Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeiyaTheLeaper View Post
    Disclaimer:
    Here’s my two cents. I can’t guarantee that everything is still standing, as I don’t live ANYWHERE near Vancouver and can’t really check. :-)
    Also, I don’t remember episode names for these things, but I’ve been to them all/found them all by myself. And THEN went again on location tours.
    And I only saw the post by PICARDYTHIRDS, so if someone else had already listed these, I apologize. I’m really really busy with work, couldn’t read all the posts, but wanted to contribute something for fellow Stargate fans.
    Also, I’m posting these because I know how excited one can be to see one’s favourite show’s locations “live”, but please PLEASE PLEASE! BE RESPECTFUL. Some of these places are not open to the public, so view them from outside, and do not be tempted to knock on people’s doors. I know it shouldn’t be necessary to say this, but I have anyways!

Spoiler:

Richmond
    - Fantasy Garden: corner of Stevenson Highway and No 5 Road. No longer accesible, sold to new owner. I think it was still standing last year, but I can’t guarantee it’s still there. You can see it from the outside or peak in through the gates, thug.
    - Dave’s Fish and Chips: 3460 Moncton St. in Richmond, BC + Gulf of Georgia Cannery (next to it). Episode “Nightwalkers”. Have some chips on me!

Vancouver (not downtown):
    - Jericho Beach. Northwest Marine Drive. Episode “Fire and Water”. It’s “just a beach”, but it’s nice!
    - HR McMillan Space Center/Vanier Park/the observatory. 1100 Chestnut Street V6J 3J9. The space center is quite fun too!
    - In the area, at about 1550 Burrard Street is Seaforth Armoury.
    - Burrard Bridge!!! “1969”

Downtown Vancouver:
    - The Sunset Beach apartments are, if I recall properly, on Jervis Street.
    - Hamburger Mary’s: diner on the corner between Davie Street and Bute Street. Have a Sundae there… :-)
    - Vancouver Library Square: Homer Street and Robson Street… ok, maybe this wasn’t on Stargate, but if you’re going to YaleTown House, might as well see it. They’ve used it in Smallville and in Fringe.
    - Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Gardens. Corner between Carrall and Keefer Street (Chinatown area). Part of it is free, part of it you have to pay for, but it’s really cheap.
    - And if you’re a Doctor Who fan, keep going down on Carrall street towards Expo Blvd, and there’s a beautiful park with a cool waterfall “thing”, where they filmed the Doctor Who movie with the 8th Doctor.

Burnaby:
    - Adanac Lodge: corner between Adanac Street and Boundary Road. Young Jack’s high school. It’s now a senoir citizens’ home, so just drive by please!
    - Keep going south on Boundary Road. On the left is Bridge (doh!). Opposite Bridge, on Henning Drive, is the Accent’s Inn, and, a few step down the road (same parking lot) is a small cafè. Can’t remember the episodes. You’ll remember.
    - On the right (when Bridge was on the left, see above) is the OpenRoad Audi with a bar that was used for some episode.
    - Inman elementary school, on the corner between Inman Street and Price Street. Cassandra’s school. Again, it’s still in use, there could be children there.
    - Down the hill from SFU is Horizon’s. http://www.horizonsrestaurant.com/ Apparently NOT cheap.

Coquitlam:
    - Riverview Hospital 2601 Lougheed Highway, Coquitlam, V3C 4J2. Down the bottom there’s a building in disues. The resto f it is still a psychiatric hospital, SO PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL!!!

North Vancouver:
    - Murdo Frazer Park. Jack’s cabin. It’s a public park, but there’s a hedge that clearly defines the private property around Jack’s cabin. THAT PART IS PRIVATE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL! Or the owner will shoot you. Ok, not really, I’m sure he’s a very nice Canadian guy, but please don’t enter his property! All you need to see really is the outside of the house. And if you go from the other side, you get a beautiful and legal view of the lake (with no fish), the dock and the house.
    - Capilano Salmon Hatchery. As the Arrogant Worms would say, “rocks and trees and water.” But they’ve filmed the Atlantis episode in which Teyla and Dr. Keller are alone on a planet together. And it’s quite a nice area anyways. Have a walk around, they’ve used a lot of that general area.
    - Further north on Capilano Road is Cleveland Dam, for you McGyver fans. (They’ve used it in other shows too).
    - Somewhere on W. Grand Blvd, I think between 10th and 13th street, is Sam’s house. Repainted, new owners, but it’s there. Again, it’s PRIVATE PROPERTY, please do NOT trespass and be respectful, if you find out which house it is. In the “park” in the middle of Grand Blvd is where they filmed Sam and Orlin walking in the park.

