Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen most of Smallville now, and I'd say that it is worth watching. But, beware, not all parts are great; some parts are cheesy enough to make you wonder why you continue. Then, you get to a great part, and you go, "oh yeah, that's why...."

Comment

i'm also one of those "lurkers" who just went to Gateworld to find information on an episode. I'm usually the quiet one--but this is so cool, I just can't help myself. I'm also crazy enough to catch by watching by watching all of season 1 this weekend!

Well, on to watching!

Comment

Welcome former lurkers...

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          Welcome former lurkers...
          I'll just say "ditto" to the above post. I love the fact that so many people are joining Gateworld for the rewatch.
          sigpic

Comment

After a month of the rewatch, I have to say I'm loving it. My main feeling now is that one season a month is too slow! I'm going to struggle to pace myself if I keep enjoying it as much as I am. I can't wait for the DVDs with the commentary tracks to start, to slow me down if nothing else.

It's strange, I've had these DVDs sitting on my shelves for years, but I never feel the impetus to watch them until something like this happens.

Another surprising this is that I had forgotten what happened in many episodes, despite the early seasons being the ones I felt most familiar with. Once we get to around SG-1 season 7 I feel like I will be far less familiar, as I believe I've only seen those episodes once, upon their original broadcast.
            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Actually fell behind and wrapped up Season 1 this morning. School started on the 22nd and I looked up and all of a sudden it was September and I had two episodes to go, lol.

But I'm using this holiday weekend to catch up a bit, give myself a bit of cushion for September and Season Two is one of my favorites so I'm right back in the swing of things
              sigpic

Comment

I"ve decided to join the rewatch...had a rather rushed view of season 1 the other day & have season 2 out & ready to be viewed. Hubby & watched Prisoners this arvo. Tomorrow I shall watch Gamekeeper...love Dwight Schultz!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think I'm going to sit out season 2; I got bored of season 1 fairly quickly (having already watched up until about mid-season 3 in July), and that combined with lack of time meant I never finished the first season during the rewatch and haven't yet started the second.

I'll probably resume next month with season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
                    i'm also one of those "lurkers" who just went to Gateworld to find information on an episode. I'm usually the quiet one--but this is so cool, I just can't help myself. I'm also crazy enough to catch by watching by watching all of season 1 this weekend!

Well, on to watching!
                    i used to be a lurker until i started watching Universe Season 2 live and had to talk about it because it was so awesome. Welcome to the forums, also the Stargate Rewatch is awesome, 14 episodes in one day, i think im taking it a little too fast. Oh well i can just watch each season twice, or maybe 3 times in a month.
                    Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

Originally posted by Zarggg View Post
                      I think I'm going to sit out season 2; I got bored of season 1 fairly quickly (having already watched up until about mid-season 3 in July), and that combined with lack of time meant I never finished the first season during the rewatch and haven't yet started the second.

I'll probably resume next month with season 3.
                      We let you slide as long as you come back! IT only gets better!
                      www.stitchsloft.com
                      For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                      "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                      www.scifihero.net

Comment

Thanks to Netflix and a shiny new upgrade on my phone, I've decided to join in with the rewatch as well. Wasn't able before because of my two jobs, but I'm more than able now and very happy about that fact.

Soo..I saw the main link about the rewatch and the schedule. Are we basically just watching on our own? Is there no discussion? Also, I assume we've started Season 2 since it's the beginning of the month.

Comment

Yep...we're on to season 2...I think it's a watch at your own pace & post if you want.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Yep...we're on to season 2...I think it's a watch at your own pace & post if you want.
                            Hmm, okay then. I guess that makes it easier and with less pressure if you have a rather busy week or if there's an episode that you don't really like and would rather skip. Thanks!

Comment

I'm sticking to an episode a weekday, that leaves weekends to catch up any episodes I get behind with if things get busy during the week.

I have decided to watch all the episodes, even the ones I'd really like to skip. It will be harder with SGA because I didn't get into that as much as SG-1 and SGU. I got bored by the middle of season 2 with SGA on its first airing and I also moved to Canada from the UK around the time the 2nd half of season 2 was still airing and SGA was only available on a premium channel then and I wasn't going to spend the extra to get the channel. I didn't watch it again until I bought the DVD's when season 5 started airing, to give it a go, and even then I didn't watch every episode. However, I'm approaching the rewatch with an open mind and I'll be watching SGA in its entirety, even all the bits I've skipped in the past.

Comment

When you get to Atlantis, do what I plan to do and alternate it chronologically with SG-1 (from season 8 onwards). It might make it easier to digest for you. Atlantis was probably my favourite Stargate show, though.
                                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Working...
                                X