This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah mate...get some sleep
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

RE: The Stargate Rewatch Fitness Strength Challenge

For week 3 we're adding a strength rep for every time Carter explains anything.

I have the count for Fire and Water: 16

Keep it up, folks!

Everyone is welcome to post here about what they're doing for the Fitness Challenge, or to come on over to Sparkpeople.com and check out the Stargate Team there (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g...individual.asp). You have to join to post, but it's always FREE, and everyone is welcome!

-Liane

Comment

I finished re-watching "The Torment of Tantalus" yesterday. One of my absolutely favorite episodes, that I enjoy watching again, and again. Next, "Bloodlines" and "Fire and Water." I'm going to try and watch both episodes today.

One of the interesting things about doing the re-watch is actually watching my least favorite episodes, something I haven't done for years, in the case of some episodes. I find I'm more tolerant of viewing those episodes, although they are not, and never will be, favorites of mine.
        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

I have the count for The Nox: 16

(I have been following the order of my dvds for my count, so I'm sorry if it's messing anyone up who's following the GW list!)

Keep it up, folks!

Everyone is welcome to post here about what they're doing for the Fitness Challenge, or to come on over to Sparkpeople.com and check out the Stargate Team there (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g...individual.asp). You have to join to post, but it's always FREE, and everyone is welcome!

-Liane

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
            I finished re-watching "The Torment of Tantalus" yesterday. One of my absolutely favorite episodes, that I enjoy watching again, and again. Next, "Bloodlines" and "Fire and Water." I'm going to try and watch both episodes today.

One of the interesting things about doing the re-watch is actually watching my least favorite episodes, something I haven't done for years, in the case of some episodes. I find I'm more tolerant of viewing those episodes, although they are not, and never will be, favorites of mine.
            I'm finding that I'm enjoying watching my least favourite episodes again, and like you have become more tolerant of them with the passing of time. I hardly remembered 'Bloodlines' I think I've only ever watched that once! It was like watching a new episode, I'd forgotten most of it. I even didn't mind watching 'Emancipation' again, I remember not really liking that at all when I first watched it.

My nice little re-watch routine has been interrupted by work! Grrrr, this RL thing!!! Working full time this week to cover vacations. At least it's more money. Downside, my commute home turns from 25mins into an hour! Not much of the day left as I can't stay awake past 10pm due to having to get up at 6am!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              I'm finding that I'm enjoying watching my least favourite episodes again, and like you have become more tolerant of them with the passing of time. I hardly remembered 'Bloodlines' I think I've only ever watched that once! It was like watching a new episode, I'd forgotten most of it. I even didn't mind watching 'Emancipation' again, I remember not really liking that at all when I first watched it.
              Not even a bare chested Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa can make "Emancipation" a likable viewing experience for me. Hey, no one is more surprised by this than me. However, I did not mutter angrily at the television, or feel my will to live slip away, like the first time I saw it.

Well, maybe there was a little muttering.

I understand what you're saying about how seeing rarely viewed episodes almost seems like watching a new episode. I remember the stories of most of the episodes, until around season 9. Those episodes are muddled together in my memory. I think I'll have the "like a watching a new episode" experience when the re-watch gets to SG-1, season 9.
              My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

I love those shots with team all lined up, looking so cool!

Comment

^I love that first one - it's so true!
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                    ^I love that first one - it's so true!
                    I second that--great pic

Comment

I will get in on this too! However, I am only on my first watch but will start again anyway as I am coming to the end of SG-1 and will be finished in about 1 week. This will let me get into discussings with accidentily coming over spoilers that are all over the internet.

I just started the first episode of season 8 and Teal'c looks like a lego man.

Comment

I just started rewatching from the beginning of last week even though I had no idea this was going on until today.

I'm about to start Episode 13 - Hathor. This is bringing such great TV memories back.

Comment

I have the count for three episodes:
                          Hathor: 17
                          Singularity: 30 (!)
                          Cor Ai: 10

Keep it up, folks!

-Liane

Comment

This is pretty cool! =)
                            www.stitchsloft.com
                            For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                            "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                            www.scifihero.net

Comment

Gah. Still having issues with posting. Really gumming up my mission to review the episodes.

Trying to keep up, though. Horrendous thunderstorms seem bent on keeping me off my computer but I won't let them stop me! Well, a fierce thunderstorm like tonight's can make me shut down, but then I'm bouncing back to the board and pushing on with Stargate Rewatch. Take that to the cloud, T & L.

I'm trying to envision going through all of SG1 and then starting on SG Atlantis, then SGU...Wow. A truly grand undertaking. Do we get cool tee shirts that say, "I completed the Stargate Rewatch 2011 - 201?!" or something?

Just kidding. Or hoping. No really, just kidding.

We could make our own.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Oh yes! T-shirts. Great idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X