitness online community of SparkPeople.com, and I'm organizing folks there to join in the rewatch with a fitness twist: For every minute of rewatch we do, we have to have that many minutes of some sort of fitness activity. For those folks doing the complete rewatch, it'll be quite a challenge with season 1 of SG-1 being 882 minutes! Some people are going to get on a treadmill or elliptical while they watch, while others are just going to match their minutes. We'll be discussing which shows we watch there, and I've been encouraging everyone to check out Gateworld.

Please feel free to check us out and send me any questions you have through the SparkPeople.com web site. I have the same user name there as here: Leydhawk.

Join us in the fitness fun!

-Liane

Excellent idea!
                            sigpic
                            Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                            Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Originally posted by Leydhawk View Post
                              I'm on the Stargate team at the fitness online community of SparkPeople.com... <snipped for lenth>
                              You must have read my mind! I need a regular show for distracting me while I'm using my exercise bike, and the rewatch will be it!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm getting ridiculously excited about this rewatch! : ) I came into SG late in the game...so this is going to be cool watching it in order with tons of other fans at the same time! I'm practically giddy! I haven't been watching any episodes lately to make it even more awesome to anticipate...though I lost my willpower and watched Spirits last week. : )
                                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X