No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, Frank Cassini (Col Grieves - Sentinel) will be joining us at the dinner on Thursday. He has done a lot of other work in television and film, but really doesn't have a lot of experience with crazy fans. So, if you guys could be really welcoming of him at the Thursday dinner, it would be very much appreciated. He is an awesome guy, but a little shy.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Who's crazy???? *looks around*

Comment

I hear you about the temps! I am coming in from Austin (TX represent!) and am looking forward to the change in weather, whatever it brings. A few years I have had a hotel room a bit away from the venue (Happy Day Inn one year then Cassandra a few times) though and one year it was particularly cold; waiting for the bus I was glad I had gloves and a hat that time!

The thin rainjacket shell is my most essential Van weather item consistently.
        Last edited by lemonpiefirefly; 23 April 2012, 04:37 PM.
        Creation Stargate Dallas 2005 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2006 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2007
        Creation Stargate New Jersey 2007 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2008 - Gatecon 2008
        Creation Stargate Vancouver 2009 - Dragon*Con 2009 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2010
        Dragon*Con 2010 - Creation Tri-Con Burbank 2010 - Creation Stargate Vancouver 2011 - Dragon*Con 2011
        Creation Stargate Vancouver 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          Who's crazy???? *looks around*
          Yeah, that would never apply to you, Sue...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Hey everyone, Frank Cassini (Col Grieves - Sentinel) will be joining us at the dinner on Thursday.
            Thanks for setting that up, AG!

Comment

Last message before I head to Vancouver! I will be going into work around 3am, getting off work about noon (hopefully), and then going straight to the airport! Rad! It's really happening!
              sigpic
              "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post

Rinkrat it gets cold here, -29 for a couple weeks, but not for long it was +21 here yesterday and going to be +26 today, so nice and toasty warm.
                We, here in Calgary, beat you today!
                It was +27C, way too hot for me to have had to work outside!

Comment

I just checked out the Vancouver weather forecast for April 25 to April 30.
                  They are calling for rain the whole time with an average temperature of +13C, that is about 55F.

Make sure you bring your umbrella or raincoat.

Comment

Isn't it all getting exciting now, everyone is on their way!!! Now I know it's really CON TIME!!!!!

One more day of work, with luck I escape at my usual part-time hour tomorrow and don't get caught up with something again. I'm quite looking forward to a longer break, haven't had one since the con last year.

Great idea about meeting in the hotel lobby Silvercomet for the Red Robin bash. I'll be lurking in the lobby anyway after we get back from the location tour.

Nice to hear that Frank Cassini is coming AG, looking forward to seeing him again, nice guy.

It was a lovely spring day today, actually nice and warm, now that's more like it. Now all we need is for it to stay like this and all is good. It must be a good sign as usually when I wash my car all hell breaks loose with wind and rain, hail, cats and dogs, you name it to mess it up again!

Comment

Creation's site has been updated and, unfortunately, Ryan Robbins has had to cancel due to a professional commitment. As Ryan was one of the complimentary autographs for Gold ticket holders, he has been replaced by Lou Diamond Phillips.

Comment

Yeah he said something on twitter not long ago (about some new project). Too bad he had to cancel though *eyecandy*

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                          Creation's site has been updated and, unfortunately, Ryan Robbins has had to cancel due to a professional commitment. As Ryan was one of the complimentary autographs for Gold ticket holders, he has been replaced by Lou Diamond Phillips.
                          I need to check my notes, but I think LDP was already included.
                          sigpic

Comment

[

Dan Payne and Alex Zahara doing a Fake commercial - too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                              Gold tickets receive 8 complimentary autographs which, before Ryan had to pull out were: Suanne Braun, Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Christopher Judge, Paul McGillion, Kavan Smith and Ryan Robbins. All the names are the same except for Lou Diamond Phillips in place of Ryan Robbins.

I've kept everything marked down while figuring out my budget for the con. Unless I initially read the date wrong, it also looks like Suanne Braun was moved from a Friday appearance to Saturday. With nine people scheduled for stage time on Saturday, it's gonna be a pretty packed day of events.

Comment

Just needed 1,5 hours to figure out how to use my special sim card for the internet connection with my smart phone when I'm abroad. Hope it'll work. And that it won't be too expensive (they invoice the data volume). Otherwise I might not tweet as much as I'd like during the con.

Now I only need to do the online check-in, then I'm all set.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                                Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                                Gold tickets receive 8 complimentary autographs which, before Ryan had to pull out were: Suanne Braun, Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Christopher Judge, Paul McGillion, Kavan Smith and Ryan Robbins. All the names are the same except for Lou Diamond Phillips in place of Ryan Robbins.

I've kept everything marked down while figuring out my budget for the con. Unless I initially read the date wrong, it also looks like Suanne Braun was moved from a Friday appearance to Saturday. With nine people scheduled for stage time on Saturday, it's gonna be a pretty packed day of events.
                                According to the list I made (which extra stuff I have to buy) the autograph for LDP has been included in the Gold ticket all the time...

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                Hey everyone, Frank Cassini (Col Grieves - Sentinel) will be joining us at the dinner on Thursday. He has done a lot of other work in television and film, but really doesn't have a lot of experience with crazy fans. So, if you guys could be really welcoming of him at the Thursday dinner, it would be very much appreciated. He is an awesome guy, but a little shy.
                                No problem. We are awesome and shy as well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X