No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They added Sarah Strange ie Morgan Le Fay.

Wow..I just noticed that the Joe, Paul, David photo op is $139. Love the guys but not paying that much for a 10 second photograph.

Love seeing how they are getting some of the reoccurring characters. It's fun to see/listen what they have been up to!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

A nice selection of guests for SG-1, many of whom I haven't seen before. I am surprised that there's not even one SGU guest announced yet. As someone who really liked that show I'm hoping this is made up for soon with future guest announcements.

I'm still crossing everything that can be crossed in the hope that Louis Ferriera makes an appearance!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        A nice selection of guests for SG-1, many of whom I haven't seen before. I am surprised that there's not even one SGU guest announced yet. As someone who really liked that show I'm hoping this is made up for soon with future guest announcements.

I'm still crossing everything that can be crossed in the hope that Louis Ferriera makes an appearance!
        Amen!!

Comment

Of the male stars, I'd love to see Michael Shanks and Jason Momoa sign on. For the women, I definitely want Amanda Tapping, Rachel Luttrell and Torri Higginson added to the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

I totally agree. He and Patrick Gilmore would be my fave choices from the show as they were my two faves. They have already gotten Steve Bacic and Ryan Robbins, these were two of the choices I had on the list of who I wanted to attend the convention, that I sent to them a while back. So maybe Louis and Patrick.

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
            Of the male stars, I'd love to see Michael Shanks and Jason Momoa sign on. For the women, I definitely want Amanda Tapping, Rachel Luttrell and Torri Higginson added to the bill.
            Unforuntly I believe there is reasons why certain people won't attend this one.
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Bugger...hit delete instead of edit..button...

Was saying that, even with the price increases for tickets and extras, the "bigger hitters" charge higher con appearance rates than others and I doubt that Creation could afford them all in one go...and with Judge, Hewlett etc I'd imagine you've got your Big Ones there already...

Might be around Vancouver (depending on finances, air fares, Santa bringing presents) the weekend before for FanExpo, more in my price range and preference for Con-going these days....have moved away from the bigger more elaborately and, I'm afraid for me, too expensive ones and if I'm still around in Vancouver after visiting that one then me and Mr Deeds might just pop in to say "hi"....

We shall see.....and let's hope I don't delete this comment eh?....

Deeds xx
              Last edited by discodiva; 18 December 2011, 12:38 AM.
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

With inviting guests - I think it is a bit of a catch-22. Flanigan, Hewlett, and Shanks may all be expensive, but they do get people to attend.
                sigpic

Comment

Exactly...to me, they are the three most entertaining guests....and I think that any three of them could work on stage with each other actually...I would love to see Michael and David repeat the Rodney/Daniel exchanges of Lost Tribe and First Contact...IF they remember to slow down when speaking!!.. ....

E.T.A....the lack of Michael is what's most definitely making me think about not attending for sure...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    Exactly...to me, they are the three most entertaining guests....and I think that any three of them could work on stage with each other actually...I would love to see Michael and David repeat the Rodney/Daniel exchanges of Lost Tribe and First Contact...IF they remember to slow down when speaking!!.. ....

E.T.A....the lack of Michael is what's most definitely making me think about not attending for sure...

Deeds xx
                    I know I have bought cheaper tickets when Joe wasn't there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys,
                      I'm new here.
                      I'm a big (though new) fan of Stargate.. My husband and I heard about the convention in Vancouver and it being the last and we are interested in going. We live in Florida, though, and can't realllly afford to go. But we really want to go.

Can you tell me what these things are like?
                      What happens during them?

Is the convention in the hotel?
                      Do you ever see kids there?
                      We will have an 18 month old..We are trying to get my dad to drive up from WA to hang out with her in the room while we're there, but do they even allow kids that young for parts of the event? I did write them an e-mail but I thought I'd ask you.

Are gold tickets worth it? All the close seats are gone... Is it better to choose row e in the middle / outer edge, or go further back and be by the inside aisle? Just wanted some tips on that.

Is the tour worth it?

Are there any other places to go in Vancouver and any tips for using the train (Sky something?)

We were thinking of arriving in the afternoon on Tuesday and then leaving the morning of Monday.

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by bethanygm View Post
                        The biggest thing are the actor Q&A panels, which are either scheduled individually or as a group. Through-out the day, there are also photo ops available with the guests. There are even options like one hour Meet & Greets with select guests, though these are the most costly of activities.

Other, non-celebrity activities include an auction each day for various merchandise, a costume contest and other activities which will be announced as the convention draws closer.

Yes, the bulk of the convention takes place in the ballroom on the third floor of the hotel.

There have been kids at the conventions I've been to. But, as far as I'm aware, each individual person would need a separate ticket to attend the convention.

