Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIN TICKETS TO THE CREATION CHICAGO CON!!! (Aug 27-29, 2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to win the ticket to the Chicago convention because I have just returned from a year of voluntary work in China. Re-watching all the series of SG-1 and finally being able to watch all five of Atlantis was pretty much the only thing that got me through five months of long winter nights in my apartment; with below freezing temperatures, no heating, no insulation and windows that didn't even close properly. Having been a volunteer for the last year, attending a Stargate Convention (something I've never been able to afford even before) would be an amazing reward for myself for the year of hard work helping others, but is still out of reach because of the cost.

Most of all, I want to attend the convention so I can thank the cast members of both SG-1 and Atlantis for being one of the things that kept me sane out there, while cut off from everything from home.

x

Comment

I would like to see what the all the excitement is about attending a Creation Convention.

Joy

Comment

For any probies that are joining just to participate in the contest, if there is any difficulty in contacting the winner, the mods and admin will do anything we can to get people contacted. All they need to do is tell us who they want to contact and we'll either change your settings or facilitate contact by asking permission to share e-mails, etc.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would love to win because Stargate has been an important part of my life the last few years. I've rediscovered all of the series through DVD and can't believe how much I've missed and love the shows. Going to the con will give me an opportunity to thank the people involved with the shows for bringing a refreshing escape from some of the shows on TV right now. Thank you.

Comment

I've been a fan of Stargate since the beginning. Some thought the movie was a flop (blasphemy) but I knew I was in love. I think it all started when I was in third grade and did a project on space and the pyramids. I was reading Erich von Däniken's "Chariots of the Gods?" and was just fascinated with the prospect of alien life and evidence of it on Earth. That was pre-Stargate the movie. Who knew I was so ahead of the times. I even remember watching that first episode, nudity and all. Way to go Showtime!

Watching the original series is still one of my fondest memories because it was one of the few things my dad and I could actually do together and I still believe he liked it almost as much as me. It's easily, hands down, no contest, the best series ever made. I've entered their contest every year trying to win a small guest cameo, which never happened. My girlfriend and I had two DVR's and the one I predominantly used was full of SG-1 and Atlantis re-runs. I mean what else would I ever want to record? She got me the SG-1 complete series cube for my birthday one year. I've never had a child but opening that has to be the closest feeling I've ever had. The year before that, she had a birthday cake specially made with a "Stargate Worlds" wallpaper pictured on the top along with truffle pyramids in the corners. She not even a fan (although she watched some Universe) but she knows how much I truly love it and maybe this convention would be that last push she needs in the right direction.

I checked my e-mail daily just to see if I was selected for beta testing on Stargate Worlds. When they put it on an indefinite hold, I was crushed even though they claim to still be working on it. It was like hearing about the cancellation of SG-1 and Atlantis all over again. Come to think of it, I remember how sad I was at the SG-1 cancellation and there was formation of tears. Who here has the animated series made for kids that aired on weekends? I know I do. There's isn't an episode of any of the series I haven't seen, dozens of times. But at least we now have SGU. Just in promotion of the show, I passed out the Stargate Universe Pilot on DVD's at my work and I now have co-workers that talk to me weekly about how much they like the show. These are people that didn't previously watch the series and now love it. It's almost a religion in itself and I was there to spread the word.

Stargate Resistance, the one saving grace that came out of SGW, and I had to have it. I entered the contest for the tricked out SGR desktop PC and again, didn't win. At least with that game, I still get the feeling of going threw the gate and into the SGC. Hell, I even have the Stargate Super Nintendo game based off the movie.

Is it risky of me to say that there isn't one thing I can think of that I wouldn't do for those tickets, because I don't. The only downside to getting those tickets is that my SG uniform won't be finished before the convention. If there's one contest left that I have a chance at, I have to try. Even if there's no hotels left to stay in, I'll sleep in my car. If I won, it would be an act of God himself to keep me from Chicago. With that being said, I hope that I'm picked for the tickets and that there really isn't an act of God to stand in my way.

To all the people I've never talked with before on the forums, "tek ma te" and to those shol'va who think they'll win before me, don't be a hasshak

Comment

I frankly believe that I should be the extremely lucky one to be chosen because of a couple of reasons. The most important is that I have every second of Stargate episodes and movies. And the fact that everyday I try to brighten up everyones day with a line from Stargate such as "Good Moring Campers!".

Comment

Re: WIN TICKETS TO THE CREATION CHICAGO CON!!! (Aug 27-29, 2010)

Im Diavin, from Mauritius island. I wont say im the biggest fan of the Stargate franchise because many people say that nowadays. all i can say is that i love the show, love every aspect about this franchise and i never got the chance to travel in my life. if i were to travel for the 1st time and attend this prestigious event, it would really mean something to me, it would be priceless.

Comment

There once was a little girl named Sammie. Sammie was a bright and happy child. Then one sad winter day her parents got divorced. Eventually Sammie found happiness again watching Stargate SG-1 with her mom. She idolized Sam Carter, who was smart and beautiful and driven. She watched all of Stargate SG-1 and all of Atlantis too. Then she decided she wanted to make movies and TV shows with amazing role models too. So she went off to college to follow her dream. Things were going well for a while at college until Sammie got really bad depression and got kicked out of film school. Now Sammie is sad... Not much in life makes her happy except watching Stargate. She would love the opportunity to go to the convention and meet all the stars she has watched for so many years. It may even give her the motivation she needs to turn her life around.

Comment

I went last year and bought tickets and could not really enjoy myself because i bought tickets so late. I would love the chance to get this package so i can go again and really enjoy myself this time. Please pick me I am unemployed and this would be the best way to close my summer this year.

Cort Kern

Comment

I would like to go very much please.

Comment

Two reasons:
                        1. I love everything Stargate
                        2. I need to get away from my sons

Comment

I hope to win to make up for lost time.. I remember when I first started watching SG1 in 1997, and I didn't pay much attention to the show. However around its 5th or 6th season it really grew on me and I started to watch everything from the past. When Atlantis came out, I was glued. I was never able to make a convention or meet the great actors who played in the shows.. To win would mean I get to take part in an event with people who belonged to a great legacy.

Comment

I want to go to Creation Con because here in the deep south, all we get are small segments of Stargate. I used to go to Creation Cons in NY and miss them. I have been a fan for years, missed last year's Dragoncon as had other expenses (though had someone here and daughter went), missed a few others for health reasons. And I have family there so can visit "long lost cousins" and do the con. Win win win situation!
                            Debra's siggy
                            Spoiler:

Comment

what if you cannot access your inbox? I believe it is not working because of my probie status. I also cannot edit my account. I'd hate to win and not be able to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                For any probies that are joining just to participate in the contest, if there is any difficulty in contacting the winner, the mods and admin will do anything we can to get people contacted. All they need to do is tell us who they want to contact and we'll either change your settings or facilitate contact by asking permission to share e-mails, etc.
                                Originally posted by LaEsmerelda View Post
                                what if you cannot access your inbox? I believe it is not working because of my probie status. I also cannot edit my account. I'd hate to win and not be able to find out.
                                See the above quote from the moderator.

Comment

Working...
                                X