Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking forward to this since I first read about it. It'll be great to be able to watch SG-1, Atlantis, & SGU. You never know...might see something that I missed the first or thousandth time I watched

Comment

This rewatch is a great idea for the greatest TV series!

Comment

Wadup people? First post ever. Just started watching "Children Of The Gods", nice to see Jack with no gray hair Will keep participating in Rewatch until January 2012( I have to join the army). But I hope I can find some time to squeeze in some Stargate during that. Greetings from Finland btw

Comment

Ahh, love this idea. I'm barely ever on GW these days, but this is a great excuse to go back to the start of SG again Very much looking forward to it!

Comment

I got up and ran this morning to make sure I had the exercise minutes to be able
            to watch an episode today. So with warmup and cool down included, I have 40
            minutes logged now. I did a few minutes of strength training after work (I
            hate feeling post workout rubber muscles at work), and then I caught episode
            2: The Enemy Within.

The strength challenge for this first week is to do one extra repetition every
            time Teal'c speaks in the episodes we watch. From my count, that's 26 for this
            episode. A 4th set of 10 frog squats from my usual 3 sets, 3 sets of 12 pushups
            instead of 3 sets of 10, and an extra set of 10 biceps curls will get me the 26
            extra reps. I didn't think Teal'c spoke that much in season 1, but it's a fun
            thing to watch and listen for.

Post your Fitness Challenge activites here or come check us out at
            Sparkpeople.com, search 'stargate rewatch fitness challenge'.

-Liane

Comment

Seems to me that August 7 is a bit fast to cast our votes. Personally I liked to rewatch all episodes before making my choice. I don't remember every episodes.

Comment

It will be hard for me to only watch an episode i day. Watched both series like 10 times already, mostly the whole show in less than 2 months
                RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Originally posted by Palomides View Post
                  Seems to me that August 7 is a bit fast to cast our votes. Personally I liked to rewatch all episodes before making my choice. I don't remember every episodes.
                  We could go two weeks on the nominations and two weeks on the voting, and announce at the very end of the month instead of at the start of Week 4.

I just want to maximize the voting time, and I imagine that most hardcore fans could already name many of those favorite moments that stick out in their minds without necessarily having rewatched the eps yet.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Just my luck that I would get a job two cities over (an hour or more of driving a day) like 5 days before the grand rewatch starts *facepalms*

I guess that's what weekends are for eh?
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

By my count, Teal'c speak 9 times in Emancipation. Add 9 repititions to your strength workout to meet the challenge for this episode!
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 August 2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Just my luck that I would get a job two cities over (an hour or more of driving a day) like 5 days before the grand rewatch starts *facepalms*

I guess that's what weekends are for eh?
                        Always the way!!! Luckily for me with the re-watch that I'm working part-time, with only a commute of half an hour each way, so I get the afternoon to grab a late lunch and an episode of Stargate to enjoy with it. As much as full time would be better for my bank balance at least I've got a nice Stargate... er I mean...life/work balance!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          Doe anyone in your family have Netflix? You can watch the streaming video on up to three computers at a time on the same account. I also had to cut back and dropped my Netflix subscription for budgetary reasons, but my mom still has it; so she gave me her passcode and I watch on her account.
                          Well I have the DVD's but I'm watching it through Netflix right now. I've just finished the Enemy Within. I'm currently on Netflix with the free trial for a month. I'm watching it through my Xbox360, and so far I like it. I may go with a subscription after. You know what's cool? You can have viewing parties with the Xbox. You set up a time, and everybody who's gonna watch log in, and all your avatars sit down and watch it on their big screen. You can also watch it full screen. Everybody can also be on to talk at once through the headset. So actually a bunch of people can watch at once.

Comment

Rewatch is AWESOME! Be back later...
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Rewatch Rocks, indeed.

A little confused; thought the pace was one ep per day. It's day 2 and some are way ahead! Guess it's ok to pace myself as long as I see all of Season 1 by the end of August.

So I'll just keep enjoying myself!
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Nah, the pace is "however you want to watch it." I've figured it out that if I watch one episode per weekday, I can finish the entire season by the end of the month.

(And I actually over-estimated a day, since I wasn't including the pilot in my "number of episodes" count when I did the math.)

Comment

Working...
                                X