Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
    As I recall I think you can get wi-fi reception in the lobby.
    Perfik!

Originally posted by Snowflake
    i am going to this con to see all my friends, minus the gorgeous Deeds (I will be in Van on thursday if you are still around or you can make a trip over here??). The guests and the con are just an added bonus. My favorite thing is that I can go off on a tangent about any sci-fi show and EVERYONE gets it!! There are no "that chick is crazy"
    I've wanted that so badly all of my life! Just to be around other people who will catch the references without me needing to explain them! Sounds like a dream. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!
    sigpic
    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Well, I might need some explanations with references as everything tends to blur together with how much sci-fi I've digested. Last year, before Chris Judge had to pull out, I wanted to ask him about his thoughts on who would win the Stanley Cup.

Comment

Hello everyone... newb here....
        I bought my gold ticket last year but unfortunately I cannot afford to go SO
        if anyone is looking for or needs a gold ticket I'm selling mine. Seat F15
        PM me for deets.
        THANKS!

Comment

They have had star breakfasts all the years I have been going Deeds. I know the last two years for sure. Since I went to the SGU one in. 2010.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Yep, so I see...amended my post accordingly...

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
              Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
              Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
              Doublecut
              mamasue9
              Dr. Carson Beckett
              Camelot7414
              Krisz
              Geoi McKay
              Snowflake + 2(maybe 5)
              silvercomet
              Scarym1
              AnnieS + 1 maybe
              Nynaeve69 +1
              MylittleElit
              SabrinaB
              Starbird
              Clairec007
              Jian
              picardythirds
              nakedwesley
              knightie
              Vecturist
              SGAFan + 1
              Hoschi
              Lea
              helen450

Comment

Hi everyone,

Another newbie here. I've never been to a convention before, so the information in this thread has been invaluable. Thanks!

Cheers,
                Helen

Comment

Hi Helen!

Welcome to the thread and GW!

I expect Vancouver will be a bit warmer in April than Winterpeg!

This thread is an awesome place for info, it saved me at my first con a bunch of years ago. I hope you have a great first adventure...

Comment

Welcome all newbies and con virgins...

Comment

Originally posted by helen450 View Post
                      Hi everyone,

Another newbie here. I've never been to a convention before, so the information in this thread has been invaluable. Thanks!

Cheers,
                      Helen
                      Hi Helen and welcome to the thread. We've all been where you are with going to your first convention, and I for one would never have gone to my first convention back in 2007 if it wasn't for getting to know folks on the Gateworld con thread. They made me feel so welcome and helped me make up my mind to take the plunge and go all by myself too!

So, no question is silly and we are all friends already when we meet in April!!

Updated seating chart, I've put you on it.

Comment

Thanks, thanks, and thanks!

Comment

Weather update for Vancouver. We have VERY VERY THICK FOG on Burrard Inlet. Couldn't see either side when crossing on Lion's Gate Bridge this afternoon. Or coming back on the Seabus tonight. Been like that for a few days.
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Weather update for Vancouver. We have VERY VERY THICK FOG on Burrard Inlet. Couldn't see either side when crossing on Lion's Gate Bridge this afternoon. Or coming back on the Seabus tonight. Been like that for a few days.
                            awww thats too bad. I live in Richmond by the airport and its been beautiful for the last couple days. I guess it really just depends what part of the lower mainland your in. The weather varies A LOT along the south coast.
                            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                            GateCon Vancouver 2011
                            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

thanks you sent it my way. i leave work at midnight and feel like I am entering a Zombie movie or that Jack the Ripper is gonna get me...wait, if the sanctuary team shows up chasing Chris that's ok, but otherwise...it is pretty awesome

Welcome to all new people!!!!
                              Music and Stargate
                              sigpic
                              Perfection

Comment

We've had our yearly snow dump....about 7 inches fell overnight......and before any "experienced-with-snow Canadians" jump down my throat, we're not grousing, have already cleared and salted the paths and will be perfectly happy when it goes away, which it will very quickly...

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X