Ok, that’s all the locations I can remember. At the risk of being hated for being annoying and repetitive, please do not enter private properties! And be respectful of people living/working/studying in these places. Also, most of the insides of places have probably changed during the years, so why bother?
    Please do not post this information around the internet, keep it on Gateworld. If you tell friends, pass on the “be respectful” part, please!!

Have fun.
    Thanks for some clarification of the extra ones, I'll compile a list later (and put it in spoiler tags so it's not uber long. Just wanted to mention that Fantasy Gardens is NO MORE. They bulldozed it early this year and are redeveloping. A shame, as it was a great movie shoot location.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
      Thanks for some clarification of the extra ones, I'll compile a list later (and put it in spoiler tags so it's not uber long. Just wanted to mention that Fantasy Gardens is NO MORE. They bulldozed it early this year and are redeveloping. A shame, as it was a great movie shoot location.
      I can figure out the locals for the two I posted above if you want.
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Okay, here's what I figure: How about a sign up list for those locals and all who can make it for a "self guided locations tour" (can someone please come up with a better name?) and we'll figure out go from there? Because there's no way we can visit ALL of these locations in one day! (well, actually, we probably could if we just drove by them all but where's the fun in that?).

That way we can do it all by email and not clutter up this thread...unless people have more suggestions?

Wednesday April 25th, 2012

as usual, repost minus quote tags, with your name if you are intrested.

picardythirds

Comment

ALRIGHTLY THEN!!!

Just bought my ticket for the con. Ended up getting the Perferred Weekend package. Was going to get the Gold. But due to hours getting cut at work. Not happening.

Krisz I am in the first row of Perferred (7 from the center on the left side). The Perferred rows start 2 rows after the Gold section ends. I will have the exact seat number when I get my offical order form.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Hey guys just wanted to pass on. DARK MATTERS N#3 is in stores as well.
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
              Hey guys just wanted to pass on. DARK MATTERS N#3 is in stores as well.
              And #4 hits stores on April 11th. So all four will be out in time.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

I already have issues 1 and 2, but I'm waiting for my comic book store to call me when issues 3 and 4 arrive. They arrive later here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  I already have issues 1 and 2, but I'm waiting for my comic book store to call me when issues 3 and 4 arrive. They arrive later here in the states.
                  Because I was late getting n#1 now I can't find it. Anywhere
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                    4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                    Thursday April 26, 2012
                    Time: 7:00pm
                    Attendees:
                    mamasue9
                    Camelot7414
                    Geoi McKay
                    MylittleEli
                    Doublecut
                    AnnieS
                    Nut_ty
                    hlndncr
                    Krisz
                    silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                    Scarym1
                    Starbird
                    Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                    SabrinaB - very excited
                    Nynaeve69+1
                    CareBear
                    Clairec007
                    Arctic Goddess +2
                    Rivers
                    Maidenhead Reds
                    Picardythirds
                    helen450
                    SeiyaTheLeaper

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                    Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                    Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                    Doublecut
                    mamasue9
                    Dr. Carson Beckett
                    Camelot7414
                    Krisz
                    Geoi McKay
                    Snowflake + 3
                    silvercomet
                    Scarym1
                    AnnieS + 1 maybe
                    Nynaeve69 +1
                    MylittleEli
                    SabrinaB
                    Starbird
                    Clairec007
                    Jian
                    picardythirds
                    nakedwesley
                    knightie
                    Vecturist
                    SGAFan + 1
                    Hoschi
                    Lea
                    helen450
                    Nut_ty

hlndncr
                    Dimonah Tralon
                    CareBear
                    llp
                    RinkRat
                    Arctic Goddess +2
                    taris-eirien
                    dakodia
                    SweetTart
                    Ovolactopesco
                    Rivers
                    Vala-Mal-Doran
                    Maidenhead Reds
                    SeiyaTheLeaper

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*
                    *bumping forward*

Comment

Finally thought I'd stop lurking and drop in for a moment. I'm a 'vet' of many Van Cons and want to say you folks are going to have lots of fun.

