Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
    Welcome

It depends what you have in mind. There is a huge shopping mall across the street. Or a nice park (10 minutes walk).

I'd say the best thing to do is taking the skytrain (station is just a short walk away from the Hilton) to Downtown Vancouver. Waterfront might be the best stop for that. There you can do and see many things by just wandering around. Stanley Park is especially great - you might want to take a bus in order to get there.
    I totally agree. You can catch the 19 bus to stanley park from pender/graville street (one of the exits from water
    front).

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
    Creation's site has been updated and, unfortunately, Ryan Robbins has had to cancel due to a professional commitment. As Ryan was one of the complimentary autographs for Gold ticket holders, he has been replaced by Lou Diamond Phillips.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Aside from Amanda (who will be in calgary anyway) RyRo was someone I really wanted to meet. Drats. Does that mean I'll get a refund on my photo op?

In other news, I'm sick. Here's to getting better before the con.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      I need to check my notes, but I think LDP was already included.
      Yes he was already there. I remember trying to figure out what to get signed for him a while ago.
      sigpic

Comment

Checking my notes, I believe LDP was not initially mentioned in the included autographs, but later was as more guests were added - I know I initially had not planned on getting his autograph if it was not included.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
          Does that mean I'll get a refund on my photo op?
          Yes, the site says to send the ticket to Creation, 217 South Kenwood, Glendale, CA 91205. Attention: ED within 30 days for a refund on your credit card or you can exchange it at the con either for a voucher valid at any Creation con within a one year period or merchandise (including other photo ops) at the Vancouver con.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Aside from Amanda (who will be in calgary anyway) RyRo was someone I really wanted to meet. Drats. Does that mean I'll get a refund on my photo op?

In other news, I'm sick. Here's to getting better before the con.
            Ha! I'm sick too. Let's hope we both feel better soon! I will enjoy the con no matter what, but it would be nice not to be sniffling and coughing the whole time. Bleh!

I'm disappointed Ryan isn't coming also. Every time I have something cool for him to sign. *sigh* Here's hoping for Chicago.

What would be nice is if Creation could give out an autograph voucher, to be used for any guest. (LDP was already on the list.) Sadly, I doubt that will happen.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
              Ha! I'm sick too. Let's hope we both feel better soon! I will enjoy the con no matter what, but it would be nice not to be sniffling and coughing the whole time. Bleh!

I'm disappointed Ryan isn't coming also. Every time I have something cool for him to sign. *sigh* Here's hoping for Chicago.

What would be nice is if Creation could give out an autograph voucher, to be used for any guest. (LDP was already on the list.) Sadly, I doubt that will happen.
              Hope you guys feel better.

I agree, it would be nice if they let us use it on any guest.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                Gold tickets receive 8 complimentary autographs which, before Ryan had to pull out were: Suanne Braun, Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Christopher Judge, Paul McGillion, Kavan Smith and Ryan Robbins. All the names are the same except for Lou Diamond Phillips in place of Ryan Robbins.

I've kept everything marked down while figuring out my budget for the con. Unless I initially read the date wrong, it also looks like Suanne Braun was moved from a Friday appearance to Saturday. With nine people scheduled for stage time on Saturday, it's gonna be a pretty packed day of events.
                I found an old copy of the page that I had printed out, and it lists LDP and RyRo as a free to gold autograph, and Suanne is listed on Saturday.
                sigpic

Comment

Andee Frizzell was added also because her autograph wasn't originally included in the gold.

Comment

Latter they gave us vochers that we could us towards someone else. When Chris canceled.

Ah no Ryan. He was my first reason to come this year.
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Plans have changed so I have removed myself and guest from Thursday's dinner but added a second guest on Sunday. Can't wait to see you all! Freaking out with packing right now!!
                      lemonpiefirefly

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                      4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                      Thursday April 26, 2012
                      Time: 7:00pm
                      Attendees:
                      mamasue9
                      Camelot7414
                      Geoi McKay
                      MylittleEli
                      Doublecut
                      AnnieS
                      Nut_ty
                      hlndncr
                      Krisz
                      silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                      Scarym1
                      Starbird
                      Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                      SabrinaB - very excited
                      Nynaeve69+1
                      CareBear
                      Clairec007
                      Arctic Goddess +2
                      Rivers
                      Maidenhead Reds
                      Picardythirds
                      helen450
                      SeiyaTheLeaper
                      slamaina (aka Slam)

Jian
                      shipcat
                      syncline +2
                      Korean_Turtle87
                      Nirrti
                      iheartcam +1

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                      Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                      Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                      Doublecut
                      mamasue9
                      Dr. Carson Beckett
                      Camelot7414
                      Krisz
                      Geoi McKay
                      Snowflake + 1
                      silvercomet
                      Scarym1
                      AnnieS + 1 maybe
                      Nynaeve69 +1
                      MylittleEli
                      SabrinaB
                      Starbird
                      Clairec007
                      Jian
                      picardythirds
                      nakedwesley
                      knightie
                      Vecturist
                      SGAFan + 1
                      Hoschi
                      Lea
                      helen450
                      Nut_ty

hlndncr
                      Dimonah Tralon
                      CareBear
                      RinkRat
                      Arctic Goddess +2
                      taris-eirien
                      dakodia
                      SweetTart
                      Ovolactopesco
                      Rivers
                      Vala-Mal-Doran
                      Maidenhead Reds
                      SeiyaTheLeaper
                      slamaina (aka Slam) +1
                      lemonpiefirefly +2

shipcat

syncline +2
                      Korean_Turtle87
                      Nirrti
                      iheartcam +1
                      Triskele925 + Triskele's Mom

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 20*
                      GateWorld Forum ID: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ateSGUcopy.jpg
                      *extended menu submission date*
                      Creation Stargate Dallas 2005 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2006 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2007
                      Creation Stargate New Jersey 2007 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2008 - Gatecon 2008
                      Creation Stargate Vancouver 2009 - Dragon*Con 2009 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2010
                      Dragon*Con 2010 - Creation Tri-Con Burbank 2010 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2011 - Dragon*Con 2011
                      Creation Stargate Vancouver 2012

Comment

I'm at the airport in San Antonio right now! Flight leaves in two hours. Stoked!
                        sigpic
                        "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Just finished packing . . . mostly. Leaving in only 12 hours.

Comment

Signing off now till I get there.

Not packed yet and I have to leave at 5pm tomorrow to get my flight!

See you all soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Printed out my boarding pass for tomorrow. Just have to do some laundry then pack. Already notified financial institutions. Safe travels. Until Vancouver.....

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                Printed out my boarding pass for tomorrow. Just have to do some laundry then pack. Already notified financial institutions. Safe travels. Until Vancouver.....
                                Trying to finish up at work, then I'll head home to pick up the luggage and double check the house is closed up. Then heading to my parents for the night as they are much closer to the airport (about a mile or so). Heading out tomorrow morning for Vancouver. See you in Vancouver!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X