MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
      I may not make it until late on Thursday, so might not meet you all before the con, but don't worry, it is very hard to miss me

Well done on making everyone feel like Canada is crazy guys...It's more like the rest of the world is crazy and we are all just perfect Plus, toques rock, I have eight!

I don't own a single winter hat. I hate wearing them. The hood on my winter coat is good enough. I also don't like wearing mitts either. I guess that makes a really crazy canadian.

I am going to get my suitcases (one to check & one to carry on) out of the closet today and start deciding what to pack. Only 69 hours until I fly out to Vancouver.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Go in the summer. DO NOT go in winter, it's cold and it snows wayyyy to much! I usually go in late July or early August. Newfoundland is one of the most beautiful places on the planet, and the people there are super nice. There is an app to help you understand Newfie (yes, they can be that hard to understand). Plus you can go whale watching, there is an Island that has over a million birds on it, and they have a whole street in St. Johns that just has pubs on it(George street). If you can time it so that you hit the George street festival you are in for a treat!! Ok, I am stopping here because I could go on for hours, and now I want to go there again...
        A street full of pubs, now my husband would agree that, that would be a good reason alone to go to Newfoundland!!!

He's in Winnipeg at the moment on a business trip, I think he would have preferred St John's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
          It is running in the high 80s here in south Texas. I did remember to buy warm clothes for this trip back during the winter though. Hopefully I won't freeze while I'm up there! I am planning on doing a lot of walking!
          It won't be too cold during the day or within the confines of the Hilton, so don't worry about packing for snowy type of weather. We made a pact with the Rain Gods in Vancouver, we'll take all the rain they deign to bless us with and any snow which might dare fall within the confines of Vancouver ends up in Calgary or Edmonton. (I hear they refer to these "False Gods" out that was as "Snoa'uld")

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
            (I hear they refer to these "False Gods" out that was as "Snoa'uld")
            You are hilarious!! And I really hope you are right about the good weather.

Comment

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is packing. But I'll have to do it eventually? *coughs* tomorrow *coughs* And the journey might be a bit exhausting as well. But I'm not complaining. It should be worth it.

To all the people who are going to the GW Meetup on Thursday: What do you think about meeting at the Hilton lobby and going together to the Red Robin?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                (I hear they refer to these "False Gods" out that was as "Snoa'uld")
                LOL! Good one!

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                To all the people who are going to the GW Meetup on Thursday: What do you think about meeting at the Hilton lobby and going together to the Red Robin?
                My flight lands at 5:45pm on Thursday. Please don't wait for me in the lobby; who knows when I'll make it to the hotel.

Comment

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is packing. But I'll have to do it eventually? *coughs* tomorrow *coughs* And the journey might be a bit exhausting as well. But I'm not complaining. It should be worth it.
                  Yeah I hate packing. I've got most of it done. I try to do it a few days early this way if I think of something I've forgotten, I can still throw it in.

Sounds like a good idea. Just have a cut off time, where anyone that shows up after that knows to head straight to the restaurant. Hopefully the location tour on Thursday will get back with a little time to spare.
                  sigpic

Comment

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is packing. But I'll have to do it eventually?
                    I just finished packing and I included all my bad weather gear, electronics, clothes ect. and I still don't have more than 15kg. First I thought 23kg would never be enough. But now I can't even imagine what to bring more?!

I think it's a great idea, also to avoid any awkwardness when you come to the restaurant alone and new to the group. I hope it will be easier for me if I meet them casually in the lobby and then go for dinner. Breaking the first ice.

Comment

I hate packing as well, since I take everything as carry-on and usually wind up making a couple last minute switches outfit-wise (I'm not that picky with what I wear everyday until I have to think about photo ops). I've learned that it's better not to pack last minute because I wind up forgetting to pack something,
                      sigpic

Comment

Lets see, my dad was born and raised in Newfoundland, my mom in Manitoba, and I in Kelowna..pretty sure I got being Candian covered, plus, I'm used to the weather, so I don't need to cover my head all the time
                        I forgot there for a while that you live in the city, not the ski hill.
                        I use to live in Sorrento, right on Shuswap Lake, the winters were so mild. Lots of snow but never very cold.
                        Calgary and the -30C winds in the winter, I have to wear something on my head.

Comment

So ONE more day and then UP WE GO! Vancouver here I come!!
                          see you all very soon. *happy dance*

Comment

Awesome, carsonbecket:-). I haven't even gotten my laundry or any packing done yet and my flight leaves tomorrow afternoon! And, I have to work tomorrow too. So looks like the only ti,me I will have is going to be this afternoon. And, I have to spend it with my new boyfriend. Hope he doesn't mind chores!
                            sigpic
                            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                              Awesome, carsonbecket:-). I haven't even gotten my laundry or any packing done yet and my flight leaves tomorrow afternoon! And, I have to work tomorrow too. So looks like the only ti,me I will have is going to be this afternoon. And, I have to spend it with my new boyfriend. Hope he doesn't mind chores!
                              a quick snog and toss him out, you get to hang with a bunch of crazies for 5 days, and you have to have the right clothes...and a camera, and everything else!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I havn't packed either, but i have a couple days left and a big CRV to transport everything in, so I can bring anything i want

Rinkrat it gets cold here, -29 for a couple weeks, but not for long it was +21 here yesterday and going to be +26 today, so nice and toasty warm.
                              Music and Stargate
                              sigpic
                              Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                LOL. You obviously are not buying Canadian socks. We take that the boot problem into consideration. Sometimes, after wearing the socks for a while, the elastic will get old and the socks will slip off, but if you buy Canadian made socks, you won't have that problem...at least for a while. By the way, one of the best Canadian brands is a company called Stanfield's.
                                http://www.stanfields.com/

By the way, this is a touque:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]34393[/ATTACH]

These are Mukluks:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]34394[/ATTACH]

Mukluks are the warmest, most comfortable boots you will ever wear.

And, in Churchill Manitoba where the polar bears wait for the sea ice to freeze, they often make friends with the dog sled teams:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34395[/ATTACH]

When you arrive in Canada you may see that, people who drink and drive are not identified as DUI, but as DWI (Driving while intoxicated), like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34396[/ATTACH]

Life is just a little different in Canada.
                                Beanie's, Ugg boots and dingos. The only thing we don't have are the bears. No wonder i like Canada
                                Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                                sigpic
                                Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                                HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                                Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                                Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                                Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X