Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
    What a fantastic idea! we can have stashes of different snacks in each row (chocolate, chips/crisps, cookies, etc)

Excellent.
    Sound like a chocolate party should be organised. Anyone from Australia can bring the TIM TAMS!

Originally posted by Nirrti View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to Gateworld, because I've heard that here are many visitors of the Vancouver Con.
    I'll visit the convention as well. I've been to many conventions already (in Europe), but it is my first convention in (and my first visit to) Canada. I'm very excited about that.
    It seems that I have to read here a lot now.
    Belated welcome. I am not attending exept in spirit, so if wierd things happen it will just be me letting you all know that i am there.

Originally posted by Nirrti View Post
    Thank you for that, very helpful information.

I would love to join the dinners on Thursday and Sunday, is that possible? Especially the one on Thursday would be a good occasion to get to know many of you. But I'm not sure if I will manage to be there at 7 pm or maybe a little bit later. Maybe a stupid question, but how do I recognize you all?
    How do you recognise them? Why, you just start singing the stargate song and see who joins in of course. (More memories of 2007) If you don't know the words, it is on YouTube.

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
    Don't worry, you're well prepared. Snowflake and Arctic Goddess are probably the craziest people you can meet.

Right? Wrong?
    Wrong! I recall someone shouting from the balcony at the hotel "I love you Michael" and when he looked up and replied she nearly fell over the rail.

I can't believe it has taken me this long to catch up! PHEW! BTW: Robin Dunne, Colin Ferguson and Teryl Rothery are coming to Perth!!!! YAY!!! I am having dinner with Robin Dunne. Wow!

:OMG:
    Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
    sigpic
    Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
    HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
    Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
    Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
    Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post
      Sound like a chocolate party should be organised. Anyone from Australia can bring the TIM TAMS!
      We got two types of Tim Tams where I live. The normal ones and caramel. I can bring some if anyone's interested. I have seen the double chocolate Tim Tams in grocery stores in Calgary and I know there are also a few grocery stores in Vancouver that sell them *TimTam addict here*

@Atlantia: Whereabouts south of Perth do you live? I used to live in Perth for 3 years and kinda miss it...a little

Comment

Wow! Ordered travel money today and picked up Chocolate from Cadbury Factory for the "girls" and some for row B.

Its getting closer.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post

How do you recognise them? Why, you just start singing the stargate song and see who joins in of course. (More memories of 2007) If you don't know the words, it is on YouTube.

I hope not...I don't want to be on youtube if its the one where someone video taped us singing at Red Robin without permission.

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
            4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
            Thursday April 26, 2012
            Time: 7:00pm
            Attendees:
            mamasue9
            Camelot7414
            Geoi McKay
            MylittleEli
            Doublecut
            AnnieS
            Nut_ty
            hlndncr
            Krisz
            silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
            Scarym1
            Starbird
            Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
            SabrinaB - very excited
            Nynaeve69+1
            CareBear
            Clairec007
            Arctic Goddess +2
            Rivers
            Maidenhead Reds
            Picardythirds
            helen450
            SeiyaTheLeaper
            slamaina (aka Slam)
            lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian
            shipcat
            syncline +2
            Korean_Turtle87
            Nirrti

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
            Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
            Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
            Doublecut
            mamasue9
            Dr. Carson Beckett
            Camelot7414
            Krisz
            Geoi McKay
            Snowflake + 3
            silvercomet
            Scarym1
            AnnieS + 1 maybe
            Nynaeve69 +1
            MylittleEli
            SabrinaB
            Starbird
            Clairec007
            Jian
            picardythirds
            nakedwesley
            knightie
            Vecturist
            SGAFan + 1
            Hoschi
            Lea
            helen450
            Nut_ty

hlndncr
            Dimonah Tralon
            CareBear
            RinkRat
            Arctic Goddess +2
            taris-eirien
            dakodia
            SweetTart
            Ovolactopesco
            Rivers
            Vala-Mal-Doran
            Maidenhead Reds
            SeiyaTheLeaper
            slamaina (aka Slam) +1
            lemonpiefirefly +1

shipcat

syncline +2
            Korean_Turtle87
            Nirrti

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Comment

London Drugs sells 4 kinds of Tim Tams. And I can get the orginal kind at our Wal*Mart.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Personally, I could really use a fix of a good German wine.