A sugggestion for the locations tour would be to group them together. Jack's cabin and house, Sam's house, and SFU would give you alot of memories in a fairly short time. I totally agree with the 'be respectful' theme that has been brought up with the tours. With Van not having interstates, as we Americans know them, travelling can take a bit more time than you might expect.

Stopping by the Bridges studio area will get you three sights and are all in one area. Also the "Eclipse" (?) cafe right across from Bridges was used by Sam and (to some the dreaded) Pete. The cafe at the Accent Inn (used many times by many shows) is also right there and has some well priced good tasting eats too.

You will have a great time in Van. I'm sure there are many of us on this board who will live the con through you so please be kind and share you times with us.

Nothing like a group of 'Gaters to hang with and create lifelong memories and friends.
                      sigpic
                      Vancouver 2010
                      Chicago 2010
                      Chicago 2011
                      Jack's CSM

Comment

Hi to everyone!

I skipped last year but I had to be there for the last one. I see there is the Gateworld get together before and after both of which I will try to make (I have to check my flight info). I am supposed to be staying with a friend locally but I am starting to think that might not be my brightest idea. We'll see.

Slam
                        Last edited by slamaina; 18 March 2012, 06:13 PM.

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                        (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                        Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                          4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                          Thursday April 26, 2012
                          Time: 7:00pm
                          Attendees:
                          mamasue9
                          Camelot7414
                          Geoi McKay
                          MylittleEli
                          Doublecut
                          AnnieS
                          Nut_ty
                          hlndncr
                          Krisz
                          silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                          Scarym1
                          Starbird
                          Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                          SabrinaB - very excited
                          Nynaeve69+1
                          CareBear
                          Clairec007
                          Arctic Goddess +2
                          Rivers
                          Maidenhead Reds
                          Picardythirds
                          helen450
                          SeiyaTheLeaper
                          slamaina

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                          Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                          Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                          Doublecut
                          mamasue9
                          Dr. Carson Beckett
                          Camelot7414
                          Krisz
                          Geoi McKay
                          Snowflake + 3
                          silvercomet
                          Scarym1
                          AnnieS + 1 maybe
                          Nynaeve69 +1
                          MylittleEli
                          SabrinaB
                          Starbird
                          Clairec007
                          Jian
                          picardythirds
                          nakedwesley
                          knightie
                          Vecturist
                          SGAFan + 1
                          Hoschi
                          Lea
                          helen450
                          Nut_ty

hlndncr
                          Dimonah Tralon
                          CareBear
                          llp
                          RinkRat
                          Arctic Goddess +2
                          taris-eirien
                          dakodia
                          SweetTart
                          Ovolactopesco
                          Rivers
                          Vala-Mal-Doran
                          Maidenhead Reds
                          SeiyaTheLeaper
                          slamaina

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 15*

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
                            Hi to everyone!

I skipped last year but I had to be there for the last one. I see there is the Gateworld get together before and after both of which I will try to make (I have to check my flight info). I am supposed to be staying with a friend locally but I am starting to think that might not be my brightest idea. We'll see.

Slam
                            Hello sunshine, glad you are making it this year.

One month and 5 days!!

How was everyones St. Patrick’s day??? I tripped and went face first into the pant region of a man, knocked him over and took out one of my friends. Good times, and no, I was not drinking. Anyone else have a ridiculous story? PLEASE??
                            Music and Stargate
                            sigpic
                            Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                              Hello sunshine, glad you are making it this year.

One month and 5 days!!

How was everyones St. Patrick’s day??? I tripped and went face first into the pant region of a man, knocked him over and took out one of my friends. Good times, and no, I was not drinking. Anyone else have a ridiculous story? PLEASE??
                              Hey snowflake,

I can't wait to get there. It seems so far away but at the same time not enough time to get ready.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                              Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

I have stared a Google map with the Stargate shooting locations on it. If anyone is interested in visiting these locations while we are in Vancouver and would like to help out go to http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ming-Locations

Slam
                                Last edited by slamaina; 19 March 2012, 12:22 PM. Reason: cause I can't spell

Comment

Working...
                                X