No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to say a great big THANK YOU to doublecut for an truly amazing GW Dinner. I had an awesome time!
    Thanks also to mamasue for finding Earl's, the food was great!

Thanks so much!!!

Comment

Finally made it home, although my bag is still in Vancouver. They cancelled my connecting flight to Phoenix, so I ended up on an Air Canada flight to LAX, then from there to Charlotte. Got there about the same time I would have anyway, but there was a lot more anxiety and walking. They're supposed to put my bag on a plane tomorrow, and I should get it tomorrow night. Just glad I put the important things (ie computer, and autographs) in my bookbag.

Had a great time this weekend and met a lot of great people. Can't believe it's the last one in Vancouver.

Now to go collapse.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
        Finally made it home, although my bag is still in Vancouver. They cancelled my connecting flight to Phoenix, so I ended up on an Air Canada flight to LAX, then from there to Charlotte. Got there about the same time I would have anyway, but there was a lot more anxiety and walking. They're supposed to put my bag on a plane tomorrow, and I should get it tomorrow night. Just glad I put the important things (ie computer, and autographs) in my bookbag.

Had a great time this weekend and met a lot of great people. Can't believe it's the last one in Vancouver.

Now to go collapse.
        We ended up going through Toronto then on to DC. Our bags are also still "on vacation."

Comment

I'm still on vacation (with your bags?), but going home tomorrow. Starting to miss home a little.

Thanks for the awesome dinner and getting the special guests to come too. The whole weekend was great!

Comment

I'm home in Germany since yesterday evening local time and just woke up now.

It has been my first Creation Con and I really liked it. Nice guest and everything worked out totally relaxed. The guest talks were a lot of fun, especially the Friday night cabaret. Robert Picardo is always awesome singing at stage. Dan, Alex and Andee are so nice with talking to all the fans. The only little drop of bitterness was the fact that there was no personalization for the autographs of Joe and David. Wouldn't it be possible that at least they personalized one autograph per person? So many people bought additional autographs.

Thanks for doublecut and mamasue for organizing the Gateworld dinner that really has been fun. Alex, Dan, Andee and also Julia Benson walked from table to table for talking with all of us. It was also a nice surprise to see Martin Wood there.

I'm very sad that there will be no further SG-convention in Vancouver, would have loved coming back next year.

I'm happy I got to know some of you. A few of you I will see again on Fedcon in Germany or London Film and Comic Con this year and maybe next year I will attend the Chicago con and hopefully see the rest of you again.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
              I just want to say a great big THANK YOU to doublecut for an truly amazing GW Dinner. I had an awesome time!
              Thanks also to mamasue for finding Earl's, the food was great!

Thanks so much!!!
              Finding Earl's? Did someone loose Earl's

I always enjoyed the food there. Hopefully i will again someday.
              Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
              sigpic
              Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
              HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
              Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
              Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
              Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Slept again the whole morning until 2 pm which is 5 am in Vancouver time.

This week I still don't have to work, but hope to wake up earlier tomorrow.

Comment

I was under the impression that Joe, David and Paul did personalized autographs for the first hundred or so, then stopped. I didn't get a personalization from Joe, but Paul and David did it for me. I also asked David to write the equation of the universe on there and he wrote 42. Clever guy - McKay mentions 42 several times in the show.

Comment

Finally got home after many late buses. I had the best time working in the vendors room keeping the actors/actresses "safe"...according to Alex Zahara. They enjoyed the fans coming into the room for autographs and casual conversation. Andee Frizzell was a delight for whom I was an actual Assistant.

Thanks to all who came to the GW meetup dinner on Thursday and the Sunday night GW dinner. Organizing these types of events for a fandom forum is the best way for people, who 'speak' to each other online, can actually meet them in person. I enjoy doing this because I like meeting people from all over the world.

Comment

Will post my pics as soon as I can.
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Thanks to my great roommates for putting up with me. I hope I wasn't too much of a nuisance.
                        It was great meeting you.

Everyone at the con was so friendly. I chatted with so many people while waiting in line, sitting in my row and grabbing a bite to eat in the restaurant.

I got home at 1 AM Tuesday morning and went straight to bed and slept for over 11 hours. I was almost useless at work on Wednesday. Today I feel more recovered. I have two gigantic piles of laundry waiting for me when I get home.

Hopefully I will get a con report written over the weekend. As soon as I can get my photo op scanned in I will post it.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Hi guys,
                          I finally arrived back home in Germany yesterday late afternoon. Iwas quite exhausted but still felt the excitement from the great weekend in Vancouver. I had so much fun and met so many new friends. And because it was my first convention it will always have a special place in my heart.
                          Loved the panels and all the actors were so funny and loveable on stage and in person. No complains and if you asked nicely you got a personalized autograph from all of them. Enjoyed the cozy dinners at Red Robin and Ear's. The stars were really nice and no problem talking to us fans. Even if I am really fond of Joe and David, I liked Alex Zahara and Dan Payne on stage. Really hilarious and so nice talking to them in the vendors room/Earl's or anywhere else. so natural.

Shout out to Nirrti, Lea, Hoschi: had so much fun with you girls and I hope we will have the chance to meet soon!!

All the best to everyone else who was there with me and I enjoyed meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                            Just wanted to pop in and thank y'all for being a lovely crowd. You made my first con experience fun and exciting.

iheartcam and I went around on our own special locations tour today so really my con ended today. I'll be posting stories and pictures this weekend, once everything dies down.
                            I would like to second the thanking of everyone here. Due to all your advice and comments, my trip was AMAZING!!

The DIY locations tour I did with picardythirds was GREAT. We had a blast, got some hilarious pictures, and avoided getting arrested (which, in my book, is always a good thing.)
                            sigpic
                            ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

Originally posted by iheartcam View Post
                              and avoided getting arrested (which, in my book, is always a good thing.)
                              I think I almost got arrested! Or tased, or both, lol It was at the border though. I made it through the encounter by remembering Chris Judge fart jokes.

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone for the great memories for this last year's Stargate Convention in Vancouver. Thanks to those who put together the great events this year for us to meet up together and enjoy the company of everyone. Also like to thank the great people that I shared the room with. If it weren't for the amazing people I have meet here the past several years I doubt I would have kept coming back. I won't name names to leave anyone out but I will name one and that is Chad for all the hard work he had done during that weekend and the amazing gifts that he had gotten for us and for the amazing guests he was able to bring in this final year.
                                It just isn't the same knowing that I won't be back in Vancouver a year from now. I'll be back don't get me wrong but knowing the definite time and where and everything was always a comfort in some way. I just hope I'll be able to join yall in Chicago at some point or some other convention/event in the future. It has been great these past few years. Thanks for all the memories!

Comment

Working...
                                X