We will have an 18 month old..We are trying to get my dad to drive up from WA to hang out with her in the room while we're there, but do they even allow kids that young for parts of the event? I did write them an e-mail but I thought I'd ask you.
                        There shouldn't be any problem with them being at the hotel as the convention takes up only a small portion of it but if you book your room through Creation, you could receive a discount off the normal rates.

Are gold tickets worth it? All the close seats are gone... Is it better to choose row e in the middle / outer edge, or go further back and be by the inside aisle?
                        If the guest list appeals to you, then the gold tickets are definitely worth it as they not only reserve the best seats for gold ticket holders, but also include complimentary autographs from selected guests and complimentary admission into the parties. The closest seats are all taken, unfortunately, with rows A through D completely booked. As for where, exactly, you should look for seats, it all depends on where you're the most comfortable.

If you wish to come and go in the ballroom with the greatest of ease, then the outer edge by seat 33 is ideal as that is where the entrance is... provided the stage is set up the same as it was this year.

[quote\Are there any other places to go in Vancouver and any tips for using the train (Sky something?)[/QUOTE]

Get vaccination!

Just kidding, just be sure to schedule extra time when using SkyTrain as Metrotown station, the station closest to the hotel, is one of the busiest on the line and can get very congested during peak hours.

Comment

vaccination?

I'm just trying to decide if it is worth it. I'd be surprised if they charged admission to an 18 month old since she just sits on our lap and will either sleep or we'll take her out of the room.

What are the other contests / parties like? Is it usually a smaller event or pretty big? We haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon in 2007, and we could (maybe should?) go on smaller weekend vacations closer to home because we are on a very very tight budget... but I really love Stargate!

Comment

Hey guys,
                            I'm new here.
                            I'm a big (though new) fan of Stargate.. My husband and I heard about the convention in Vancouver and it being the last and we are interested in going. We live in Florida, though, and can't realllly afford to go. But we really want to go.

Are gold tickets worth it? All the close seats are gone... Is it better to choose row e in the middle / outer edge, or go further back and be by the inside aisle? Just wanted some tips on that.

Is the tour worth it?

Are there any other places to go in Vancouver and any tips for using the train (Sky something?)

We were thinking of arriving in the afternoon on Tuesday and then leaving the morning of Monday.
                            Combining the convention with a sightseeing vacation is a great way to justify the cost! There is so much around vancouver to see. Stanley park, Grouse Mountain, the aquarium, Chinatown... the list goes on.

If you're thinking of bringing the baby into the actual events, I highly suggest seats on the side aisle, so you can make a quick getaway if she starts crying, or you need to park a stroller. As a rule, I don't think the convention is a place for young children, just because of the crowds of people and risk of disrupting the talks, etc, but you won't be turned away for bringing her, if you need to.

Unless you want to take pictures and have a really nice camera, sitting further back isn't too bad. It just depends on how tall the people in front of you are. There are big screens on the sides of the stage, so you can see the actors better. As was said, the advantage to gold passes, is included autographs and the gold exclusive dessert party Saturday night. Otherwise, it depends on personal preference, and how badly you want to see any of the guests.

Aside from the talks, there are also autograph and photo op sessions and trivia contests, as well as auctions of posters, signed pictures, etc.
                            sigpic

Comment

I really wish I could get to this Con this year...
                              The only way I can make it to Vancouver is if I win the GW Contest.

I am going to miss everyone and all the good times we have together.
                              It sounds like there will be an awesome GW dinner.
                              Looks like there will be a lot of great guests with great stories!

Comment

Hey guys,
                                I'm new here.

Is the tour worth it?

Welcome!

Looks like others have covered many of your questions. All I can say is, if you can juggle your budget you won't regret coming to the Vancouver con. It's held in the land of Stargate after all and adds a little more to the experience, and Vancouver is a lovely place.

I'm actually going on the location tour, probably end up going to the part of Vancouver I live in lol. but I decided to buy the ticket because I wanted to go on this last tour with a bunch of fellow Stargate fans and just share the memories of a great show. I decided it was worth it for that, I don't have the money either but I just went for it! I think this would also be a great way for you to see bits of Vancouver that you wouldn't normally see if you go for the usual tourist sightseeing trips. This would take up the whole of Thursday though.

For the usual sightseeing trips I would get on one of the sightseeing buses. It's a great way to see the main bits of Vancouver in the limited time you have for sightseeing. The Skytrain takes you into Downtown Vancouver's Waterfront station.

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tours/hop-on-hop-off

http://bigbus.ca/home/ ......with this company you add the various attractions like Grouse Mnt and the Capilano Suspension bridge as extras in one package.

Then again, I haven't been to Capilano Suspension Bridge since they built the new cliff walkway. I would be happy to drive anyone who wants to go there on the Wednesday, can also visit 'Jack's cabin' while we're in the area. I've taken that day off work to meet up with people and do stuff like this before the con starts. I will be working on the Monday and Tuesday though.

Comment

Working...
                                X