Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GW "way" to watch SG1 then SG-A then?

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
      That is the way Darren explained to me. But that was a few months ago so his stance may have changed
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
        As Darren said in this....http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...-at-gateworld/

We’ll be rewatching ten seasons of SG-1, five seasons of Atlantis, and two seasons of SGU in that order. (No confusing overlapping of SG-1 and Atlantis, as they originally aired.) That’s an amazing 354 episodes of great science fiction.
        This is how I'm going to do it. Just happily concentrate on each series, one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          As Darren said in this....http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...-at-gateworld/

This is how I'm going to do it. Just happily concentrate on each series, one at a time.

I agree. While watching the two shows in chronological order would be cool, I'd much rather devote my full attention to one show at a time. They're both so good, that I'd hate to do otherwise.

Comment

Fair enough, 8x05 here we come..

Comment

ok I'm so jealous of everyone who's on schedule with the rewatch.
              Due to, well, LIFE I am just now getting to finish season 1. ugh!!

Oh well at least this is my fourth time through the series so it will be easier to plow through it a bit quicker...skipping the less awesome episodes
              sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
              Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
              GateCon Vancouver 2011
              Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Season 7 done. Certainly one of my favourites, although the second half of the season begins to wander. Curiously, the lack of Richard Dean Anderson throughout this and season 6 was a lot more noticable to me this time around - it never seemed much of an issue before, but having it pointed out to me in places such as commentary tracks and here, I saw it clear as day. Anyway, my personal ratings breakdown:

Season 1: 6.4
                Season 2: 6.6
                Season 3: 7.35
                Season 4: 7.65
                Season 5: 7.6
                Season 6: 6.8
                Season 7: 7.45

Now, I am deviating from the official Rewatch schedule (ignoring the fact that I was already a little ahead anyway), and I am going to alternate SG-1 and Atlantis chronologically. This is the part of the whole thing I've been looking forward to the most. I've got Atlantis on blu-ray, so I'm excited about seeing those episodes in HD for the first time.

While I am quite familiar with season 1 of Atlantis, I haven't seen most season 8 SG-1 episodes in a good seven years.
                Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 27 January 2012, 01:21 PM.
                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

S6 done! Will probably start S7 tomorrow!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    Here is King Knut as I call him!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32427[/ATTACH]

Be interesting to see if anyone can spot him, if indeed he ever made an appearance on screen. He's a bit damaged and looks as if he was holding something at one point in the broken hand.
                    I've finally spotted King Knut on screen! (The prop I bought at the Stargate liquidation sale at the studios)

He appears in 'Full Circle' in the pyramid's hidden chamber. At least I found out he was holding a string of beads. It's great to see that he was used in a scene in Stargate. Shame the lighting didn't allow him to be seen clearly, and how wonderfully detailed he is. It's great to actually see how much work and attention to detail went into an item that was on screen for such a short time.

Knew the re-watch would help me find him!

Can't believe we've finished season 6 already!

Comment

Congrats, Krisz! I'm so glad you found him -I had been wondering if I would see him (I haven't rewatched that ep yet).
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Season 7! Yay cant believe it the time passes so quickly! Great season 6!! One of my favs. Miss Jonas though

Comment

Where should we be upto now, I'm on the last leg of season 8 here..
                          Reckoning is next for me..

Comment

By coincidence Im on season 7 right now. Do you guys do these rewatches very orderly or burn through the season at will and then talk about it?
                            I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
                            -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

I should finish season 6 this weekend thank god
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I probably watch 5/6 episodes a week at the mo, just hitting the end of S8 now..

Originally posted by DustyBadger View Post
                                By coincidence Im on season 7 right now. Do you guys do these rewatches very orderly or burn through the season at will and then talk about it?

Comment

Working...
                                X