I'm a chardonnay drinker, but quality Rhine wines are awesome...hint... hint.
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

German wine is good and I'd like to try some real Kelownan wine......red....psst Snowflake

*I guess I'm supposed to be drinking red wine at my age to clear the arteries.*

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    German wine is good and I'd like to try some real Kelownan wine......red....psst Snowflake

*I guess I'm supposed to be drinking red wine at my age to clear the arteries.*
                    my my, is that what passes as a hint in your world?? and, of course, I will hit the liquor store tomorrow.

ok, ok, ok, ok, ok (mm lethal weapon) I am so super excited for holiday time. I need a break from work, and a break from Kelowna, beautiful place, but I swear it is like being in Dr.Who with all the plastic people.
                    yippy Ki-yay for all the real people that go to conventions!@!! (I seem to be wanting to watch action movies.
                    Music and Stargate
                    sigpic
                    Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                      London Drugs sells 4 kinds of Tim Tams. And I can get the orginal kind at our Wal*Mart.
                      And we'll need some milk. Or hotchocolate. Or Tea. Because anyone who hasn't done the Tim-Tam-Slam before absolutely must!

My favorite ones are the dark chocolate ones I got in Australia last year but they seem to be distributing them all in Canada now

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                        We got two types of Tim Tams where I live. The normal ones and caramel. I can bring some if anyone's interested. I have seen the double chocolate Tim Tams in grocery stores in Calgary and I know there are also a few grocery stores in Vancouver that sell them *TimTam addict here*

@Atlantia: Whereabouts south of Perth do you live? I used to live in Perth for 3 years and kinda miss it...a little
                        I live in Rockingham but work in Fremantle. Where were you?

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                        my my, is that what passes as a hint in your world?? and, of course, I will hit the liquor store tomorrow.

ok, ok, ok, ok, ok (mm lethal weapon) I am so super excited for holiday time. I need a break from work, and a break from Kelowna, beautiful place, but I swear it is like being in Dr.Who with all the plastic people.
                        yippy Ki-yay for all the real people that go to conventions!@!! (I seem to be wanting to watch action movies.
                        I go through phases like that also. I have just finished the Die Hards but now have gone on to Enterprise. I feel like a flip flop sometimes.
                        Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                        sigpic
                        Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                        HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                        Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                        Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                        Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by SeiyaTheLeaper View Post
                          Totally out of topic, but who was it who was coming from Calgary and offered to bring something from the Flames? I have a friend who would love a cap or a key-ring or some other small and cheap-ish item. Please to PM? KTHXBAI!
                          Did you ever get my PM?

Con is fast approaching and I need to know how much money you would like me to spend for a Flames item.

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                            4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                            Thursday April 26, 2012
                            Time: 7:00pm
                            Attendees:
                            mamasue9
                            Camelot7414
                            Geoi McKay
                            MylittleEli
                            Doublecut
                            AnnieS
                            Nut_ty
                            hlndncr
                            Krisz
                            silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                            Scarym1
                            Starbird
                            Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                            SabrinaB - very excited
                            Nynaeve69+1
                            CareBear
                            Clairec007
                            Arctic Goddess +2
                            Rivers
                            Maidenhead Reds
                            Picardythirds
                            helen450
                            SeiyaTheLeaper
                            slamaina (aka Slam)
                            lemonpiefirefly +1

Jian
                            shipcat
                            syncline +2
                            Korean_Turtle87
                            Nirrti

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                            Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                            Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                            Doublecut
                            mamasue9
                            Dr. Carson Beckett
                            Camelot7414
                            Krisz
                            Geoi McKay
                            Snowflake + 3
                            silvercomet
                            Scarym1
                            AnnieS + 1 maybe
                            Nynaeve69 +1
                            MylittleEli
                            SabrinaB
                            Starbird
                            Clairec007
                            Jian
                            picardythirds
                            nakedwesley
                            knightie
                            Vecturist
                            SGAFan + 1
                            Hoschi
                            Lea
                            helen450
                            Nut_ty

hlndncr
                            Dimonah Tralon
                            CareBear
                            RinkRat
                            Arctic Goddess +2
                            taris-eirien
                            dakodia
                            SweetTart
                            Ovolactopesco
                            Rivers
                            Vala-Mal-Doran
                            Maidenhead Reds
                            SeiyaTheLeaper
                            slamaina (aka Slam) +1
                            lemonpiefirefly +1

shipcat

syncline +2
                            Korean_Turtle87
                            Nirrti

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 18*
                            GateWorld Forum ID: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ateSGUcopy.jpg

Comment

No treating myself with staying at the HI this year, the price per night is horrendous! Can't justify that cost compared to a tank or two of gas, so the drive to and from the con every day it is.

At least it means more money for photo ops and all the other bits and pieces that you always seem to end up buying however you try to curb the spending!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                No treating myself with staying at the HI this year, the price per night is horrendous! Can't justify that cost compared to a tank or two of gas, so the drive to and from the con every day it is.

At least it means more money for photo ops and all the other bits and pieces that you always seem to end up buying however you try to curb the spending!
                                I've had to switch to the Hilton. I noticed that HI was charging $10 per person over 2 people in a room. PM AG.

Comment

Working...
                                X