Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Has anyone emailed Adam or Gary to find out if they're going to actually have pre-registration on Thursday night?
    Thought that was on the convention page??
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

The skytrain stops around 1:30am depending on the night.
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
        Thought that was on the convention page??
        From the convention page:
        Pre-registration (not a necessity, just a convenience) is generally offered for weekend patrons on the night prior to the convention. This will be confirmed and noted on this site as we get closer to the event.

Comment

It's not a guarantee, though. The Star Trek convention from July had the same statement, but pre-registration opened about an hour before the doors to the theatre opened. However, given how long pre-registration took last year, I'd say an advance pre-registration is practically a certainty.

Comment

Last year, the convention was still 4 days but the numbers were low, and Sunday wrapped up at 4pm.

Comment

HEY mamasue9 did you get my PM. Please reply.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

I should arrive on Thursday afternoon. So I might be up for a meeting before I drop with exhaustion.

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                It's not a guarantee, though. The Star Trek convention from July had the same statement, but pre-registration opened about an hour before the doors to the theatre opened. However, given how long pre-registration took last year, I'd say an advance pre-registration is practically a certainty.
                At all the 3-days-Stargate-cons the pre-reg was on Friday around noon. Pre-reg basically means gold before the other tickets. I guess it will be the same this year in Van.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                Done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33681[/ATTACH]
                I'm in seat B26

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                OOOOO, you can chat with me!!!!! really, it would just be you listening to me as I tend to ..... talk....a lot. But i am not boring!! Or so all my friends tell me, course i think they are scared of me, but whatever
                Definitely scared
                sigpic

Comment

Okay getting upset here. Am still looking for a place to stay at the hotel. Have been in contact with at least 2 people by PM and now my PMs are being ignored today, by one even though it says they are online. I need an answer from this person so I can give another an answer
                  Last edited by AnnieS; 29 January 2012, 08:54 AM.
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Ok everyone...I'm not sure if I am getting my conventions confused, but in the past, has there not been a "get together" the night BEFORE the convention AS WELL as the SJP dinner on Sunday? I distinctly remember there being something planned at a location offsite the night before and people coming after pre-registration but maybe I have lost my mind. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?
                    sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                    GateCon Vancouver 2011
                    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                      Ok everyone...I'm not sure if I am getting my conventions confused, but in the past, has there not been a "get together" the night BEFORE the convention AS WELL as the SJP dinner on Sunday? I distinctly remember there being something planned at a location offsite the night before and people coming after pre-registration but maybe I have lost my mind. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?
                      The meetup gathering is for folks who are in town before the con. In the old days, there was an official GateWorld dinner before the con usually after pre-reg when Darren and David would be in Vancouver. Since the economy has changed, the official GW dinner has moved to Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                        The meetup gathering is for folks who are in town before the con. In the old days, there was an official GateWorld dinner before the con usually after pre-reg when Darren and David would be in Vancouver. Since the economy has changed, the official GW dinner has moved to Sunday.
                        Thanks I was worried I had lost my mind... I remember going to those in the past few years.
                        sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                        Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                        GateCon Vancouver 2011
                        Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                          Thanks I was worried I had lost my mind... I remember going to those in the past few years.
                          is ok, we are still all meating at Red Robin Thursday night I think...

I know so many people from years of going to cons, and yet, I tend to walk around in my own little world so I think I don't actually know anyone...run up to me and scare the crap outa me of you want to. Then I can download your face into my brain Pretty sure random poeple doing that would be momorable!!

Is it wierd that i already have my packing all sorted in my head?

oh and does anyone have a good sig I could borrow? mine is just the beach a bunch of us went to the last time we went to the L.A. con. And I really suck at comp stuff..
                          Music and Stargate
                          sigpic
                          Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                            is ok, we are still all meating at Red Robin Thursday night I think...

Is it wierd that i already have my packing all sorted in my head?
                            oooooooo...any tips for a newbie?

Comment

And there also was the party that Arctic Goddess would always put on. That was always a fun evening the night before the con after both the pre-reg and the Offical GW dinner.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                                oooooooo...any tips for a newbie?
                                to a convention?? Oh man, is this going to be your first? Do NOT forget your underwear!! or camera. i have heard two horror stories bout those things. basically everyone is nice, and you have no stress as no one will make fun of you for liking sci-fi, plus everyone is helpfull, so if you need anything just ask. Oh I have so many things to say. Yep I talk to much, I know....
                                Music and Stargate
                                sigpic
                                Perfection

Comment

Working...
                                X