Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Sometimes, Bonnies taxi has a minivan taxi so we could all pile into that.
    I've got 1 extra person with me also so maybe we could split two cabs or vans?
    Last edited by Jian; 22 March 2012, 04:53 AM.

Comment

It seems that everytime I fly to & from the US I get "randomly" choosen for extra screening. Last year that meant using the full body scanner. Make me wonder if my name is on list somewhere.

A cab doesn't sound too expensive. I think that is better then transit and transfering from one line to another with two suitcase, etc.

So does anyone have the names of any reputable Cabs?

If anyone is arriving at around 3:30 p.m. (arriving domestic on WESTJET) Wednesday I would love to share a cab to the Hilton. Just PM me.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

YVR has "taxi row" where there are several cab companies waiting to take people where they want to go. The most prominent taxi is Bonnies Taxi which does go to the Hilton, Holiday Inn Express, and Accent Inn across from Bridge Studios. Just be sure to say Burnaby, or you may end up in downtown Vancouver.

EDT: http://www.bonnystaxi.com/fleet/default.htm
        Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 22 March 2012, 08:58 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Since we're talking cabs, is there a taxi stand at the hotel, or since I'm going to have to leave really early Tuesday for the airport, should I pre-book it?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
            Since we're talking cabs, is there a taxi stand at the hotel, or since I'm going to have to leave really early Tuesday for the airport, should I pre-book it?
            There isn't a stand per se, but the front desk staff can call the taxi company. There's a car rental place in the Hilton lobby, but I've seen cabs parked outside just down the street not far from the entrance to the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jian View Post
              I've got 1 extra person with me also so maybe we could split two cabs or vans?
              I'm hoping that the taxi supervisor can summon a larger vehicle for our group so we can travel together.

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                Thursday April 26, 2012
                Time: 7:00pm
                Attendees:
                mamasue9
                Camelot7414
                Geoi McKay
                MylittleEli
                Doublecut
                AnnieS
                Nut_ty
                hlndncr
                Krisz
                silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                Scarym1
                Starbird
                Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                SabrinaB - very excited
                Nynaeve69+1
                CareBear
                Clairec007
                Arctic Goddess +2
                Rivers
                Maidenhead Reds
                Picardythirds
                helen450
                SeiyaTheLeaper
                slamaina (aka Slam)
                lemonpiefirefly +1

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                Doublecut
                mamasue9
                Dr. Carson Beckett
                Camelot7414
                Krisz
                Geoi McKay
                Snowflake + 3
                silvercomet
                Scarym1
                AnnieS + 1 maybe
                Nynaeve69 +1
                MylittleEli
                SabrinaB
                Starbird
                Clairec007
                Jian
                picardythirds
                nakedwesley
                knightie
                Vecturist
                SGAFan + 1
                Hoschi
                Lea
                helen450
                Nut_ty

hlndncr
                Dimonah Tralon
                CareBear
                llp
                RinkRat
                Arctic Goddess +2
                taris-eirien
                dakodia
                SweetTart
                Ovolactopesco
                Rivers
                Vala-Mal-Doran
                Maidenhead Reds
                SeiyaTheLeaper
                slamaina (aka Slam) +1
                lemonpiefirefly +1

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                  4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                  Thursday April 26, 2012
                  Time: 7:00pm
                  Attendees:
                  mamasue9
                  Camelot7414
                  Geoi McKay
                  MylittleEli
                  Doublecut
                  AnnieS
                  Nut_ty
                  hlndncr
                  Krisz
                  silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                  Scarym1
                  Starbird
                  Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                  SabrinaB - very excited
                  Nynaeve69+1
                  CareBear
                  Clairec007
                  Arctic Goddess +2
                  Rivers
                  Maidenhead Reds
                  Picardythirds
                  helen450
                  SeiyaTheLeaper
                  slamaina (aka Slam)
                  lemonpiefirefly +1

syncline

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                  Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                  Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                  Doublecut
                  mamasue9
                  Dr. Carson Beckett
                  Camelot7414
                  Krisz
                  Geoi McKay
                  Snowflake + 3
                  silvercomet
                  Scarym1
                  AnnieS + 1 maybe
                  Nynaeve69 +1
                  MylittleEli
                  SabrinaB
                  Starbird
                  Clairec007
                  Jian
                  picardythirds
                  nakedwesley
                  knightie
                  Vecturist
                  SGAFan + 1
                  Hoschi
                  Lea
                  helen450
                  Nut_ty

hlndncr
                  Dimonah Tralon
                  CareBear
                  llp
                  RinkRat
                  Arctic Goddess +2
                  taris-eirien
                  dakodia
                  SweetTart
                  Ovolactopesco
                  Rivers
                  Vala-Mal-Doran
                  Maidenhead Reds
                  SeiyaTheLeaper
                  slamaina (aka Slam) +1
                  lemonpiefirefly +1

syncline

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Comment

HEY KRISZ please add me in my seat now.

I AM L11
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I'm hoping that the taxi supervisor can summon a larger vehicle for our group so we can travel together.
                      I have been traveling with my family last summer and everywhere (Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto) they have called a larger cab for us. If there is one already waiting in line, lucky you, if not, they might have to call one in. Just make sure they realize you're in a group.

If you're that many people it would probably be cheaper to travel by cab anyway...I think skytrain is almost $9 per person. When I took a cab into downtown Vancouver last year it cost me $33 plus tip.

Anyone staying at the Holiday Inn? *justwondering*

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                        I have been traveling with my family last summer and everywhere (Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto) they have called a larger cab for us. If there is one already waiting in line, lucky you, if not, they might have to call one in. Just make sure they realize you're in a group.

If you're that many people it would probably be cheaper to travel by cab anyway...I think skytrain is almost $9 per person. When I took a cab into downtown Vancouver last year it cost me $33 plus tip.

How much do you tip a cab in Canada?
                        John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                        sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                        Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                          How much do you tip a cab in Canada?
                          10-20%

Comment

We're staying at the Holiday Inn.

Comment

That sounds good. I'm sure we should be able to figure out what will work best when we're all together. Like Hoschi said I'm sure they have some way to accommodate for large families, even if there might be a wait it still beats having to go by SkyTrain.

Comment

I'd recommend letting the company know when you will need a cab so they can have one on site for you that is larger.
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X